Question(s) of the Day 20/11/2014

The Fish

I think KCG is, since he doesn't think Evans should be able to return to work because hes been convicted of rape.

Sorry for having something against rapist cunts.

I am fine with him working again. I would never get a job as a systems engineer again if I decided to rape somebody.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think every football club should have the right to say they don't want to employ a convicted rapist just as any other company should. But they also should have the right to say they do want to. They should certainly take the opinion of their supporters and other employees into account when making the decision though.

Like ours does! [emoji53]

I think KCG is, since he doesn't think Evans should be able to return to work because hes been convicted of rape.

Ah, right. As unpalatable as it is, Evans has the right to return to work. Personally, I think clubs should hold off until the end of the appeal first, purely from a public perception point of view.

It was always going to be newsworthy but I doubt they anticipated the storm it would cause.

And I did agree with Rod Liddle for once, when he said many other players (Lee Hughes, Marlon King) had committed very serious offences with less of a furore about their return to the game so there's a degree of hypocrisy around this in some quarters.

As DK said earlier, it's that it's rape. I don't think it's hypocritical because it's viewed by a lot of people as worse than causing Death by Dangerous Driving. I'm presuming that the latter is viewed by a lot of people as negligence, rape is an intentional crime.

I'd also say because he seems to be a fairly unlikeable person, that'll add to the resistance to his return. Mind, if being a prick was sufficient reason not to employ a footballer we might be able to get a 5-a-side Football League?

Sorry for having something against rapist cunts.

I am fine with him working again. I would never get a job as a systems engineer again if I decided to rape somebody.

Yeah you sound fine with it

Aye I can imagine if we had Peter Sutcliffe playing for us before his conviction, Ashley would take him back as long as it could make him money!

Peter

Peter Sutcliffe

Peter Sutcliffe on 'D' Wing

Ah, right. As unpalatable as it is, Evans has the right to return to work. Personally, I think clubs should hold off until the end of the appeal first, purely from a public perception point of view.

As DK said earlier, it's that it's rape. I don't think it's hypocritical because it's viewed by a lot of people as worse than causing Death by Dangerous Driving. I'm presuming that the latter is viewed by a lot of people as negligence, rape is an intentional crime.

I'd also say because he seems to be a fairly unlikeable person, that'll add to the resistance to his return. Mind, if being a prick was sufficient reason not to employ a footballer we might be able to get a 5-a-side Football League?

It sounds like the case isn't an open and shut abducting some lass off the street, pulling her into a van and raping her sort of case. Calling him a predator for it probably isn't accurate. As NJS said it's more likely that he's a cunt who didn't think through his actions (if those were indeed his actions). That wouldn't make him any less worthy of prosecution and imprisonment but I would think it makes him a lot less dangerous to be let out.

Peter

Peter Sutcliffe

Peter Sutcliffe on 'D' Wing

A few of my mates met Howard Kendall in Magaluf and asked him who the best player he ever managed was. One of them seriously asked him if it was Peter Sutcliffe. He apparently looked very confused until one of the others corrected him that it was actually Kevin Ratcliffe he was thinking of!

It sounds like the case isn't an open and shut abducting some lass off the street, pulling her into a van and raping her sort of case. Calling him a predator for it probably isn't accurate. As NJS said it's more likely that he's a cunt who didn't think through his actions (if those were indeed his actions). That wouldn't make him any less worthy of prosecution and imprisonment but I would think it makes him a lot less dangerous to be let out.

Just to clarify, I don't think he's a predator the likes of which Luther would chase down. However, I don't think he slipped and fell into her either. He knew he was having sex with a girl his mate brought back to a hotel. That's what I meant by intent.

A fella I used to work with was charged with rape in his university days. He was working as a bouncer in a halls of residence bar when he was told to carry home a pissed student who was staggering all over the place. He did so and then fucked her in the corridor outside her bedroom. She accused him of rape and the case collapsed when she told the court that she was so drunk that she couldn't remember whether she had consented or not. Of course what he did was highly immoral but he was found not guilty. In another trial he could have easily been found guilty just as Evans could have been acquitted, these cases are highly unpredictable.

FTR, he was a knob regardless.

Just to clarify, I don't think he's a predator the likes of which Luther would chase down. However, I don't think he slipped and fell into her either. He knew he was having sex with a girl his mate brought back to a hotel. That's what I meant by intent.

His friend didn't just bring her back, he got into a taxi and she jumped in beside him and the first thing she said was that she was going home with him. Up until that point his mate hadn't seen or spoken to her. It's always dodgy ground to question a potential rape victim's promiscuity but it does add some context.

His friend didn't just bring her back, he got into a taxi and she jumped in beside him and the first thing she said was that she was going home with him. Up until that point his mate hadn't seen or spoken to her. It's always dodgy ground to question a potential rape victim's promiscuity but it does add some context.

Was Evans also in the cab?

No.

So while she might have happily clambered into a cab to have nudge nudge wink wink with a bloke she just met, it's fair to to also suggest she wasn't planning on also being fucked by a different man?

Late to the party here, something I wondered about when his return was first reported is whether it was Sheff.Utd's decision.

Reports at the time mentioned things like "following a request from the PFA", is it possible that they put pressure on the club to take him back

Do they have that power?

I think the argument you suggested Alex, that he didn't serve his full sentence isn't really relevant to this discussion. He served what the judicial system made him serve. It's not like he escaped or even used a loophole to get him out even though he was known to be guilty. It was deemed he'd served enough to be released.I think it's a fair argument that a person convicted of rape should serve longer than he did but I don't think it has any impact on whether he should be able to go back to work once he has been released.

It was relevant in response to andrew

Did she say NO? that seems to be a criteria for rape.

In no way do I condone what Evans did but it seems to me that he is not the typical rapest unless he has a prior record of sexual abuse. Seems to me he saw the opportunity of having sex with a drunken woman his mate had brought in, went for it and got himself into a hole he had trouble getting out of.

Maybe it's the wine but I'm not sure how it relates.

I've no idea what argument you think I'm making tbh but Andrew said he'd served the sentence the court handed down and I pointed out he served about half that. That's ho it relates to what he said.