Politics

Christmas Tree

55 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

when questioned on the Labour parties actions he could never give a straight answer.

You've just described Corbyn. :icon_lol:

Like I said, he's an odd target of your anger imo, but each to their own.

Ok let's be honest about it, Change UK was a Blairite splinter movement that has been knocked on its arse. That's your old school centreground beaten before it even got started.

I have reluctantly come around to believing that the solutions to our problems lie in the centre, but it is transparently obvious that it can't be the same centre that brought us here.

The Lib Dems would be dead as doornails as well if not for the Remain surge. The window for the centre to come up with something credible is fast collapsing.

Ewerk is right that while any of them support Remain, they're the only people to vote for. But one day soon that matter is going to be settled, and I see nothing whatsoever to indicate that the centre is about to rally and come to the fore to sort the country out.

What a mess.

I don't know enough about Umunna to say if he's a cunt or not, but he's clearly strategically inept at a minimum.

Umunna was happy to stand on the 2017 manifesto but recently admitted he didn't believe in any of it. 

MPs like Bridget are anti-Corbyn and probably more centrist than I would like but I don't believe for one minute they reject decent left wing policies out of hand. 

26 minutes ago, NJS said:

Umunna was happy to stand on the 2017 manifesto but recently admitted he didn't believe in any of it. 

When was this? I heard him interviewed and he said Brexit was the only thing he disagreed with.

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Ewerk is right that while any of them support Remain, they're the only people to vote for. But one day soon that matter is going to be settled

You reckon?

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

You reckon?

I do, sadly. I think by October we'll either crash out or we will know for certain that we're having another vote. 

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

In this thread a Conservative MP pretty much nails what it means to be a Tory.

Not all of that is crazy. And moreover, while i would oppose a lot of it, at least they'd be being honest and transparent about conservatism.

23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Not all of that is crazy. And moreover, while i would oppose a lot of it, at least they'd be being honest and transparent about conservatism.

i don't think his approach is any less cuntish than the current lot

I was thinking primarily of the house building but the vouchers to enable lower income households to attend private schools sounded interesting, not that I totally understand it or have a full appraisal of the implications.

Suggestions for decluttering the NHS sound ok. He didn't mention privatisation.

Scrapping HS2 sounds ok, not totally sold on Rentons vision.

Abandoning political correctness and virtue signalling at least means everyone is saying what they mean again, and this ship is sailing as we speak regardless.

Edited by Rayvin

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I do, sadly. I think by October we'll either crash out or we will know for certain that we're having another vote. 

there is no majority for any flavour of brexit. it's the never-ending story 

Im not talking from the viewpoint of things i would vote for personally, but what he is talking about is at least traditional Toryism. Not the weird masquerade we have these days because so many of the ideas are unpalatable. Better to have them take a principled stand for their values and be judged on those, than hiding behind all the usual bullshit.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I was thinking primarily of the house building but the vouchers to enable lower income households to attend private schools sounded interesting, not that I totally understand it or have a full appraisal of the implications.

Abandoning political correctness and virtue signalling at least means everyone is saying what they mean again, and this ship is sailing as we speak regardless.

Never go full Tory.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Im not talking from the viewpoint of things i would vote for personally, but what he is talking about is at least traditional Toryism. Not the weird masquerade we have these days because so many of the ideas are unpalatable. Better to have them take a principled stand for their values and be judged on those, than hiding behind all the usual bullshit.

he-tells-it-like-it-is-paul-not.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Jesus christ. I've gone off you a bit. 

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Why? What in there looks bad? 

Well, he said loads of stuff about immigration, defence spending etc you skipped on. But decluttering the NHS and scrapping HS2? Either meaningless soundbites or just popularism bullshit. Same with the PC comments. I'd expect you to be a bit more critical in your thinking. It's a horrendous "manifesto".