What are Alan Pardew's 10 worst decisions at NUFC?

Guest JakPwhatculture

Guest JakPwhatculture

@ Hahaha classic. Not remember when he shifted Shola back into centre midfield away at Norwich (when we lost 4-2 I think) and he knocked a killer ball through for Ba to score?

Not accepting the England job when CT offered it.

:lol:

Acquiescing to the owner on getting knocked out of the cups ASAP. I know he's the owner, but you're a football manager and it shouldn't be in your dna to throw games - he should have stood up for himself and made a compelling case for trying to win a cup, instead of bending over and splaying his cheeks.

Ignored some of my points. No wonder the silly lad is getting panned.

Someone else new wrote something on here and asked for feedback. I gave him some without taking the piss and he spat the dummy out big time. He took it poisenally and it was strictly business, not poisenal.

Thanks for the help on this article guys, really appreciated it. Can be found here if you want to read it: 10 Worst Decisions Alan Pardew Has Made As Newcastle Boss

Go easy on me, please!

Got about three pages in, before I gave it up. Nothing wrong with the idea behind the piece and the writing is fine, I just hate those buzzfeed lists. It's obviously just driven by ad-click revenue, but I honestly can't be arsed to read a 1 page piece spread over 10 pages.

Why not set up a wordpress blog? That way any ad space you sell goes in your pocket and, honestly, it'll give your thoughts more weight than if it's just a pictured list. You'd be able to find your own style of writing because you won't be constrained to bullet points and you'll find sites like this one more likely to promote it, as will "influential" people on twitter like @nufcthreatlevel and local journos; they wouldn't promote something like this as it stands.

Hope you don't take any of that personally, and good luck with future stuff.

Guest JakPwhatculture

Got about three pages in, before I gave it up. Nothing wrong with the idea behind the piece and the writing is fine, I just hate those buzzfeed lists. It's obviously just driven by ad-click revenue, but I honestly can't be arsed to read a 1 page piece spread over 10 pages.

Why not set up a wordpress blog? That way any ad space you sell goes in your pocket and, honestly, it'll give your thoughts more weight than if it's just a pictured list. You'd be able to find your own style of writing because you won't be constrained to bullet points and you'll find sites like this one more likely to promote it, as will "influential" people on twitter like @nufcthreatlevel and local journos; they wouldn't promote something like this as it stands.

Hope you don't take any of that personally, and good luck with future stuff.

Thanks for the feedback dude (@@The Fish) and everyone else. Positive or negative it's appreciated and taken on board. Obviously i'm hamstrung in terms of style but i've put your issue with the buzz feed style to the senior editors and change could be afoot. As for my "flowery prose" I probably do go over the top but i'm an expressive chap but i'll endeavour to tone it down.

Anyway, thanks again and nothing was taken as a personal insult even if I've used up my lifetime quota of tears in the past week.