The (are we playing today?) match thread. Spurs v 'NUFC' 1.30 KO

trophyshy

I've said before Perez should be given more playing time, he shows more potential than Riviere.

Sissoko was like a 90 minute Sherman tank intent on causing damage.

I've always said Saylor is better than Willo and I still say it.

Obertan showed his true worth today, useless. Just a flash in the sky player.

Unforeseeable win.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable win, considering where we are, and the team we put out. Love winning against this lot as well. Chuffed to bits for Ayoze and Sammy.

Love reading the disappointed reactions from our own fans on twitter, mind. Weird cunts. :lol:

I'm always quick to slate Pardew's tactics and after the 1st half I was ready to slate him some more, but credit where it's due, Pardew finally made an aggressive change and in so doing turned in the best second half performance for a long long time.

Sissoko had his best game in a black and white shirt since his first against Chelsea, both goals were well taken and hopefully the players involved will now have more belief and be able to take that into the tougher games we're yet to endure.

As important it is to note the good points, we still benefited from poor attacking on Spurs' part and a more clinical opposition wouldn't have stalled at 1-0. We're still shaky at the back and we still need Pardew to realise that the only way we're going to get goals from our forwards is if they're not isolated.

My twuppense

Bloody hell :lol: Wasnt bothered about missing the second half after the first half performance, typical we go on and win.

Like Fish says credit where its due, nice little surprise coming back home and checking the score.

lol proper amateur league effort, kick off and diagonal to the winger :lol:

Yup, big questions should be asked about Spurs concentration levels.

However, he took his chance brilliantly and deserves credit.

Spurs must be awful.

Bit ropey at the back and they're relying too much on inconsistent performers, but they're still a decent Premier League team imo

Didn't even bother watching. Didn't think we had a chance and had Sunday afternoon plans that didn't seem worth changing. Should have known better. This lot have long had the knack of losing against the crap teams and winning when least expected.

Curse of the Europa League I reckon.

Glad to see Perez getting a goal, think he has something about him. Hopefully Pards will finally see this defensive 4-5-1 doesn't work.

Possibly, but I think it's as much about concentration levels as energy levels. We scored from kick off because they weren't switched on.

Our 2nd was because their centre halves were beaten in the air by a wee slip of a boy

Possibly, but I think it's as much about concentration levels as energy levels. We scored from kick off because they weren't switched on.

Our 2nd was because their centre halves were beaten in the air by a wee slip of a boy

Their centre halves were beaten by our best cross in about three seasons iyam..

Lots of good things to take from the second half tbh, not least Pardew making decent attacking changes. Spurs threw the towel in after about 70 mins, bit like us at Southampton. To be fair since then we've put a lot of effort in and almost unbelievably Steven Taylor remains an utter fuckin wanker well into his late twenties now....

Edited by PaddockLad

To add Ameobi has really impressed every time he's played this season, I love him already. Dangerous when he gets the ball.

When he did his customary lollop forward I was fully expeting the resulting whack to go over the stand. :lol:

It was a beauty, but I still think Kaboul and Vertonghen shouldn't be beaten by Perez. He's only 5' 10" and hardly a brute of a lad. It's a great cross, but I guess I'll always blame a pair of centre halves losing out to a young lad like Perez, especially on his debut.

It was a beauty, but I still think Kaboul and Vertonghen shouldn't be beaten by Perez. He's only 5' 10" and hardly a brute of a lad. It's a great cross, but I guess I'll always blame a pair of centre halves losing out to a young lad like Perez, especially on his debut.

All these years and all that money and Spurs have never sorted that defence out. Perez played his heart out.