Politics

Christmas Tree

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

No point in Therese hiding the Nazi gestures now.

Tipped to become the Health Secretary. She looks like a magnificent advert for good health. How the fuck is she only 50?!

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I mean when you're being appointed Prime Minister I can understand the use of a private jet to fly to Scotland. And I can also understand them flying separately for security/safety purposes.

I understand the reasons why they'll have done it, I'm highlighting the hypocrisy in relation to their carbon neutral agenda. 

Pomp and ceremony taking precedence at whatever cost again when in all honesty, it could have been done via Zoom 

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

She’s doing as she’s told… “don’t touch the profits of BP or Shell, we’ve had them on the phone and we don’t want it to be awks with the board members at the autumn ball’ 

Another massive transfer of public money into private hands. This is neo liberalism in action.  This is it to a tee. I don’t have kids but I feel sorry for all yours. Unless one of them can lead a movement to tear the world to bits and start again. Which, having intetracted with some of you for over a decade, seems unlikely  :cuppa:

It's exactly what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

She’s doing as she’s told… “don’t touch the profits of BP or Shell, we’ve had them on the phone and we don’t want it to be awks with the board members at the autumn ball’ 

Another massive transfer of public money into private hands. This is neo liberalism in action.  This is it to a tee. I don’t have kids but I feel sorry for all yours. Unless one of them can lead a movement to tear the world to bits and start again. Which, having intetracted with some of you for over a decade, seems unlikely  :cuppa:

This isn't neoliberalism, a term I dislike anyway  because it means different things to different people. But it's not neoliberalism by any reasonable definition. It's pure corruption. There is market failure in the energy sector and criminals are profiting from it. Similar to Russia circa 1990. Its the Russian way, funny that.

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sugar Daddy opportunity for you there, MF. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Just about to post that! 

"I always wanted to be a sugar daddy, but this?"

kill me now barney stinson GIF

I don’t think her diabetes could take my sugar. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

This isn't neoliberalism, a term I dislike anyway  because it means different things to different people. But it's not neoliberalism by any reasonable definition. It's pure corruption. There is market failure in the energy sector and criminals are profiting from it. Similar to Russia circa 1990. Its the Russian way, funny that.

I think neoliberalism and corruption may be synonyms. PL's understanding is exactly how I have it pinned. The only variant I've ever come across is a misinformed right wing one that equates it with "liberals" in the American sense. It is not that, and that false definition gives the real thing cover.

Don't make me link that Monbiot article at you again ;) 

Just now, Gemmill said:

I dunno, those look like cow milking arms to me. You could be missing a trick here. 

I don’t think those arms have done a day’s work in their life, other lifting her titbags to wipe away the sweat. 

• Haha 2
  • Jaysus... 1

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Pom

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Monbiot doesn't have a monopoly on definitions. Neoliberalism was once synonymous with Blair's third way, a market economy with state influence. This is pure corruption.

Meanwhile.

What do you thin PFI, much blessed of New Labour, was all about?

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Pom

What do you thin PFI, much blessed of New Labour, was all about?

Well exactly. PPI greatly improved services, at a cost. Its negatives are exaggerated and its positives underplayed imo. Hardly comparable to what's happening today with the energy cartel.

• Like 1