Newcastle United V Crystal Palace

Anorthernsoul

Was at the game yesterday (dont get to many these days). Overall I thought we were fairly static with few ideas. Bit of a scrappy game though thats what I expect playing a Pullis side. Cisse had a few good chances that he failed to put away, but I thought it was encouraging that he was at least getting in to position to try them and wasnt hiding. When HBA came on I honestly expected more from him. He wasnt making runs and overall looked fairly uninterested. That said, at the death I thought he had curled one in until the replay showed it was Cisse's header. Chuffed he bagged one and hope that starts an increase in his confidence. Not too impressed what I saw of de Jong and at this rate can expect to see him go after the season. Other than that, thought Colo had a canny game, Anita and Tiote.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad he got one eventually. It's a shame we were so wasteful in front of goal because we created enough chances and Palace under Pulis more often than not turn up for the point and they have a decent away record.

Some people I've spoke to reckon we should have been putting five past them because they're shite. I can only assume these people haven't watched much of them and in addition to them generally making it difficult for teams we were without Debuchy, Santon & Remy. Missing the former pair because means we have no width whatsoever in a so called 4-4-2 & without the latter we hadn't scored up until yesterday.

It's hard to break a team down when their only intention is to park the bus as Sunderland found last week.

I'm glad he got one eventually. It's a shame we were so wasteful in front of goal because we created enough chances and Palace under Pulis more often than not turn up for the point and they have a decent away record.

Some people I've spoke to reckon we should have been putting five past them because they're shite. I can only assume these people haven't watched much of them and in addition to them generally making it difficult for teams we were without Debuchy, Santon & Remy. Missing the former pair because means we have no width whatsoever in a so called 4-4-2 & without the latter we hadn't scored up until yesterday.

It's hard to break a team down when their only intention is to park the bus as Sunderland found last week.

Sissoko's natural tendency is to go inside and Gouffran was utterly useless on Saturday - he looked to be carrying a knock but either way he really didn't fancy it out wide. If we're relying on full-backs to provide our only width, we're in trouble, and I hope that's something that's addressed in the summer.