Vaccine deniers

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall reading something about someone in the 90s trying to claim that the flu vaccine caused autism - turned out he was working for a pharmaceutical company that wanted to release a version of the vaccine that didn't cause autism - for huge profits obviously.

Anyway, large numbers of people avoided vaccinating their kids because of this. I know flu isn't a regular killer, but I do wonder how many children's lives he may be responsible for...

Edited by Rayvin

I recall reading something about someone in the 90s trying to claim that the flu vaccine caused autism - turned out he was working for a pharmaceutical company that wanted to release a version of the vaccine that didn't cause autism - for huge profits obviously.

Anyway, large numbers of people avoided vaccinating their kids because of this. I know flu isn't a regular killer, but I do wonder how many children's lives he may be responsible for...

Was that not the MMR jab?

The bairn has had all of his recommended childhood vaccines up til now but I did refuse to let him have the swine flu vaccine when he was 9 months old. I felt there was a total knee-jerk reaction to the whole thing and didn't feel like it had been properly researched in babies.

Funnily enough I spent a lot of last night reading up on the current flu nasal spray vaccine that his school are trying to force upon all the kids at the moment. I think I'll probably let him have it this time although I still have some reservations, and am basically just a cynical old nurse :)

The bairn has had all of his recommended childhood vaccines up til now but I did refuse to let him have the swine flu vaccine when he was 9 months old. I felt there was a total knee-jerk reaction to the whole thing and didn't feel like it had been properly researched in babies.

Funnily enough I spent a lot of last night reading up on the current flu nasal spray vaccine that his school are trying to force upon all the kids at the moment. I think I'll probably let him have it this time although I still have some reservations, and am basically just a cynical old nurse :)

Parky Jnr has had all hers but we spaced them out to give the young immune system breathing space.

I'm ready to be convinced that they pose a great danger to babies, like. That's mostly to do with the fact that it's a fucking awful experience for the parents though. Next batch due this afternoon for my little man. Can't wait.

I'm ready to be convinced that they pose a great danger to babies, like. That's mostly to do with the fact that it's a fucking awful experience for the parents though. Next batch due this afternoon for my little man. Can't wait.

The last ones my little one had were when he was 3. I'd had a chat with him, explained it all and told him it would hurt for a minute and then he'd be fine and could have a treat. When we were sat in the waiting room there were kids coming out of the room wailing and bawling which concerned him greatly (he can be a serious little thing) When it was his turn we went in and the nurse asked him if he wanted to sit on mammy's knee which he declined and just sat on the chair looking very calm. She explained there'd be one in each arm and he should look away. He was having none of it! He watched her give both injections, didn't flinch, then got up and headed for the door. As soon as we got outside he just said "Can I have my treat now?" He never fails to amaze me :lol:

Vaccines probably caused AIDS so you do have to be careful with these things.

Possibly the 3rd time i've mentioned this anecdote on here but i used to work for GSK (during the MMR scandal) and was once in a corporate box at SJP being asked about what did for a living. Bloke used to work for the club started asking me about the Lancet article that had just been published on Wakefield's findings. When people with no background in medicine start quoting medical research at you and asking difficult questions, it stops you in your tracks. So i asked him what his interest yes.

'My son has autism and i am suing your company'

Will never ever forget the moment or the man and would never ever belittle or trample over his concerns, questions and his need to have answers. Can we say with 100% certainty that MMR does not cause Autism? I'd say no because i have a specific view on falsifiability in scientific research, i think the balance of evidence is against it being the cause (significantly against) but that should not stop enquiry and questions. An environment of ridicule for those who want to pursue the hypothesis helps no one.

Possibly the 3rd time i've mentioned this anecdote on here but i used to work for GSK (during the MMR scandal) and was once in a corporate box at SJP being asked about what did for a living. Bloke used to work for the club started asking me about the Lancet article that had just been published on Wakefield's findings. When people with no background in medicine start quoting medical research at you and asking difficult questions, it stops you in your tracks. So i asked him what his interest yes.

Will never ever forget the moment or the man and would never ever belittle or trample over his concerns, questions and his need to have answers. Can we say with 100% certainty that MMR does not cause Autism? I'd say no because i have a specific view on falsifiability in scientific research, i think the balance of evidence is against it being the cause (significantly against) but that should not stop enquiry and questions. An environment of ridicule for those who want to pursue the hypothesis helps no one.

Top post.

Was the aids thing the polio vaccine?

Is that not simply "you can't prove a negative"?

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/debunked-polio-vaccine-and-hiv-link