Things Govt should do.

Park Life

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is the evaders strive for "losses" to reduce the tax which makes it harder to judge.

This is where the abolition of all the schemes would come in. An end to the conspiring of the big four in avoidance would be a starting poinr.

As it stands, all tax avoidance have to be reported to HMRC who then decide on whether they're legal and also allows them to close any obvious loopholes in future years. The question has to be asked as to whether they're doing their job properly.

Yes there is a lack of will but ad I've said before when your auditors are your tax advisers, the whole thing is dodgy. Then you add the cosy relationship between the big four and HMRC it gets worse.

Edited by NJS

You do realise they invent the schemes then have a nice chat with their mates at hmrc and failing that use lobbyists to persuade politicians?

I should add that hmrc is deliberately underfunded.

MPs, including former coalition ministers who have since returned to the backbenches, have declared more than £7.1m earnings from second jobs and outside interests, according to parliamentary records.

An analysis by the Guardian shows that 26 MPs declared more earnings from directorships, paid employment or shareholdings than they did from their parliamentary salary, with more than 20 declaring more than £100,000 in outside earnings in the latest register of members’ interests.

Bridget thoroughly corrupted by this point.

Check Bridget's link, which is more than sensible (just the one thing) and then click "previous" for Stephen Phillips. That guy is making a mint.

Well since that's the groups most likely to need them I'd guess 75%

It would be interesting to know what the nett cost is - I know £8 won't cover a lot of the wonder drugs but I'll bet there are a lot which cost under the prescription cost.

In Germany they charge for doc visits to discourage the old who just like talking shit to the doc and other melingerers. Cause Germans pay ludicrous money for healtchare, I think the average works out at euro 350/400 a month for working families they over compensate and get down the docs for every sniffle etc...

The NHS is the best thing on the planet.

My dear old mam said that whentehy introduced the Health Service in '47 EVERYONE rushed down and got free specs and false teeth - it was so bad they had to introduce a charge almost immediately

i can't see anything wrong in a small charge to see the quack or for A&E

Tax the second car and the second house properly, especially the 2nd property.

Yep. Buy to Let is a huge factor in the house price lunacy in London.

Yep. Buy to Let is a huge factor in the house price lunacy in London.

Yup it's ridiculous that so many landlords owning 4/5 properties with jacked up rents aren't being hit...Or that Chinese are being taken on property tours around the city to buy up stuff that nobody will live in just so that they can take a ride on our various housing bubbles. HKong raised their charges recently for foreign owned property so all the fuckers are in London now...

Proper know it all aren't you ewerk? Be a good lad and try not to be quite so rude.

Inflation lowest in years,, hehehe... which measurement you using you tory defending sloth.

And while I'm biting back, you know fuck all about offshore or you're not very clever if you believe the shite about accountability. Bermuda, jersey, guernsey and all will never have accountability like that , lest the details of these funds and deals reach the public eye. According to you all we do is sell watches on the beach anyway remember?

Edited by scoobos

Proper know it all aren't you ewerk? Be a good lad and try not to be quite so rude.

Inflation lowest in years,, hehehe... which measurement you using you tory defending sloth.

And while I'm biting back, you know fuck all about offshore or you're not very clever if you believe the shite about accountability. Bermuda, jersey, guernsey and all will never have accountability like that , lest the details of these funds and deals reach the public eye. According to you all we do is sell watches on the beach anyway remember?

Be careful now.....ewerk is basically Michael Stone with an ACCA diploma or two in his sideboard drawer...

:)

A nice simple inflation graph for you is on the bbc website. Five years was a bad pick. It's pretty much the same as is was in 2000, but thats not counting thr figure fudging thats been going on. I think your average consumer will argue that prices certainly aren't just a few percent higher in 2013 as 2012, especially fuel and power.

A massive redistribution of wealth has occurred and anything to defend the actions of the current government is hard to understand, if talking in terms of everyday people, from my perspective.

GDP is not a measure of success in my view, standard of living increases are. Does anyone think standard of living has improved since 2004? Mine has, but only because I left.

I live on a tiny island that has to import everything, electricity bill is 300 a MONTH, yet we can live and save here doing the same jobs, that we couldn't make ends meet with in the UK.

Edited by scoobos