• 1 month later...
  • Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Could renegotiate yet though, his current deal still has 18 months to run and it's not like he'd command a big fee currently. Much more likely to get game time here than at City or Arsenal (who I note are being linked). He can always move to them later and for more money.

6000 a week is like a child's pocket money nowadays, Mike Ashley must be mistaking him for one of his Sports Direct employees.

Really if Aarons doesn't want to be here, who will? If we have any attractive key players atm, I'm sure they're planning their escape route right about now.

Edited by TheGoslingBeast

It's a full-time contract, so that's already one difference.

Aye, and 300,000 a year is a lot of fucking money for a 19 year old who has played in what? 5 games? The problem is the length of the deal tbh a lad full of confidence and potential like Aarons would be daft to lock himself into a 6 year deal on what is somewhat fair now but if he gains fitness and becomes a regular starter in the next year or so would be pittance.

How old is Sterling?... he's on comparatively huge money at Liverpool, but I bet it's only a four year deal. The apparent length of contract is to make up for the "small" weekly deal, as he'll be sold so will have it all paid up. Or he'll stay, develop well, get in the England squad and that contract will be torn up and he'll get a new one which reflects his enhanced status. Or maybe he'll just be sold... :glare:

Pretty much the same age but he has accomplished a hell of a lot more than Aarons. He has potential but he has barely played and suffered injuries in between those appearances. I'd like to think they'll manage to get him signed up to a deal but I do worry his agent has been in his ear, I don't think the lad would be after Sterling money btw. We'll not hang onto this lad for long either way if he goes on to play regularly and play well, especially with rumours circling around Sterling now.

• 3 months later...

My mate told me last night that it was fitness issues that apparently lead to Bristol letting him go. I've not seen this mentioned anywhere but it does seem to offer an explanation for why they would let someone with such obvious potential go.