Politics

Christmas Tree

Agreed, but the opposition are always so desperate to get in :lol:

promise the world, deliver nowt....

I wonder what the coalition's plans for the 4G windfall are?.....tax breaks for the middle classes by any chance?.... :)

http://www.hmrc.gov....c-enrolment.htm

To be fair, anyone starting out in working life with one of these has missed the boat by about 20 years, the poor fuckers. Our kids will have to/hope to benefit from the huge increase in property prices that their parents have benefitted from in the last 20 years for their pensions too, unless theres another bubble coming our way....

Worth a good 350k, I'd say.

Guest CabayeAye

promise the world, deliver nowt....

I wonder what the coalition's plans for the 4G windfall are?.....tax breaks for the middle classes by any chance?.... :)

I wish. More like more foreign aid.

Guest CabayeAye

The niceties weren't just an elaborate build up to that punch line btw, in case you have doubts ;)

Build em up to cunt em down?

Just found out that somebody I know is getting their DLA stopped, despite the fact they haven't been fit to work for 20 + years due to an accident they had whilst working on the shipyards and despite the fact their doctor has stated numerous times that they aren't fit for any kind of work whatsoever.

Honestly this government takes the fucking piss.

Just found out that somebody I know is getting their DLA stopped, despite the fact they haven't been fit to work for 20 + years due to an accident they had whilst working on the shipyards and despite the fact their doctor has stated numerous times that they aren't fit for any kind of work whatsoever.

Honestly this government takes the fucking piss.

But surely it's a new Doctor who has ruled they are fit for work?

decent conference speech from miliband tbf. goign without notes seemed to loosen him up a bit. he actually delivered an address with a bit of personality and confidence for once. some good lines on the top rate of tax, the banks and the tories. definitely trying to occupy tory ground with this one nation stuff though

The Government are getting tough on DLA claimants now.

The problem is, they are getting tough on those who need it whilst the others continue to milk the system.

It shouldn't surprise anyone though, they've been doing it to law abiding motorists for long enough, turning old Mr Bloggs who had a clean licence for 50 years into a 6 penalty point endorsement on licence with added fines to go with it and a raise of his insurance, whilst the road rage criminal couldn't give a fuck, gets a rap on the wrist because the courts know they won't pay up and would rather go to jail, which they also know are too full and would serve no purpose to the car looneys who treat it as an occupational hazard.

They would have no qualms with sending old Mr Bloggs away though if he refuses to pay his fines.

Edited by wolfy

But surely it's a new Doctor who has ruled they are fit for work?

So all the stuff about ATOS sponsoring the Paraolympics just went completely over your head?

Google the cunts.

decent conference speech from miliband tbf. goign without notes seemed to loosen him up a bit. he actually delivered an address with a bit of personality and confidence for once. some good lines on the top rate of tax, the banks and the tories. definitely trying to occupy tory ground with this one nation stuff though

Shame I missed it as I cant imagine him being capable.

Heard quite a bit of Balls effort yesterday and it was basically just Tory bashing and scaremongering. If they think thats going to sway the electorate they are sadly mistaken. People will change if they see a clear difference in policy or a vision. Balls delivered neither.

Not it's not. It was by somebody that was employed by the current government who went round to their house and asked them a sit of questions and they based their own decision based on that.

http://www.atoshealt...lity_assessment

Its a hard one Johnny.

As for being "employed by the Government", anone who has ever judged on these cases has been "employed by the Government". The bottom line here is what criteria the Government set.

We all know that misuse of this benefit was widespread and that this increased massively under Labour. Partly down to GP's who really couldnt give a shit and partly down to claimants who know how to answer the right questions.

I remember when vibration white finger was rife for miners, the word quickly went round what you needed to say in the interview to get the benefit. Lads really did laugh all the way to the bank.

I then drive blind people around who work and other wheelchair bound severly disabled people who work. So I guess the question is what disability does this chap have that prevents him from ever working again?

May well be genuine.

I guess however that without knowing the full facts from all three parties, its very hard to draw a sensible conclusion.

So all the stuff about ATOS sponsoring the Paraolympics just went completely over your head?

Google the cunts.

Dont remember anyone bringing them up on here.

Im sure there are genuine cases and false ones and it being a very hard job to get it right every time. The last government went the opposite way and dished money out to all and sundry (including cheats), this government may be over egging it the other way. I dont know.

I do know that if rather than having your taxes taken off you, people queued up at your door for their handout, then you too would be a little more discriminate as to who you handed your cash too. Luckily. you are protected from making that distinction.

May well be genuine? I find that quite insulting that you've said that in all honesty.

Plus the issue is they are clearly ignoring something a medically qualified professional has said and are going off the judgement on a flawed scoring system by somebody that is in no real position to judge if somebody is fit to work.

Also due to how short notice the letter has been, this person is now absolutely terrified about not having any money to live on whatsoever, I don't see how that's fair and due to the way this has been handled it's causing a huge amount of stress on this person's life and making them extremely unwell.

People are dying every week who are deemed fit for work - a private company given contract targets to get a certain percentage back to work. If people get help from the CAb or the like they nearly always win as the medical basis is iffy to say the least but they hope people are scared into accepting it. The thing about the wonderful medical profession is that you can pay a doctor to say someone is fit just as you can pay one to say tou aren't.

And before you say it they were brought in under "Labour" which doesn't excuse it as I've said many times, Blair was aTory PM as far as I'm concerned.

I do know that if rather than having your taxes taken off you, people queued up at your door for their handout, then you too would be a little more discriminate as to who you handed your cash too. Luckily. you are protected from making that distinction.

I'd tell the armed forces, the farmers, the public schools, the monarchy and a few million other sponging rich cunts to fuck off before I got anywhere near people with terminal cancer.

May well be genuine? I find that quite insulting that you've said that in all honesty.

Plus the issue is they are clearly ignoring something a medically qualified professional has said and are going off the judgement on a flawed scoring system by somebody that is in no real position to judge if somebody is fit to work.

Also due to how short notice the letter has been, this person is now absolutely terrified about not having any money to live on whatsoever, I don't see how that's fair and due to the way this has been handled it's causing a huge amount of stress on this person's life and making them extremely unwell.

Not quite sure why you would be insulted. You have offered up very information on the case for randoms on the internet to arrive a considered decision.

You say the scoring system is flawed. Do you know it? Medically qualified people have been signing off false claims for years. That is fact.

With regard to the short notice etc I have no idea as you no the details not me. I do know that you can appeal these decisions.

My point is that previously the system was run rotten, now it may err on the side of the government. Somewhere there will be a decent balance, but there will always be borderline cases that sneak through / get missed.

Your anger should be equally aimed at Labour for letting this get out of hand in the first place.

I'd tell the armed forces, the farmers, the public schools, the monarchy and a few million other sponging rich cunts to fuck off before I got anywhere near people with terminal cancer.

Maybe you would, but that includes the soldiers who stopped you speaking German, the farmers who stuff your belly and the public schools who have produced some of the greatest minds / business leaders of our time, including the chap who invented this (iirc) ;)

Maybe you would, but that includes the soldiers who stopped you speaking German, the farmers who stuff your belly and the public schools who have produced some of the greatest minds / business leaders of our time, including the chap who invented this (iirc) ;)

WWII was fair enough but should have been the end - every conflict/use/presence since has been a complete waste of time money,effort and lives.

Farmers get huge subsidies. Then the bastards vote Tory by and large and absolutely so decry any kind of subsidy of manufacturing industry or anything else - hypocritical twats.

Public schools are bastions of priviledge and the fact they can still produce the Windsors, Osborne and Cameron proves that they don't have some magic wand when it comes to education - thick twats are thick twats and the higher minds you mention would prevail anywhere.