Question(s) of the Day 17/11/2014

The Fish

Tough one that.

Given? Solano? Coloccini during the 11-12 season was outstanding. All 3 deserve more credit than they get imo. Speaking not in terms of nufc fans but the general football world.

Overall I'd say Given, he was the best shot stopper in the league for a 3-4 year period.

I think Robbie Elliot was a very underrated player in his first spell at the club. Solid full-back who could play a bit and also could do a job in the centre of defence and in midfield. Never quite the same after breaking his leg as soon as he went to Bolton.

acuna

mccreery

beresford

guthrie

sellars

shola :ninja:

Would say Acuna and Guthrie are way overrated by some personally. I did think about saying McCreery myself but I think he's more forgotten than underrated. But the same could no doubt be said about some of the ones I did say.

sibierksi was class for us in the end. i remember this board almost going into meltdown when he was our last minute signing one transfer window so we wasn't exactly rated when he arrived. did a good job for us though tbf and bagged a few in europe iifc.

Edited by Dr Gloom

sibierksi was class for us in the end. i remember this board almost going into meltdown when he was our last minute signing one transfer window so we wasn't exactly rated when he arrived. did a good job for us though tbf and bagged a few in europe iifc.

He was shit in the league. Played quite well in the Uefa Cup games. Hardly class like.

Was he fuck class for us. Played alright in Europe but waa dreadful in the Premiership for the most part.

He was shit in the league. Played quite well in the Uefa Cup games. Hardly class like.

yeah, class was the wrong word. nowhere near as shit as we all feared would have been a better way to put it.

legend in the uefa cup against some top top teams.

Was he fuck class for us. Played alright in Europe but waa dreadful in the Premiership for the most part.

yes, you're right of course, he wasn't class. but then no one in that team was really. it was kind of the beginning of the end of what had been a canny few years. but he was definitely underrated because he ended up scoring a few goals, something no one really saw coming, we all thought he was that shit.