Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I think it's enough to make enough people think. There's a rump of morons / cunts / both who'll remain utterly unmoved and insist they're right and it's all lies etc.

Comments for the article under the Guardian, beyond depressingly, include:

2008 Britain was living way beyond its means. Reality is Britain is poorer in the world than what we were led to believe.

Britain needs to start winning again in Global Markets.

---

Yawn more then a year on and you lot still are sad, bitter and twisted. Next we won't be able to enter the Eurovision song contest. Keep up you vile rants accusing over 15 million people of being racists you traitorous turd.

---

By the way you might not want one I do I am fed up of paying for rubbish I do not use !! likw overseas aid et al

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

Utterly predictable, we've lost our right to host European Capital of Culture which we were due in 2023. This utterly transformed Liverpool last time when Newcastle narrowly lost out.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42097692

Thanks CT. 

Cheer up man, we’re getting new metros.

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cheer up man, we’re getting new metros.

True, only 15 years late like. Hope something positive can be done to help all the homeless who live in metro stations now as well.

Are they planning to extend it to the West End or is it just refurbing?

EDIT - it's a refurb. Nice, but I would rather the transport links were expanded. Would be better for the whole city.

Edited by Rayvin

You need the new rolling stock otherwise extending it would be pointless but I agree and also think it should go to places like Cramlington and other parts of North Tyneside. It's good (although a bit ropey at times, which this should hopefully sort out) if you happen to be lucky enough to live near a station but there's far too many places not sevred by it imo.

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

True, only 15 years late like. Hope something positive can be done to help all the homeless who live in metro stations now as well.

Well it was announced yesterday that they would reduce it by 50% in this parliament and completely within 10 years. 

17 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well it was announced yesterday that they would reduce it by 50% in this parliament and completely within 10 years. 

Just like the deficit then.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:icon_lol:

There are apparently 900 homeless people in Singapore btw. At least it's warm there I suppose. 

Edited by Renton

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

We'll lead the way in VERTICAL FARMS and become completely self-sufficient. We won't have the money for a robot workforce so we'll all toil in these new agricultural silos for minimum wage BUT, you'll get to take home as many chickpeas as you can carry.

I like chickpeas! :boogie: And all those third-worlders we bring in to replace the Polish should ensure a steady supply of spices so they might even taste of something. Now that's what I call taking back control... of the kitchen :good:

21 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I like chickpeas! :boogie: And all those third-worlders we bring in to replace the Polish should ensure a steady supply of spices so they might even taste of something. Now that's what I call taking back control... of the kitchen :good:

I hope these brand new metros stop at FLAVOUR TOWN. Population: Us

'Sure there's a bit of homelessness and childhood poverty being on the rise, you can't crack a recession without breaking an egg after all, but when some kind of cracking deal gets done and the willies hang limp at the brexit talks, then you'll see these record number of jobs combined with new global business outside of Europe and also with Europe, they won't want to lose us, and everyone will just calm down and get on with things as normal, business as usual, same old tories, sorting out labour's mess.'

• Like 5

So, if current trends are continued regarding productivity (admittedly quite an assumption), national debt will be back to 2008 levels by 2060!

I'll very likely be dead by then. Well done CT and the Tories. 

Edited by Renton

It's a long time ago now, but remember immediately after the crash, Brown had the economy growing well in all sectors before Osbourne choked recovery with austerity. It took until around 2014 until we got another bounce, but that mysteriously went flat half way through 2016 for some unknown reason. 

The scary thing is the OBR forecast has not factored in the effects of a hard Brexit, which may hit us for up to 10% of our GDP. It may well be their forecast is extremely optimistic. Time to start stocking up on tinned beans tbh. 

I'm planning to leave the country by next summer. Have thought about it long enough now and have set everything in motion. Brexit may be a great success but I don't think I'm going to risk finding out first hand.