Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The membership will hopefully do the right thing and we can wrestle power back from the head bangers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of which I was reading the twitter thread where Long-Bailey announced her website and there were loads who weren't even going to vote for her as she accepted that BOD document - now that's a spectacular level of purity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my Labour membership card yesterday. Secret password arrived in a separate envelope today. Can't believe they've gone with jewssmellpassiton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NJS said:

Speaking of which I was reading the twitter thread where Long-Bailey announced her website and there were loads who weren't even going to vote for her as she accepted that BOD document - now that's a spectacular level of purity. 

I just had a read of that and it's fucking insane. The Labour Party has been invaded by those who seem intent on using it as a protest group rather than an organisation in a position to actually improve people's lives. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Actually starting to pay attention to Lisa Nandy a bit, at least now that she's saying the same things I am :lol: 

 

EDIT - the rest of you should take that as a cue to write her off btw ;)

Edited by Rayvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

Actually starting to pay attention to Lisa Nandy a bit, at least now that she's saying the same things I am :lol: 

 

EDIT - the rest of you should take that as a cue to write her off btw ;)

 

Who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah they're waking up to Nandy now. I'm at the front of the Nandy bus, talking to the driver. We're mates. You just get your ticket and see if you can still find a seat. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Ah they're waking up to Nandy now. I'm at the front of the Nandy bus, talking to the driver. We're mates. You just get your ticket and see if you can still find a seat. 


In fact, 3 years late to the party ;)

 

 

B8C5CA5F-F1A1-4B05-88E0-83D850CF0B3F.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

We have to hope it’s dawned on them that you can’t create a socialist utopia without first winning power. 

The ideological “purists” are killing the party 

Image result for agamemnon gif

B)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So RLB is looking likely to win. The tories must be pissing themselves, guaranteed 10 years now no matter how fucked the country ends up. The trajectory of this country is now firmly heading in the direction of the USA and it will be irreversible in our life times. 

 

Let's be clear, the people who enabled Corbyn, whether their intentions were good or not, are just as much to blame for the mess the country's in as CT is. Worse in fact, as they haven't learnt a fucking thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is she likely to win? The declared candidates aren't on the ballot just yet, if a couple of them fall then it narrows the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Is she likely to win? The declared candidates aren't on the ballot just yet, if a couple of them fall then it narrows the field.

 

Just quoting the Guardian's headline which reports the latest members poll. The fact she has any chance of winning is utterly astonishing. The Labour party is fucked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aaron bastani was tweeting it gleefully - she has 51% of the membership, according to a recent poll. 

you have until monday to join up and have your say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr Gloom said:

aaron bastani was tweeting it gleefully - she has 51% of the membership, according to a recent poll. 

you have until monday to join up and have your say

 

Fuck that. I'm finished with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

aaron bastani was tweeting it gleefully - she has 51% of the membership, according to a recent poll. 

you have until monday to join up and have your say

I think the deadline is today to vote as a registered supporter? (The £25 option). I'm in two minds whether to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Renton said:

 

Just quoting the Guardian's headline which reports the latest members poll. The fact she has any chance of winning is utterly astonishing. The Labour party is fucked.

I'd hope that some of the lower polling candidates will have the good grace to bow out before the ballots are printed.

I'm looking at you, Nandy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can't moan on here if you don't. 

i can only imagine loads of tories will be joining up to vote for RLB and keep labour out of power for another decade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×