Politics

Christmas Tree

Jeremy Hunt get's a promotion. Typical Tory secret handshake stuff. Unbelievable.

Apparently he is a believer in homeopathy. Just what the NHS needs in cash strapped times, being led by a man who believes in magic.

Its back!!!!!!

No not just Dallas, but PMQ's.

Politics is absolutely the dullest it's been in years but things could be about to burst into life come 12 noon today. Cameron has ditched some of his parties lefties and moved towards the right and Ed Milliband (remember him), should be returning to PMQ's armed to the teeth.

He will also be aware that Party conference season is just around the corner and a lot of his own side have their fingers on the trigger, ready to end his miserable reign.

That leaves us with a desperate left leader and a meaner more right winged Prime Minister.

(And yes Dallas does start again tonight) :happygirl:

Apparently he is a believer in homeopathy. Just what the NHS needs in cash strapped times, being led by a man who believes in magic.

Just came here to post that too. Sounds like the new Equality minister Maria Miller is also ironically lacking in her new field.

Its back!!!!!!

No not just Dallas, but PMQ's.

Politics is absolutely the dullest it's been in years but things could be about to burst into life come 12 noon today. Cameron has ditched some of his parties lefties and moved towards the right and Ed Milliband (remember him), should be returning to PMQ's armed to the teeth.

He will also be aware that Party conference season is just around the corner and a lot of his own side have their fingers on the trigger, ready to end his miserable reign.

That leaves us with a desperate left leader and a meaner more right winged Prime Minister.

(And yes Dallas does start again tonight) :happygirl:

And you think a shoulder bag for men is "unmanly" :glare:

Theyre heading down that road as sure as eggs is eggs....if theres one thing that will make the British electorate turn on them its the thought of privtising the health service....

It wont though because these things creep up. The rich have been able to jump the queue for years and there are now more and more procedures they can buy.

It will continue under Labour or Conservative until we arrive at a point where it will have virtually happened anyway.

By selecting Hunt as Health Minister Cameron has overtly revealed he wants the destruction of the NHS. It'll be a piece of piss for Labour to make massive capital out of this. But I'm not that bothered about that part; the part which concerns me greatly as a user and employee IS the destruction of the NHS.

And no CT, it's not inevitable or even economically desirable. This is happening for purely ideological reasons and because the Tories alone are in bed with the US healthcare providers they want to draft in. Considering the absolute shambolic state of the US system, how can even you think this is a good idea?

By selecting Hunt as Health Minister Cameron has overtly revealed he wants the destruction of the NHS. It'll be a piece of piss for Labour to make massive capital out of this. But I'm not that bothered about that part; the part which concerns me greatly as a user and employee IS the destruction of the NHS.

And no CT, it's not inevitable or even economically desirable. This is happening for purely ideological reasons and because the Tories alone are in bed with the US healthcare providers they want to draft in. Considering the absolute shambolic state of the US system, how can even you think this is a good idea?

One of the best things about the UK. Germans are gobsmakced when I tell them how it works (most paying 300-400 month for healthcare).

I didn't say it was a good idea and I wouldn't have a clue with the overall financial considerations.

The point I'm making is that privatisation of health care had been creeping in for years and will continue to do so under Labour or Conservative.

What you are doing here by stating the appointment of hunt = privatisation of the NHS is classic scaremongering. :lol:

Eh? The newly appointed health secretary has stated he doesn't believe in a national health service. He said it, not me. How am I scaremongering?

Oh, btw, healthcare in this country is still overwhelmingly in the public domain at present, so don't pretend this is something small that would have happened anyway.

Eh? The newly appointed health secretary has stated he doesn't believe in a national health service. He said it, not me. How am I scaremongering?

Oh, btw, healthcare in this country is still overwhelmingly in the public domain at present, so don't pretend this is something small that would have happened anyway.

Any direct quotes him saying he wants to get rid of the full NHS?

Probably like all MP's they know we can't simply keep financing an ever growing NHS and other ways need to be looked at and explored.

Not much different than under Labour.

The bottom line however you would have to be stark raving mad to think the appointment of Hunt to a coalition government that is winding down, is going to signal the end of the NHS .

If you read the book he coauthored, which is linked to in my link, it is clear he wants us to move to an insurance system to pay for a privately operated health care system. Gone will be the NHS doctors and nurses your used to now. You'll probably pay less tax, but experience has shown that you will pay much more insurance. Furthermore, the motives for healthcare will be driven by profit. God help you if you can't afford the insurance as well.

This pretty much sounds like the end of the NHS to me and as its what the incumbent health secretary explicitly believes in I don't follow your flippant lack of interest or concern.

If you read the book he coauthored, which is linked to in my link, it is clear he wants us to move to an insurance system to pay for a privately operated health care system. Gone will be the NHS doctors and nurses your used to now. You'll probably pay less tax, but experience has shown that you will pay much more insurance. Furthermore, the motives for healthcare will be driven by profit. God help you if you can't afford the insurance as well.

This pretty much sounds like the end of the NHS to me and as its what the incumbent health secretary explicitly believes in I don't follow your flippant lack of interest or concern.

Ive read it, have you ;)

Also your sole argument nowadays seems to be 'labour would have done the same'. Which contradicts your Tory fanaticism somewhat.

Wrong tense. Labour did do the same. Labour were the first government to allow a private company to take over an NHS hospital.

All Im saying is wake up and smell the coffee. Its going to happen more and more whichever colour occupies number 10.

Relevant sections, yes. Only 106 pages.

Besides denationalisation of the NHS, he's a bizarre choice. Links with Murdoch, homeopathic woo merchant, and a proven liar and thief of public money. Grayling is another strange choice. Wtf is going on? Does Cameron WANT to lose the next election?

Wrong tense. Labour did do the same. Labour were the first government to allow a private company to take over an NHS hospital.

All Im saying is wake up and smell the coffee. Its going to happen more and more whichever colour occupies number 10.

Can you provide a link to support your second sentence? Curious as to what you mean.