Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Makes me feel sick knowing these cunts represent us internationally. 

I'm well versed in the reason Starmer won't face this insanity head on, but the latest polling shows people are now ovewrwhelmingly in favour of rejoining the EU and FoM. Yet somehow these cunts still think its a positive to campaign on, boasting about cutting our freedoms. I honestly struggle to understand it. 

Not exactly "overwhelmingly".....its only 57/43%

3 minutes ago, Rosco said:

More than enough though.

I think it will continue to be a long game with Brexit though and even with my staunch opinions I'm ok with that as long as we're moving towards rejoining. People need time to understand that they really did vote to make us weaker, insignificant and poorer. Starmer's approach is to pretend that's not happening so that he can win in the short term, but the media is now starting to talk about it more honestly and that in turn will make it more possible for Labour to do so.

As that happens, that 57% will become 60, then 65% etc. Once it reaches that kind of level, we can likely persuade the EU to forgive us.

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

The only thing the Tories ever manage to grow is inequality. For all that people went off on Corbyn for being ideological (rightly) the Tories are actually far more consistently ideological in their crazed pursuit of austerity. There is no economic justification for it at a time when we need growth. They won't run out of money, they can afford to raises taxes on corporations, but because that would mean that everything they stand for is shown up to be the nonsense that it is, we have to watch them double down on destroying what's left of this once proud nation.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

More than enough though.

I think it will continue to be a long game with Brexit though and even with my staunch opinions I'm ok with that as long as we're moving towards rejoining. People need time to understand that they really did vote to make us weaker, insignificant and poorer. Starmer's approach is to pretend that's not happening so that he can win in the short term, but the media is now starting to talk about it more honestly and that in turn will make it more possible for Labour to do so.

As that happens, that 57% will become 60, then 65% etc. Once it reaches that kind of level, we can likely persuade the EU to forgive us.

The trouble is that is doesn't show the undecided not every person asked will have answered yes or no

Just the same as the original vote in 2016 so this 57/43% split

https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

Just now, Rosco said:

The trouble is that is doesn't show the undecided not every person asked will have answered yes or no

Just the same as the original vote in 2016 so this 57/43% split

https://ig.ft.com/sites/brexit-polling/

We just have to hope that the need becomes clear. The tables are turning in the media at least, you can see it even at staunch Brexit cheerleaders like the Telegraph and the BBC.

Doubt we’ll get back in for the foreseeable (even assuming they’d let us). I think a return to the SM and the CU is inevitable though. It’s a relatively quick fix for the utterly disastrous economic mess the Tories have created.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rosco said:

Not the poll I saw. Although that is still quite a big difference anyway. Given your views on immigration, am I right to assume you voted for Brexit? How do you think it's going? Because I would definitely say people overwhelmingly think it has been negative. Would you agree? Great site this, have a play around.

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/

image.thumb.png.e22f3d2d1e30c9b85000450c3f1dd9f4.png

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Rayvin, you're talking to a Brexiter.

He’ll be happy the issues of controlling our borders has been solved at least 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Doubt we’ll get back in for the foreseeable (even assuming they’d let us). I think a return to the SM and the CU is inevitable though. It’s a relatively quick fix for the utterly disastrous economic mess the Tories have created.  

COmes with de facto FoM. Which would also help us economically of course but would be a suicide note for the tories (who admittedly are already in their death throws imo). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Fuck business 

I'm actually shocked by those predictions, and the BoE errs on optimism. The tories have really fucked things up beyond my worst nightmares. And its just us, whatever lies they peddle.

image.png.ec41efe061e6883b1c9ff4c22928fa22.png

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's just more red meat for the mongs. They haven't sent a single person to Rwanda. Add as many countries as you like and multiply them by zero people deported too. 

They're flailing. 

They've spent 170 million on Rwanda. That's... checks notes.... an infinite amount of money per person deported. :lol:

1 minute ago, Rosco said:

What makes you think I voted for Brexit😕

Truth be told mate, it doesn't particularly matter to me whether you did or not. Plenty of people I care about did too. What matters to me at this point is people burying their heads in the sand and refusing to see reality - which I've not seen from you yet, so don't take that comment the wrong way.

In direct response, the biggest venn diagram overlap between those who voted for Brexit and any other political issue is immigration (closely followed by the reinstatement of the death penalty, interestingly). Given your views on immigration as expressed so far, it seems a logical inference. It's either that or you want to bring back hanging I'm afraid - I don't make the rules :cuppa: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Rosco said:

What makes you think I voted for Brexit😕

Your stance on immigration and scepticism on the anti-Brexit sentiument are giveaways. I mean if you have a Venn fdiagram some people might be in the immigration is the number one priority and didn't vote for brexit intersection, but not many. 

• Like 1