Politics

Christmas Tree

...you're sure about that are you CT? And what does the replacement government do when it comes in? What manner of turmoil engulfs the country while we're in some bizarre limbo with the EU?

ewerk is depressingly right, if we get to the deadline with a shit deal, the only option is to get fucked over under WTO rules.

Edited by Rayvin

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

There would be a vote of confidence and the government would fall long before March 19

And a new government would get a cracking trade deal with no time to negotiate?

Just trying to get my head around this actually, can you imagine the absolute devastation that CT's scenario would cause :lol: No deal with the EU, no one knows what's happening, sterling through the floor again, no sitting government and weeks needed to pull one together, stocks plummeting. It's not quite planes dropping out of the skies, but fuck me, it's not far off...

I think this is CT's way of saying he wants a second referendum because he can see this is a fuck up of legendary proportions.

Welcome CT. You arrived later than most, but you got here in the end.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Just trying to get my head around this actually, can you imagine the absolute devastation that CT's scenario would cause :lol: No deal with the EU, no one knows what's happening, sterling through the floor again, no sitting government and weeks needed to pull one together, stocks plummeting. It's not quite planes dropping out of the skies, but fuck me, it's not far off...

Well all flights to Europe and the US would be cancelled under that scenario.

Just now, ewerk said:

They said in the last election they would continue with Brexit. They've said nothing to the contrary since then.

We all know they are just waiting / hoping. If there’s an election next year and they get in with a decent majority Brexit will be over.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

We all know they are just waiting / hoping. If there’s an election next year and they get in with a decent majority Brexit will be over.

There's absolutely nothing to support that supposition.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Labour aren't going to go Remain until the tide of public opinion changes CT. People like you need to come out, quite publicly, and state you were wrong.

The floor is yours.

:lol:

Its not a case of wrong or right, it’s a case of what’s deliverable. This is the whole point in May calling the election so she had the numbers to deliver Brexit.

Im still very happy for them to deliver the Brexit I wanted (free trade deals), but I’d rather have no Brexit if that can’t be achieved.