Politics

Christmas Tree

He's going late anyway, so I'm fully in favour of life just getting worse for the bloke and the pressure increasing on him to just give it up. 

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Unfortunately the negatives of these polls are, with polling this bad, they can't get worse for the cunts and I fear it will push Sunak into an election as late as possible, even January 2025. 

I dunno, a winter cold snap could see them down another ten points.

23 hours ago, ewerk said:

Natalie fucking Elphicke? She’s a right wing cunt. I can’t see how anyone in Labour thought it a good idea to let her in.

🙂 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

Zahawi is the latest to flee the sinking ship. Looks like self-awareness isn't a great strength of his.

👍 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Renton said:

Unfortunately the negatives of these polls are, with polling this bad, they can't get worse for the cunts and I fear it will push Sunak into an election as late as possible, even January 2025. 

That would look terrible though. If they care. Got to be moving into leadership challenge territory if the polling remains like that too you’d think 

It's hard not to agree with Abbot here unfortunately. I don't think Labour should have admitted Elphicke, I was quite unaware of her bizarre comments re: her husband, the rapist. And Dianne Abbot needs to be taken in from the cold, Labour need people like her. 

• Like 3

Yeah. It’s seeming more and more of a pyrrhic victory this one 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's hard not to agree with Abbot here unfortunately. I don't think Labour should have admitted Elphicke, I was quite unaware of her bizarre comments re: her husband, the rapist. And Dianne Abbot needs to be taken in from the cold, Labour need people like her. 

Maybe if she stopped attacking her own party and its leader she might have a route back.

The current version of Tories is the cuntiest of cunty the cunts have ever been,  a bit of cuntyness being employed to destroy them is fine by me. I want the cunts vaporised. 

She's just put out a statement apologising for her wild comments about her husband and his victims. Not that that makes it OK or means that's not how she thinks, she's clearly a thick and unpleasant person. 

It's definitely backfiring a bit at the minute, but I think there'll be at least one more defection and, assuming it's not Gullis or something, the personalities involved will soon be forgotten and by the time the election rolls around, it'll just be remembered as Tories losing faith in their own party.

It's also designed to ramp up the pressure on Sunak to name a date. If there's a continued drip of people crossing the aisle with parting shots, it looks pretty bad on him. 

I see zero evidence it’s backfiring tbh, all I see  are the Corbynistas getting their knickers even more twisted (a reality defying thing in itself).

She’s history come next election.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Maybe if she stopped attacking her own party and its leader she might have a route back.

The current version of Tories is the cuntiest of cunty the cunts have ever been,  a bit of cuntyness being employed to destroy them is fine by me. I want the cunts vaporised. 

How does she attack her own party, having been stripped of membership? Honestly, I've not heard her say much wrong anfd that includes the original letter to the Guardian which got her banned, which I think people have went out their way to misinterpret. 

I think Starmer has got most things right. This isn't one of them. Ultimately it probably doesn't matter too much but he needs to stop trying to win over the far right here. Let Reform do his dirty work on that front. 

• Like 1

He's like what Galadriel would be like if she had worn the ring of power.

Amirite fellow D&D geeks?

Happy Soul Men GIF by Laff

• Haha 1

Abbott’s main problem is she’s considered a moron. Completely unfairly  and mainly due to sexism/racism/being held to different standards. But she’s toxic as far as huge swathes of the public are concerned. Plus the association with the Corbyn years. Labour / Starmer should be better than that. I wish they were and I don’t want to excuse everything they do. I’ve said before they have an opportunity to be braver. But they’re navigating a political landscape which the Tories and their right wing allies in the press have dragged into the sewer 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Abbott’s main problem is she’s considered a moron. Completely unfairly  and mainly due to sexism/racism/being held to different standards. But she’s toxic as far as huge swathes of the public are concerned. Plus the association with the Corbyn years. Labour / Starmer should be better than that. I wish they were and I don’t want to excuse everything they do. I’ve said before they have an opportunity to be braver. But they’re navigating a political landscape which the Tories and their right wing allies in the press have dragged into the sewer 

But this has led to a situation where they have Elphicke in the party and not Abbot. I don't see how that is a good look (or remotely fair) from any angle. It does feel though like they are trying to win over the Daily Mail crowd re: Abbot. I don't think any other section of the public is arsed either way. Is this a demographic they canreasonably persuade or need to get onboard anyway? I'm not a political strategist, but my instinct is it does more harm than good (unlike the Brexit stance), but maybe makes little difference either way. From a personal point of view if I were Starmer though, I couldn't do that photoshoot.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

But this has led to a situation where they have Elphicke in the party and not Abbot. I don't see how that is a good look (or remotely fair) from any angle. It does feel though like they are trying to win over the Daily Mail crowd re: Abbot. I don't think any other section of the public is arsed either way. Is this a demographic they canreasonably persuade or need to get onboard anyway? I'm not a political strategist, but my instinct is it does more harm than good (unlike the Brexit stance), but maybe makes little difference either way. From a personal point of view if I were Starmer though, I couldn't do that photoshoot.  

Well the thing about the really disaffected Tory voters is that (so long as they’re still alive) they’ll go back to the Tories anyway. If Labour get the economy back on track, improve public services etc. they’ll forget being angry with the previous Tory government and revert to “I’m alright, Jack”. If Labour don’t deliver they’ll also not vote for them. It might be worth it to annihilate the conservatives for good, but they will be back in one form or another so long as fptp remains. Like you, i don’t think they gain anything here. Hence my pyrrhic victory comment. What the fuck do I know though? Also agree with Toonpack that’s it’s not that big a deal either way 

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That's a heck of a spin.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Well the thing about the really disaffected Tory voters is that (so long as they’re still alive) they’ll go back to the Tories anyway. If Labour get the economy back on track, improve public services etc. they’ll forget being angry with the previous Tory government and revert to “I’m alright, Jack”. If Labour don’t deliver they’ll also not vote for them. It might be worth it to annihilate the conservatives for good, but they will be back in one form or another so long as fptp remains. Like you, i don’t think they gain anything here. Hence my pyrrhic victory comment. What the fuck do I know though? Also agree with Toonpack that’s it’s not that big a deal either way 

Aye, agreed. They are already thinking of the next GE at this stage. They needn't worry. Wherever the cards fall, I can only see what's left of the Tories going for a loony like Mordaunt if she survives (don't think she will personally) , or a turbo loony like Braverman or even Truss. They're unelectable. If they can even turn it round over the course of a decade and get a new Cameron is debatable. I think they are in a much worse place than 97.

Just watched the first episode of The thick of it as I missed it first time round. I appreciate politics jumped the shark a long time ago, but it makes it even funnier