Nothing to see here version 2.0

The Fish

Not really sure on that to be honest - I'd get another striker I guess, just in case Cisse doesn't recover. Defence seems fine, although rightback cover for Debuchy might be worth looking into (although I guess we have Santon).

What about a playmaker to replace Cabaye? If we get one now, he can bed in/provide cover this season to ease his transition in the next.

So I guess Striker, Central playmaker. Not sure a third is needed.

My question was 3 improvements to the first team though or to put it the other way, who are the three weakest links in the first 11?

It's quite difficult when you think about it like that.

442 system most people would say replace Ameobi but which other two?

433 it's even tougher?

Even Williamson is looking like a rock at the minute.

• Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think on that basis then, you'd have to say we could only improve by taking on Champs League standard players i.e. those playing for the traditional (minus Man Utd) top four. We're not likely to improve from players we'd be competing with mid-table teams for.

Otherwise we buy young players and hope they develop into Champs League standard - but as you've said, that's not what you asked.

Also - can't decide on our weakest players. Probably Williamson and Shola. Then Santon/Gouffran? Not that they're bad at all, just struggling to rank people really.

Edited by Rayvin

Also - can't decide on our weakest players. Probably Williamson and Shola. Then Santon/Gouffran? Not that they're bad at all, just struggling to rank people really.

Thats the hard part ranking them! Imagine if you then have to convince an owner that xx million is going to buy a player who'll replace Gouffran and give us xx million more than he has so far this season!

Sholas the easy shout in 442 followed by Santon (who may well become the finished article down the line) but after those two and on current form it gets tight. Most would go for Williamson but he's looking like a rock at the moment.

433, after Santon it's damn hard again. Remy out left to make way for a Demba Ba which suggest Gouffran or Sissoko to be replaced.

Do my head in playing football manager :lol:

Thats the hard part ranking them! Imagine if you then have to convince an owner that xx million is going to buy a player who'll replace Gouffran and give us xx million more than he has so far this season!

Sholas the easy shout in 442 followed by Santon (who may well become the finished article down the line) but after those two and on current form it gets tight. Most would go for Williamson but he's looking like a rock at the moment.

433, after Santon it's damn hard again. Remy out left to make way for a Demba Ba which suggest Gouffran or Sissoko to be replaced.

Do my head in playing football manager :lol:

I disagree with this I think it is pretty easy who our 3 weakest links are

Shola-obvious

Santon-not playing too great or bad but makes some mental errors

Goufrann-good player with good work ethic but with santon out of the lineup and a more sound defensive LB we could use a more attacking LW that can create for himself and the striker which honestly goufrann really can't

This is all nit picking though I am very happy with what the ram has done and I hope for continued success

Now for what I hope happens in the January transfer market I would love a striker(I kno which players I would love to bring in but I don't think any are to realistic), central midfielder (dembele was my first choice and before avb got fired I though very possible cause he wasent being used as much but under the new coach I'm not to sure), and cover for RB(this alson not to sure but wouldn't mind a younger talent ala Haidara last year) then sell cisse and obertan and I would consider this a great transfer market

Our three weakest starting players are Williamson, Santon and Shola when he plays. Let's not forget that Remy is not our player so we certainly need a permanent striker.

As I said earlier in the thread, in my opinion the only way we will sign anyone is if they're a 'bargain' as defined by Ashley. The champions league gamble theory is an interesting one, but sadly I think it's nothing more than a theory. To that end scoping some six month loan deals from the likes of Real Madrid for players on big wages that aren't getting much time on the pitch would be worth looking into. A few players in generally perks things up and keeps things fresh.

Another striker is a must even with on loan Remy. I've no confidence we'll sign him next year but regardless, he's been looking a bit knackered lately and it would be nice to have another option, would be even nicer if that option was an in form Cisse but the jurys still out on him. Anyway, seen a quote from Pardew the other day where the opening sentence had the words 'keeping our powder dry' so I'd guess niet comrades.

Wouldn't it be nice if we went out and strengthened from a position of strength this January. 2 or 3 just to help us push for top four in this peculiar season.

You mean Mike Ashley the football genius might not do this?

It's obvious for me

• We need a striker because we don't own a starting Premier League striker at the minute. Signing Remy on a permanent deal would be adequate, getting him and another (there are still rumours we have Gomis on a pre-contract agreement) would be better.
  • We need a centre half because although Mike Williamson is in the form of his life, form is temporary and he's not a top 6 centre back, someone who will take the 1st choice spot when Colo inevitably leaves.
  • We need a young central midfielder either in the Cabaye or Tiote mould. When one or other is injured/suspended we need him to take the reigns. I'd love Will Hughes of Derby for this.

My Arsenal mate says a striker is the priority and some bloke called Diego Costa will sign..

Isn't Diego Costa another Carzola/Ramsey/Rosicky clone?

Isn't Diego Costa another Carzola/Ramsey/Rosicky clone?

Nah I think you're getting him mixed up with Douglas Costa that plays for Shakhtar.

Diego Costa is the one that turned his back on Brazil to play for Spain. He's been in sensational form this season and would probably cost about £40 million, so there's no chance of that happening.

Nah I think you're getting him mixed up with Douglas Costa that plays for Shakhtar.

Diego Costa is the one that turned his back on Brazil to play for Spain. He's been in sensational form this season and would probably cost about £40 million, so there's no chance of that happening.

Aye, that's the fellow. :good:

What really upsets me is that we don't have the ambition or drive to go out and get one real good player that could really help us have a legitimate chance to her champions leauge football my pick would be Edin Dzeko. Would cost sonewhere between 20 to 30 most likely somewhere in the middle. He is a huge improvement over shola has the same strengths such as being big can hold up play and can win jump balls but can also create for himself and others while having an eye for goal. He doesn't start and haven't for awhile now this a World Cup year so the more first team football he gets the better which he would be guaranteed here. He would help our club immensely and would be loved and adored for it and with his help we could get champions leauge football which mite be the only thing maybe preventing the move it makes to much sense on both sides but alas it will never happen

Gotta love the optimism there. I'd take Djeko but he could probably move to a Champs League club rather than us =/

Ha thanks but honestly why should this even be considered that optimistic. I understand he is not the typical player we go out and get but I'm not saying lets go out and get aguero or Suarez I'm saying lets go get a player that haven't started for his club in a few years and scoring recorded isn't anything earth shattering while I understand he is a good player we should be able to go out and get at least 1 player of his caliber to help our cause

Wages. He'd be on astronomical wages at Man City. Paying them is one thing, upsetting other team members is another. I'd imagine it would be a difficult balance to strike.

If we could get someone like him in on loan it could be more viable.

What about Benteke? The noise surrounding him has dropped off (largely because his form has) but I reckon he's still a good player, and also potentially the sort of forward we would need. Villa would be reluctant I guess but he's young and I don't think they could argue he should cost more than £12mill or so.