Politics

Christmas Tree

Tories being cunts again. Got this through, despite the branding its from the Tories (who have spent a fortune on leaflet drops these local elections). 

So like Rochdale, a prospective Muslim Labour councillor has been suspended for saying something mildly offensive about Israel on social media. They then send this out with the non sequitur that that means you shouldn't vote Labour because that would mean you support this individual? Eh, you what? :lol:

But they don't give his name so I had to Google it. He's not even a candidate in our ward. Honestly don't know how this is legal. 

Screenshot_20240430_203057_Photos.thumb.jpg.3369c858654aa69972b6777ef25eb23d.jpg

• Jaysus... 1

21 minutes ago, Renton said:

Tories being cunts again. Got this through, despite the branding its from the Tories (who have spent a fortune on leaflet drops these local elections). 

So like Rochdale, a prospective Muslim Labour councillor has been suspended for saying something mildly offensive about Israel on social media. They then send this out with the non sequitur that that means you shouldn't vote Labour because that would mean you support this individual? Eh, you what? :lol:

But they don't give his name so I had to Google it. He's not even a candidate in our ward. Honestly don't know how this is legal. 

Screenshot_20240430_203057_Photos.thumb.jpg.3369c858654aa69972b6777ef25eb23d.jpg

Report it to the police as potentially election fraud?

• Like 3

Tempting but the individual involved isn't a working class lass with ginger hair so I doubt the police would be interested. 

Seee that text on the top right in the tiny font? That gives his name and the address of the Conservative office in North Shields, still doesn't say he's a tory councillor himself, but it's enough for this to be legal apparently. They regularly do shit like this, pretending to be greens with targeted leaflet drops etc, but this is the worst so far. 

• Jaysus... 1

13 minutes ago, Renton said:

Tempting but the individual involved isn't a working class lass with ginger hair so I doubt the police would be interested. 

Seee that text on the top right in the tiny font? That gives his name and the address of the Conservative office in North Shields, still doesn't say he's a tory councillor himself, but it's enough for this to be legal apparently. They regularly do shit like this, pretending to be greens with targeted leaflet drops etc, but this is the worst so far. 

It absolutely should be illegal or someone needs to visit the councillor for some kind of explanation. Needs doorstepping by a good journalist at least.

• Like 1

White chef's jacket on, Renton, and get down there. 

"Come on then big boy, what the fuck do you call this? Sticking your fucking fake leaflets through the door of my restrunt. Wait til I tell Fred and Gino, you won't be able to get a table at your local greasy spoon, you cunt!" 

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

I got the candidate literature through for the combined authorities mayoral election. They each get the chance to submit a statement of what they’re about, policies etc. The Reform Party candidate didn’t even bother doing one. :lol: 
I’ve also noticed none of the Tory stuff I’ve seen ahead of the local elections has any party branding on whatsoever. Why would you even bother standing for a party whilst acknowledging the association with them is poison to most voters? 

Edited by Alex

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

I got the candidate literature through for the combined authorities mayoral election. They each get the chance to submit a statement of what they’re about, policies etc. The Reform Party candidate didn’t even bother doing one. :lol: 
I’ve also noticed none of the Tory stuff I’ve seen ahead of the local elections has any party branding on whatsoever. Why would you even bother standing for a party whilst acknowledging the association with them is poison to most voters? 

Aye the tory one mentioned the word Conservative once. No logo on the page. Just a blue background. 

Just came across this, we know some of his failings but you'd have him over the likes of JRM, Johnson, Truss etc talking to foreign power any day and every day. 

How enough influential people with knowledge couldn't batter down the MSM and the RW rags around 2016 with a bit of bluntness and facts is our big loss. UK was massively let down and there's people in govt who knew it would be a shit sarnie who should be in front of a judge. The least said about the likes of Farage the better. They should be in the fucking tower.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

who the fuck is Demetri Mitchell?

Someone who 'tells it like it is'.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Just came across this, we know some of his failings but you'd have him over the likes of JRM, Johnson, Truss etc talking to foreign power any day and every day. 

How enough influential people with knowledge couldn't batter down the MSM and the RW rags around 2016 with a bit of bluntness and facts is our big loss. UK was massively let down and there's people in govt who knew it would be a shit sarnie who should be in front of a judge. The least said about the likes of Farage the better. They should be in the fucking tower.

I'd have Blair back as PM in a heartbeat. 

The government that we currently have are such fundamentally unserious people. If you look at the degradation in public services and towns, and the roads, etc. That's all surface stuff that we can see that this lot have neglected over the past 14 years, and we see it cos it's in our faces affecting 9ur lives every day. 

But think of all the unseen stuff. National security, for example. The same neglect will have been brought to bear there, but it's just not visible to us. This will be repeated everywhere in the "what makes up a country, and what a government should be doing". We've got idiots in charge, and there'll be neglect and degradation across the board that we can't even see, but that will have consequences one day. 

But you know, get your fucking tweet out about the flag on the back of the England shirt, cos that's what being a member of govt is about to this lot. 

Blair is so far ahead of this lot, they're not even the same species. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

We've got idiots in charge, and there'll be neglect and degradation across the board that we can't even see, but that will have consequences one day. 

The lack of stockpiled PPE being a prime example of this.

• Like 5

The whole Rwanda thing is the same as Brexit was a few years ago, in the sense that it's an issue that has taken up all the oxygen. It's all anyone talks about, and it's all that fucking idiot PM is focused on. Meanwhile there'll be stuff that is being neglected that he doesn't even know he's neglecting, cos he's somehow become PM within 10 years of becoming an MP, and his time as an MP was spent doing the morning round defending Johnson's latest insanity. 

I think Starmer is a genuine serious bloke that will do a job far better than anything we've had in the last 14 years, but I worry that Labour are just gonna get blamed for all of this stuff that I'm talking about. That's just stored up waiting for them. 

• Like 7

Gemmill, I don't say this often, and I certainly don't like saying it, but you are absolutely spot on here. 

• Haha 4

Starmer and Labour are 100% going to get blamed for stuff.  But I think it will be off cunts like the Mail and The Sun.  I think people are wising up to stuff.

Well, I hope they are.

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Gemmill, I don't say this often, and I certainly don't like saying it, but you are absolutely spot on here. 

:lol:

Once you've done it once or twice, you'll get used to it, and you'll find it's most of what you post on here. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Renton said:

Still not as good as this one:

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Dear me. 

Look, he’s a highly intelligent, well-informed chap. If you don’t believe me, watch this:

• Haha 3