The (are we playing today?) match thread. Spurs v 'NUFC' 1.30 KO

trophyshy

Janmaat always seems to tuck in close to the central defenders.He could be following team orders,but there is regular cowardice in his attempts at stopping the crosses.He turned his back for the cross that Colo nearly scored from last night.I hope we don't resort to playing a rightside midfield player solely to protect him ( Santon and Jonas ).I hope he gets his act together and becomes a hero in a black and white shirt.Pardew needs to show him videos of his cowardice and if he sorts it out,we could have a very important player for the team,until we sell him in January for £10m.

Edited by essembeeofsunderland

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fullbacks should tuck in close to their centre backs on occasion, if Haidara hadn't Man City would definitely have broken through on at least two occasions off the top of my head. If the Fullback stays wide, especially against a side with the movement and passing ability of Man City, The gaps provided would be such that the opposition would be able to easily pick passes through.

Against City last night, you have to stay tight, stay disciplined and stay compact.

I agree.They do have to tuck in on occasions.Lets say he's been told to always tuck in.There is no excuse for him turning his back ,which he regularly does.

I've never noticed him doing that at all, but more important than that, it seems more and more like you're struggling to find issues with a player you've arbitrarily decided isn't any good, and as such have started creating issues instead.

Is there a Specsavers close to your home,or have you never noticed ?

This coming from the guy who can't find the space bar on his keyboard?