Flight MH370 / Flight MH17

trophyshy

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the lack of wreckage and transponder data. These planes are designed to float these days when they hit water and after 9/11 you can't turn your transponder off on newer planes.

I don't think the transponder was turned off, might be destroyed.

For the record I think the transponders are fine for something like 30 days (assuming they're not too damaged), any time after that they're liable to not work.

As for the floating wreckage, if the plain disintegrated in mid-air then bits will be scattered over a massive area of an ocean and are probably mostly underwater by now :unsure2:

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Planes are designed to float these days lol

Yeah that's right fuckhead. If it hits the water in one piece they are designed to float for half an hour or so...Huge airliners have pockets of air all over them, in the wings (fuel is lighter than water even), the cabin is a huge bubble of air and they are incredibly light these days. Much lighter than the water they have to displace to sink.

Edited by Park Life

Boeing 777 has history.

A flight attendant began praying and another dropped a tray of drinks while pilots fought the autopilot system, which was being corrupted by a software error.

An investigation by regulators determined the aircraft's "air data inertial reference unit" (ADIRU) - a device that sends data to the flight computer and autopilot - malfunctioned.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/past-boeing-777-autopilot-problems-raised/story-e6frg95x-1226849686432#

Edited by Park Life

Yeah that's right fuckhead. If it hits the water in one piece they are designed to float for half an hour or so...Huge airliners have pockets of air all over them, in the wings (fuel is lighter than water even), the cabin is a huge bubble of air and they are incredibly light these days. Much lighter than the water they have to displace to sink.

2 aviation experts on the radio this morning said they will break up on impact in the sea. But I suppose they could be wrong and you could be right.

2 aviation experts on the radio this morning said they will break up on impact in the sea. But I suppose they could be wrong and you could be right.

My mate is an engineer at Airbus. ;)

I can't believe in this day and age they can't find a plane.

Took them 2 years to find the bulk of the Air France one that went down.

Cruising at 6 miles up travelling a 8 miles a minute, could have come down in any direction, huge area to search. If it disintegrated most parts will have sunk and all that would float would likely be extremely small and could have spread hundreds of miles in the descent and in the currents/wind etc. once it hit.

Took them 2 years to find the bulk of the Air France one that went down.

Cruising at 6 miles up travelling a 8 miles a minute, could have come down in any direction, huge area to search. If it disintegrated most parts will have sunk and all that would float would likely be extremely small and could have spread hundreds of miles in the descent and in the currents/wind etc. once it hit.

True.

The Air France crash was mid Atlantic where there is no radar sight. This incident is remarkable in that an area with high surveillance, all evidence of the plane disappeared at 35k feet. If it exploded at that height that might explain total loss of communication but would suggest evidence would be strewn far and wide.

And you'd think there'd be some radar trace even in the event of an explosion - didn't the Lockerbie plane suddenly dissolve into multiple radar blips, for example?

iirc a payslip was found lodged in a tree.

Edited by Park Life