Politics

Christmas Tree

15% import duty on all goods AND FOOD made outside the EU. Give Uk firms a chance who are competing against child and slave labour wages. Look at Burberry and the carry on there. We need to get serious. The ingenuity is here, the willpower of Govt isn't.

Edited by Park Life

Do you understand the difference between absolute advantage and relative advantage?

Why do we need thousands of jobs in an area in which we are at an absolute disadvantage to other countries?

You appear to have completely given up the UK as a lost cause. So, do you plan to move your family to a country where there is hope as opposed to your expectation that decline and misery are inevitable?

Can you also let me know how much depth you would like me to post on a forum.

Revenues - Expenditure = Surplus (deficit)

There is no need for depth. It is yourself and Chez doing the smoke and mirrors trick. It is very simple.

To continue the way of life this country has enjoyed for generations requires mass employment for the poorer end of society. The ones who worked down the mines, built ships etc etc.

No amount of hi-tec robot good wishes are going to employ these people.

And no government can continually borrow money to prop up the economy.

There is no need for depth. It is yourself and Chez doing the smoke and mirrors trick. It is very simple.

To continue the way of life this country has enjoyed for generations requires mass employment for the poorer end of society. The ones who worked down the mines, built ships etc etc.

No amount of hi-tec robot good wishes are going to employ these people.

And no government can continually borrow money to prop up the economy.

Well the tories should have thought of that when they shut down manufacturing. ;)

Guess the biggest market for German engineering??

Yes, Germany.

Edited by Park Life

15% import duty on all goods AND FOOD made outside the EU. Give Uk firms a chance who are competing against child and slave labour wages. Look at Burberry and the carry on there. We need to get serious. The ingenuity is here, the willpower of Govt isn't.

Thats probably a bit off down the road. The next few decades will have various parties in for short periods, each blaming the other and each trying to hoodwink the electorate with far off policies (ed balls latest example).

Eventually a man / woman will rise.

Until then expect Britain to become a much nastier place as benefits reduce etc etc.

Did you miss this one Chez or do you just do theory ;)

Too stupid to reply to, the answer was 'do you know what an investment is?' which explains what happens when money is allocated into a project by either a financial market, a private investor or a government.

But if thats not enough for you, just pose the same stupid question at a large investment bank putting money into high tech Taiwanese stocks, do you then say, what happens when they stop chucking money at this market and turn the taps off?

No, no you dont.

Thats probably a bit off down the road. The next few decades will have various parties in for short periods, each blaming the other and each trying to hoodwink the electorate with far off policies (ed balls latest example).

Eventually a man / woman will rise.

Until then expect Britain to become a much nastier place as benefits reduce etc etc.

Don't make me come back and sort shit out. :)

Serioulsy there is a trade war ongoing between China and the West...They won't re-value the Juan and so we're gonna start hurting them back. Let's have it!

Edited by Park Life

Too stupid to reply to, the answer was 'do you know what an investment is?' which explains what happens when money is allocated into a project by either a financial market, a private investor or a government.

But if thats not enough for you, just pose the same stupid question at a large investment bank putting money into high tech Taiwanese stocks, do you then say, what happens when they stop chucking money at this market and turn the taps off?

No, no you dont.

nice avoid. ;)

Get rid of Scotland and let them suck cash from the EU. Boom! See how that goes for them. :lol:

Take interest rate policy away from the Bank of England and let me do it.

Edited by Park Life

Set up trade war councils with India, Australia and the parts of Africa we like. Invest tech and knowledge into their core industries and parachute in UK firms to skim up the profits. Yes baby lets neo-colonise. :lol: America is crap at that stuff and China are doing what we used to do ie building infrastructure in Africa and Central America.

Set up a minister for patents and invention and give him a budget and a brains trust to action the top 10 UK patents every year.

Make Assanage the media czar and make the UK the home of the free information and media exchange for the planet and pass legislation to protect them. Information is money.

If mobile phone companies are going to avoid tax in the Uk tax the hardware at point of purchase or point of import (see above). Simple.

Build the Eurofighter replacement solely in the UK : Bae, Racal, Raytheon, Rolls Royce: Cost 15-20 billion.

Edited by Park Life

• 2 weeks later...
Chief whip Andrew Mitchell apologises to police

Government chief whip Andrew Mitchell has apologised for disrespectful remarks to police who made him get off his bicycle as he left Downing Street.

"I accept I did not treat the police with the respect they deserve," he said. The Conservative MP denied claims in the Sun that he had sworn and called the officers "plebs".

A No 10 spokesperson said the prime minister welcomed news of the apology.

The Metropolitan Police said it had not made a complaint against Mr Mitchell.

His outburst came after armed police turned Mr Mitchell away from the main Downing Street gate, instead directing him to the smaller pedestrian gate.

He is reported to have used foul language and told the officer at the gates to "learn your place" and "you don't run this government". The officer concerned reported the incident to his superiors..

Lovely fella.

Guest CabayeAye

20,000,000,000 to buy some fucking planes man! Who are we at war with again?

If you'd ever worked with defence contractors, you'd understand why it was so expensive. Because they are all fleecing bastards. Combine this with the fact that it is a tri-national programme, and it was always going to be ultra-inefficient.

It's not that we're not at war with anyone - we've been at war permanently since the thirties - it's the wrong type of warfare at the minute. The Eurofighter was conceived in a post cold-war world where we were still envisioning WWIII. 20 years later, we're in the early stages of a West-Islam conflict where there is no requirement to shoot planes down. It's not even like the Eurofighter is useful in a ground support role. It is exactly what we don't need from an aircraft at this time. Unless Iran, China or Russia gets involved against us, I'm afraid it's going to have to go down as a colossal waste of money, even if we do decend into all out war against the Muslim world.

Guest CabayeAye

As a Muslim, i'd rather not have a war with anyone; it's those Christian fuckers who are a real danger to our peace & safety in the world

That's not what your holy book says...

The Quran, chapter 9 (At-Tawba), verse 5: “ But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

translated by Abdullah Yusuf Ali

Prophet! Rouse the believers to wage war. If there are twenty amongst you, patient and persevering, they will subdue two hundred: if a hundred, they will subdue a thousand of the disbelievers: for these are a people without understanding.

[
]

Muster against them all the men and cavalry at your disposal so that you can strike terror into the enemies of Allah and of the believers and others beside them who may be unknown to you, though Allah knows them. And remember whatever you spend for the cause of Allah shall be repaid to you. You shall not be wronged.

—Quran,
[
]

Those who believe, fight in the cause of Allah, and those who disbelieve, fight in the cause of Satan. So fight you against the friends of Satan. Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Satan.

[
]

Indeed those who are opposing Allah and His Messenger are bound to be humiliated. The Almighty has ordained: ‘‘I and My Messengers shall always prevail’’. Indeed Allah is Mighty and Powerful.

[
]

It is He who has sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth to manifest
it over all religion
, although they who associate others with Allah dislike it.

[
]

Have you ever lived in an Islamic country? Because I have. And it was an utter hell hole completely devoid of morals or infrastructure. Although I don't agree with the Christianity that is forced upon the UK (I'm an Atheist), it's a hundred times better than Sharia and the other evil that is forced upon the unfortunate folk in the Middle East.

Whilst on duty at *** tonight (Wed 19th Sept) on a 1400-2200 hrs between the hours of 1800-2000 I had to deal with a man claiming to be the chief whip and who I later confirmed to be such and a Mr Andrew MITCHELL.

Mr Mitchell was speaking to PC ******** demanding exit through the main vehicle gate into Whitehall. PC ******** explained to Mr MITCHELL that the policy was for pedal cycles to use the side pedestrian exit. Mr MITCHELL refused, stating he was the chief whip and he always used the main gates.

I explained to Mr MITCHELL that the policy was to use the side pedestrian gates and that I was happy to open those for him, but that no officer present would be opening the main gates as this was the policy we were directed to follow.

Mr MITCHELL refused. Repeatedly reiterating he was the chief whip. My exact explanation to Mr MITCHELL was "I am more than happy to open the side pedestrian gate for you Sir, but it is policy that we are not to allow cycles through the main vehicle entrance".

After several refusals Mr MITCHELL got off his bike and walked to the pedestrian gate with me after I again offered to open that for him.

There were several members of public present as is the norm opposite the pedestrian gate and as we neared it, Mr MITCHELL said: "Best you learn your f------ place...you don’t run this f------ government...You’re f------ plebs." The members of public looked visibly shocked and I was somewhat taken aback by the language used and the view expressed by a senior government official. I can not say if this statement was aimed at me individually, or the officers present or the police service as a whole.

I warned Mr MITCHELL that he should not swear, and if he continued to do so I would have no option but to arrest him under the Public Order Act, saying "Please don’t swear at me Sir. If you continue to I will have no option but to arrest you under the public order act".

Mr MITCHELL was then silent and left saying "you haven’t heard the last of this" as he cycled off.

I forward this to you as all officers were extremely polite to Mr MITCHELL, but such behaviour and verbal expressions could lead to the unfortunate situation of officers being left no option but to exercise their powers.

I write this for your information as Mr Mitchell’s last comments would appear to indicate that he is unhappy with my actions.

I have recorded this fully in my pocket book.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/9564006/In-full-Police-log-detailing-Andrew-Mitchells-pleb-rant.html

You're getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning.... :lol:

Angry Miliband will force banks to break into pieces (consultancy fees galore to any former Labour SpAds) so that we will never suffer from the hands of collapsing investment banks like Northern Rock, Bradford & Bingley and the...er.. Dunfermline Building Society.