If he doesn't sign, he could be picked up by someone like Everton, or maybe a bigger club will take a punt on a free, promising youngster. He'll believe he's good enough to get enough 1st team action, no matter where he goes. So why would he stay for guaranteed 1st team games in the Championship, when he could get 1st team games in the Premier League?

Whilst I don't doubt that he believes he can eventually make it anywhere, I think he'll also have some idea that he won't get straight into their teams. He hasn't managed to get straight into ours and we're shit. I think he'll know that if we are relegated, he'll have a good chance of regular first team football which will lead to him getting a move to a better team at a point in his career when he can actually get a game for them.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what the disagreement is about tbh. Fish is right if we get relegated he will probably want to go to another premier league club

If a premier league club offers him a contract and we are in the championship the lads going to pick playing in the premier league.

Even though he's barely played, kids these days believe they can play at the highest level and believe in themselves

Whilst I don't doubt that he believes he can eventually make it anywhere, I think he'll also have some idea that he won't get straight into their teams. He hasn't managed to get straight into ours and we're shit. I think he'll know that if we are relegated, he'll have a good chance of regular first team football which will lead to him getting a move to a better team at a point in his career when he can actually get a game for them.

You've got to look back at his injury record though. Would he have got 1st team games if he'd been available? I'd have to say probably. Pardew, Carver & McClaren more likely to take a punt on him as he's a more prototypical winger, certainly more than they are to trust Cabella/Thauvin etc.

Given that, surely he'd fancy his chances of getting a 1st team shot at the likes of West Brom?

Not sure what the disagreement is about tbh. Fish is right if we get relegated he will probably want to go to another premier league club

If a premier league club offers him a contract and we are in the championship the lads going to pick playing in the premier league.

Even though he's barely played, kids these days believe they can play at the highest level and believe in themselves

:aye:

I think you mean their agents tell them they can but, other than that, aye.

You've got to look back at his injury record though. Would he have got 1st team games if he'd been available? I'd have to say probably. Pardew, Carver & McClaren more likely to take a punt on him as he's a more prototypical winger, certainly more than they are to trust Cabella/Thauvin etc.

Given that, surely he'd fancy his chances of getting a 1st team shot at the likes of West Brom?

I'm not saying he wouldn't have got more games but there certainly have been occassions (the start of the season for one) where we've not really had a left winger and he still hasn't played. There has also been fairly regular talk this season about him being sent out on loan to the championship. Again this might have something to do with his injury issues but my take is that they don't feel he's ready to be a premier league starter just yet. And his (admittedly limited) performances so far seem to back this up.

I'm not saying he wouldn't have got more games but there certainly have been occassions (the start of the season for one) where we've not really had a left winger and he still hasn't played. There has also been fairly regular talk this season about him being sent out on loan to the championship. Again this might have something to do with his injury issues but my take is that they don't feel he's ready to be a premier league starter just yet. And his (admittedly limited) performances so far seem to back this up.

Wasn't Thauvin ahead of him in the pecking order? Before he got injured again? Either way, gpirlo is right, given the option, Aarons isn't going to choose playing for a Championship club ahead of a Premier League club.

Since Aarons made his debuts he's never had a sustained period of time of being fully fit, hes constantly picked up different injuries. One week he'll be fit make a sub appearance then he picks up a 'niggle' so it's hard to define if Pardew Carver or McClaren saw him as a first team starter.

I personally wouldn't of took him abroad for pre season, and let him recover. He played all pre season and then missed a lot of the actual season just like last year

Edited by gpirlo68

Wasn't Thauvin ahead of him in the pecking order? Before he got injured again? Either way, gpirlo is right, given the option, Aarons isn't going to choose playing for a Championship club ahead of a Premier League club.

Not the first couple of games he wasn't and Aarons still wasn't picked.

I never said he would chose one over the other. I just think he might realise he can get more game time here and no clubs will be hammering down his door given his lack of games. If he becomes a free agent then I'm sure someone will take a punt.

Would we still be entitled to something for him given we got him from Bristol?

Not the first couple of games he wasn't and Aarons still wasn't picked.

I never said he would chose one over the other. I just think he might realise he can get more game time here and no clubs will be hammering down his door given his lack of games. If he becomes a free agent then I'm sure someone will take a punt.

Would we still be entitled to something for him given we got him from Bristol?

Not sure. Isn't there something about, as long as we offer him a contract, there needs to be some kind of compensation from whichever club he ends up at? I remember there being something similar with Sammy Ameobi.

Not sure. Isn't there something about, as long as we offer him a contract, there needs to be some kind of compensation from whichever club he ends up at? I remember there being something similar with Sammy Ameobi.

Yeah there's that but wouldn't it be classed as Bristol developed him? Actually I think Bournemouth might be entitled to part of the money Liverpool have to pay Burnley for Ings (if that ever gets sorted).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to make up for CT's lack of it in the Kodi thread, and the politics thread, and the football threads, and the lunch thread, and the film thread, and the materialism thread and the ...

You bugger :lol:

Armstrong is 19, but surely if Gilliead is good enough for u20s then Armstrong should be

Different positions though aren't they. They might have other good options up front for the U20's but not so much in midfield. Or the U19's might be short of strikers. And probably most importantly, the U19 game is a qualifier and the U20's is just a friendly.

Different positions though aren't they. They might have other good options up front for the U20's but not so much in midfield. Or the U19's might be short of strikers. And probably most importantly, the U19 game is a qualifier and the U20's is just a friendly.

Ahh right, I wasn't sure it was a qualifier. Would be good for Armstrong to keep progressing through the England ranks

• 1 month later...

"The woman repeatedly said this was not the case and added that she was going out with a white man."

Who I bet is delighted to here she was in bed with a load of other blokes on Saturday.

You would think that after Ched Evans and Johnson and countless other players, they'd be more switched on to what they need to stay clear of these days.

"The woman repeatedly said this was not the case and added that she was going out with a white man."

Who I bet is delighted to here she was in bed with a load of other blokes on Saturday.

You would think that after Ched Evans and Johnson and countless other players, they'd be more switched on to what they need to stay clear of these days.

That would need a form of intelligence.