QPR 16/5/15

Monroe Transfer

Not really.

Your mindless optimism has been entertaining but it is mindless. If we stay up it'll be a fluke.

"Mindless"?

Behave man.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Mindless"?

Behave man.

The fact that it's going to the last day should tell you that there has been and remains very little to be optimistic about. If we stay up, it will likely be because Man United do us a favour. Where is the call for optimism in that?

Now stop being silly.

That's ridiculous. A common criticism of Pardew was that he was unable to get the most out of a group of great players. That delusion seems to have disappeared with the players now more accurately cast as shite. Pardew managed to at least get the odd good run out of them. I'd like to think we now have a better perspective on the quality of resources Pardew was working with.

His record against man utd, arsenal, man city and of course the mackems suggest otherwise.

His great run this year, Chelsea apart (fair play) was against 5 teams who were all dogshit at the time. Apart from yesterday we haven't played anyone as bad.

The fact that it's going to the last day should tell you that there has been and remains very little to be optimistic about. If we stay up, it will likely be because Man United do us a favour. Where is the call for optimism in that?

Now stop being silly.

The fact that it's been an unbelievable run of form that all but emotionally invested fans couldn't have predicted should tell you that your collective pessimism was in the face of what an objective observer would have predicted.

The "Wuh shit man we'll fucking lode every game cos Wuh shit and that." Is mindless and that it has unfortunately come to pass doesn't mean those predicting catastrophe were somehow prescient. It just means that if you keep saying it'll rain, eventually you'll be right.

The games we had should have delivered safety games ago. Looking at QPR's form, their players, their relegation, and everything else had bookies and pundits predicting we'd pick up a point.

But it's obviously easier to wail & cry and predict doom, because nobody picks you up on it afterwards. Nobody predicted anything but a loss against West Brom, did they?

All along I've said we'd stay up, not because we're any good, but simple that the other teams were equally shit or worse and we had accumulated enough of a cushion.

People think that's "mindless" fine, but I've clearly considered it and come to the conclusion that Burnley and QPR would be relegated, leaving one spot left, and Hull, sunderland and Leicester were unlikely to all leapfrog us.

Well, looking here, it remains unlikely that they will.

But aye, I'm mindless and those who "predicted" a loss in every game are oracles.

:lol:

So those that were right are stupid, and you, all completely wrong by your lonesome are the one that knew the crack.

We've been predicting rain and it has been fucking hossing it down for months. You've been lying on your towel constantly reapplying suntan lotion the whole time. And yet "when we don't get relegated, you're all gonna look pretty stupid." :lol:

Carver makes more sense than you at the minute. :razz:

:dunno: like I said, not bothered if you all want to take out your frustration at the team on me, but some of the carry on, on here makes teenage girls look calm and reasonable.

So those that were right are stupid, and you, all completely wrong by your lonesome are the one that knew the crack.

We've been predicting rain and it has been fucking hossing it down for months. You've been lying on your towel constantly reapplying suntan lotion the whole time. And yet "when we don't get relegated, you're all gonna look pretty stupid." :lol:

Carver makes more sense than you at the minute. :razz:

He's baiting you man, only logical explanation I can come up with. :lol:

:dunno: like I said, not bothered if you all want to take out your frustration at the team on me, but some of the carry on, on here makes teenage girls look calm and reasonable.

Look inside, and you will see you are doing this to yourself.

Also, I'm concerned you're hanging about with teenage girls again.

Look inside, and you will see you are doing this to yourself.

Also, I'm concerned you're hanging about with teenage girls again.

Yeah I'm definitely the one calling me deluded and so on...

The fact that it's been an unbelievable run of form that all but emotionally invested fans couldn't have predicted should tell you that your collective pessimism was in the face of what an objective observer would have predicted.

The "Wuh shit man we'll fucking lode every game cos Wuh shit and that." Is mindless and that it has unfortunately come to pass doesn't mean those predicting catastrophe were somehow prescient. It just means that if you keep saying it'll rain, eventually you'll be right.

The games we had should have delivered safety games ago. Looking at QPR's form, their players, their relegation, and everything else had bookies and pundits predicting we'd pick up a point.

But it's obviously easier to wail & cry and predict doom, because nobody picks you up on it afterwards. Nobody predicted anything but a loss against West Brom, did they?

All along I've said we'd stay up, not because we're any good, but simple that the other teams were equally shit or worse and we had accumulated enough of a cushion.

People think that's "mindless" fine, but I've clearly considered it and come to the conclusion that Burnley and QPR would be relegated, leaving one spot left, and Hull, sunderland and Leicester were unlikely to all leapfrog us.

Well, looking here, it remains unlikely that they will.

But aye, I'm mindless and those who "predicted" a loss in every game are oracles.

:lol:

Up until very recently, I'd be inclined to agree that yeah, it was always extremely unlikely, from an outsider looking in - even to Ashley apparently - that it'd come to this. But in recent weeks you've been stating that we're going to pick up points etc, when our form has been the worst in the league by far. You've mentioned QPR's form there. It's been better than ours though, is the thing. We are, objectively, the worst team in the entire division.

Also, it's not like people have been raving on here and slitting wrists etc - there's been frustration, but as you'll see in the 'should we go down' thread, quite a lot of people actually want us relegated.

I can totally see that you've tried to look at this rationally - problem is, this club is nowhere near fucking rational.

Up until very recently, I'd be inclined to agree that yeah, it was always extremely unlikely, from an outsider looking in - even to Ashley apparently - that it'd come to this. .

Which has always been my point

All of this said mind, I still don't begrudge you having your opinion, especially not one that I shared a few weeks back. It's only MT who can rightly claim to have seen this coming.

All you've done is cling to hope longer than anyone else - and you may still be right in the end. By the most slender of margins imaginable.

Yeah but it's the more recent weeks thing that has been ours...

Was a point that unrealistic? Hell, we were 45 minutes from all 3points.

I've not exactly been predicting hat-tricks and backflips, have I?

A point against the worst team in the league.

Not the form table. That says we're categorically the worst team in the league; even before this defeat.

Ok.

But when you stretch that form table to, say, 37 games, they're the worst team in the league.