Politics

Christmas Tree

3 minutes ago, Rosco said:

What makes you think I voted for Brexit😕

Your stance on immigration and scepticism on the anti-Brexit sentiument are giveaways. I mean if you have a Venn fdiagram some people might be in the immigration is the number one priority and didn't vote for brexit intersection, but not many. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Truth be told mate, it doesn't particularly matter to me whether you did or not. Plenty of people I care about did too. What matters to me at this point is people burying their heads in the sand and refusing to see reality - which I've not seen from you yet, so don't take that comment the wrong way.

In direct response, the biggest venn diagram overlap between those who voted for Brexit and any other political issue is immigration (closely followed by the reinstatement of the death penalty, interestingly). Given your views on immigration as expressed so far, it seems a logical inference. It's either that or you want to bring back hanging I'm afraid - I don't make the rules :cuppa: 

Damn, got to the Venn diagram before me. You are one fast typer. Or typist. Whatever!

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 1

Good for him. And confirming they will bring this up every week from now on, truly pathetic. 

I haven't read the manifesto, does it say NATO should be dismantled? If not, has Mordaunt just lied in th ehouse of commons?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Good for him. And confirming they will bring this up every week from now on, truly pathetic. 

I haven't read the manifesto, does it say NATO should be dismantled? If not, has Mordaunt just lied in th ehouse of commons?

Okay, so according to Mordaunt, this means dismantling NATO:

We will maintain our commitment to Nato and our close relationship with our European partners, and we will use our influence at the United Nations to support peace and security worldwide.

This country simply can't function with the incesant lies from the government. I thought Sunak and Mordaunt might be a bit more honest but no, they're lying cunts like Johnson. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, trophyshy said:

I'd suck one off tbh

WOuld you suck off Hatt Mancock though?

Is 400k worth the waking up in the middle night in a cold sweat screaming for the rest of your life?

Maybe.

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

WOuld you suck off Hatt Mancock though?

Is 400k worth the waking up in the middle night in a cold sweat screaming for the rest of your life?

Maybe.

He could suck me off for half a million.  Not a penny less.  

• Haha 2

Best case scenario here (red line), we'll still not be back to where we were in 2020 by the end of 2025 in terms of GDP. Quite staggering really. I think in real terms, people will be worse of then than they were 15 (fucking FIFTEEN!) years earlier under Labour. And the predictions after 2025 are also dire. 

Honestly you've got to pray this us the end of this shithouse party once and for all. And if now is not the time to tackle our failing constitution I don't know when is. I'm looking at you, Starmer, you coward. 

Screenshot_20221103_182241.thumb.jpg.d884edcfbd0be44a4cb316fc54908800.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

Fully agree - this has to be the end of them for good, we can't risk any more of this incompetence. They've disaster capitalist'd the country to the brink of oblivion.

I'm prepared to give Starmer the benefit of the doubt on whatever it takes to win him power, if he locks them out for good. The thing is though, I feel like there'd need to be an actual conversation around how much damage they've done, and I'm not sure anyone is prepared to talk about it yet.

At this point it's not even about whether you're left or right wing - it's about whether you appreciate that running a country requires a serious attitude, intelligence, experience, and competence, or whether running a country is a game to be played by born to rule rich fucks who substitute all of the above with a posh accent and a tendency to spout off in Latin.

Eton must be a fucking shit school btw if this is the calibre of moron it's pumping out. See also Oxbridge's PPE course.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Fully agree - this has to be the end of them for good, we can't risk any more of this incompetence. They've disaster capitalist'd the country to the brink of oblivion.

I'm prepared to give Starmer the benefit of the doubt on whatever it takes to win him power, if he locks them out for good. The thing is though, I feel like there'd need to be an actual conversation around how much damage they've done, and I'm not sure anyone is prepared to talk about it yet.

At this point it's not even about whether you're left or right wing - it's about whether you appreciate that running a country requires a serious attitude, intelligence, experience, and competence, or whether running a country is a game to be played by born to rule rich fucks who substitute all of the above with a posh accent and a tendency to spout off in Latin.

Eton must be a fucking shit school btw if this is the calibre of moron it's pumping out. See also Oxbridge's PPE course.

People voted for Johnson because he drove a little tractor or whatever the fuck it was through a pretend wall btw. Maybe this is what we needed. If the country doesn’t come to its collective senses now we might as well give up 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

People voted for Johnson because he drove a little tractor or whatever the fuck it was through a pretend wall btw. Maybe this is what we needed. If the country doesn’t come to its collective senses now we might as well give up 

Tbf to them, that's a really compelling argument. "The economic consequences of cutting ourselves off from our largest trading partner could harm GDP by up to 5% in the short to medium term and make us a poorer country" is a much less robust argument, from an intellectual standpoint, than "HA HA Fake Wall Go BOOM"

• Like 2

When I think about democracy I sometimes think of Brave New World by Huxley.  I never got round to reading the book but saw an adaptation of it on the telly once, probably early 80s. When you give the Deltas and Epsilons the vote, they're going to be impressed with Johnson bull dosing a Get Brexit Done wall. 

In the adaptation I saw,  Deltas were always really happy, reminds me of someone on here. 

:CT:

Personally though being an alpha is more a curse than a blessing. ;)

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

Braverman could build a wall out of immigrants waving EU flags and driving a tractor through them. That would appeal to a lot of voters.

52 minutes ago, Renton said:

When I think about democracy I sometimes think of Brave New World by Huxley.  I never got round to reading the book but saw an adaptation of it on the telly once, probably early 80s. When you give the Deltas and Epsilons the vote, they're going to be impressed with Johnson bull dosing a Get Brexit Done wall. 

In the adaptation I saw,  Deltas were always really happy, reminds me of someone on here. 

:CT:

Personally though being an alpha is more a curse than a blessing. ;)

Alphas read the book 👍🏻 ;) 

• Haha 4