How many more years of Ashley?

trophyshy

Can you see him leaving any time soon?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see any realistic timeline for him leaving at the minute. If the governing bodies said he couldn't own both us and Rangers that might force a decision but I don't see them being more valuable to him than us so I think it would be them who would benefit from any such ruling.

As long as we provide him the platform for improving SD, I think he'll keep on utilising us for that purpose and nothing more.

The club posted a profit for the 3rd year in a row last time round. It's small fry by Ashley's standards but given what the club is worth in terms of shirt sales and, more importantly advertising space in what is arguably the most high profile sporting event in the world (given the TV figures and regularity of the games and so on), it seems to me there's no incentive for him to sell unless someone makes a daft offer. I really think 10 years might be optimistic. Fuck it tbh. It's not worth getting upset about any more.

If it comes to a decision between us and Rangers (which I don't think it will) I could see him leaving, or if someone comes out of nowhere with a big offer, he'll sell.

Other than that, as Alex says, why would he sell?

If we get relegated he'll be gone he wont get his worldwide free advertising in the Championship. Plus he'll have payback for "the walkout" "YFCB get out of our club" and leaving us in the Championship.

With the parachute payments it's quite conceivable he would expect us to get promoted again straight away and not lose much at all in the year out. I certainly don't think relegation would make it anywhere near inevitable he would be away.

Aye I'm not confident relegation would get rid of him, he'd probably cut into those profits from previous years to maintain a lot of the players and bring in some more upper championship/lower premiership players (like he did last time) and get us back up. He'd obviously prefer to avoid going down but I think he'd hang with it, there'd only be a chance of him cutting his losses if we stayed down there for a good period of time imo which would mean 3 or more years down there, which would then make it extremely hard to get back up anyway.

I agree with most others in that I see no time period for him leaving tbh, he's now able to take money out of the club while having a massive amount of advertising at a level that would probably cost a fair whack of money for free.

We'll spend in January the same way we did last time. I'm still unsure why he is intent on sticking with Pardew mind as we're looking at being on around 12-15 points come the January window if this sort of form continues, which would make us a very safe bet for relegation. We've had a pretty easy start fixture wise considering how many of the top teams we've not had to play and now we have all of them in the next 2 month.

If we get relegated he'll be gone he wont get his worldwide free advertising in the Championship. Plus he'll have payback for "the walkout" "YFCB get out of our club" and leaving us in the Championship.

I don't think he'll let us get relegated. He can spend another £30m in January and he'll still be in the black for the season. Even if we did go down, he'd rather spend £30m getting us back, than selling his asset that has now diminished in value. He couldn't sell us for £300m if we're in the Championship, so he'll spend buttons to make sure we stay here.

January may come too late with our current points tally and the games we have coming up. We could be at the point of no return regarding relegation by the time the window opens.

I'm not sure he would have been making the profits he's making now.

Lower wage bill, higher parachute payments mean the man don't give a shit. He'd rather we stay up but we probably will anyway. Not being complacent but there's some fucking shite teams. I can't see us being cut adrift by January either, as you suggest.

We'll have him until someone offers the right sort of money to tempt him into selling. He's a barrow boy to his marrow

, profits are comparatively small, and a marketing budget that actually has to pay for isnt going to bankrupt him. That ship may have sailed though when he went on the piss with dekka and wisey instead of meeting Sheik Mansoor. Am I right in saying that tv money is going up again? That might flush someone out....

January may come too late with our current points tally and the games we have coming up. We could be at the point of no return regarding relegation by the time the window opens.

Not really, even if we don't continue this form, we've all seen what a late surge can do for your season. Also Burnley, Crystal Palace, Leicester, QPR and Sunderland are more likely to go down than us. Come January if we're still in the bottom three, Ashley will do two things; 1) fire Pardew*, 2) Spend enough to shake up the squad.

*or bring in staff around him so as to mitigate the arsehole's influence and force him out.

We'll have him until someone offers the right sort of money to tempt him into selling. He's a barrow boy to his marrow

, profits are comparatively small, and a marketing budget that actually has to pay for isnt going to bankrupt him. That ship may have sailed though when he went on the piss with dekka and wisey instead of meeting Sheik Mansoor. Am I right in saying that tv money is going up again? That might flush someone out....

Yeah I heard that too. With that extra income Ashley's valuation of us will go up as well though. If some Yank speculator fancies buying a club, they're more likely to throw their dollars at a newly promoted yo-yo club than the more expensive Newcastle though, right?

Spurs (a)

Liverpool (h)

West Brom(a)

QPR (h)

West Ham (a)

Burnley (a)

Chelsea (h)

Arsenal (a)

Sunderland (h)

Man Utd (a)

Everton (h)

These are our Premiership fixtures up until the window opens again. There's not many points for us there unless we have some remarkable turn round in form.

Spurs (a)

Liverpool (h)

West Brom(a)

QPR (h)

West Ham (a)

Burnley (a)

Chelsea (h)

Arsenal (a)

Sunderland (h)

Man Utd (a)

Everton (h)

These are our Premiership fixtures up until the window opens again. There's not many points for us there unless we have some remarkable turn round in form.

I can see us getting points from 6 of those 11 games.

Possibly, I don't see us winning much more than one mind as three out the four I think we stand the best chance of winning (West Brom, QPR, West Ham and Burnley are the four I think we have the best shot against) are away. I'm not really confident about the Mackem game as Poyet seems to have the beating of our tactical genius manager no matter how poor or good either team are playing. If we win one and draw five (which I think is somewhat possible as I think we'll get a scrappy draw against one of the good sides on that list) that'll put us on 16 points when the window opens, best hope the recruits come in like Sissoko and co did.

Edited by Howay

FYP

That's what I thought he meant anyway, :lol:, as much more would seem optimistic given 2014's form.

We averaging 0.851 per game so let's be generous and assume we can keep that stellar form going, 11 games should give us around 9 points.