it's time we got rid of the national anthem

Dr Gloom

I'd go Jerusalem as well - not because of the lyrics (although they're an improvement on God Save the Queen - the Queen can fuck off incidentally) but because it's at least vaguely inspiring in terms of the music.

I think anthems should evolve over time to reflect the wider society within the country at any given time. Although I dread to think what that would mean would be appropriate currently.

Republicanism hit a high of 25% during the divorce & Charles' second wedding, but has only declined since the most recent wedding etc. I think a lot of people might be deluding themselves if they think the monarchy is ending any time soon, or that Charles will do anything to hasten its end. The letters recently exposed showed him to be a decent, caring and intelligent person, much to the chagrin of the Guardian, who I think were hoping they showed him in a much worse light. I think it's even been rejected by Australia now, where iirc the Labour leader was proposing to become a republic once Liz pops her clogs.

Republicanism hit a high of 25% during the divorce & Charles' second wedding, but has only declined since the most recent wedding etc. I think a lot of people might be deluding themselves if they think the monarchy is ending any time soon, or that Charles will do anything to hasten its end. The letters recently exposed showed him to be a decent, caring and intelligent person, much to the chagrin of the Guardian, who I think were hoping they showed him in a much worse light. I think it's even been rejected by Australia now, where iirc the Labour leader was proposing to become a republic once Liz pops her clogs.

He promotes alternative medicine which makes him a thick as pig shit dangerous cretin of the highest order.

Well God Save the Queen isn't all bad

it's short, it has no weird notes (think of the STar Spangled Banner) and it reflects the English pysche - we're not religious, we're not happy with inspiration and we certainly don't want any of that Liberte, Fraterniite and Equalite rubbish

How is GOD save the queen not religious? :lol:

Got to admit the letters weren't that bad, still wrong that he can lobby the government and then try and hide this though. Charles also isn't remotely intelligent, I'd guess his IQ is below the median, despite obvious advantages in his upbringing. Why the fuck would anyone listen to him?

How is GOD save the queen not religious? [emoji38]

Got to admit the letters weren't that bad, still wrong that he can lobby the government and then try and hide this though. Charles also isn't remotely intelligent, I'd guess his IQ is below the median, despite obvious advantages in his upbringing. Why the fuck would anyone listen to him?

Its quite an indictment of the so called best schools in the world or a confirmation of inbreeding genetics how uniformly thick as shit the Windsors all are.

Classic Alex - it was Renton who brought up the religious aspect not me..............

Pay attention dear, pay attention

Classic Alex - it was Renton who brought up the religious aspect not me..............

Pay attention dear, pay attention

:lol: :lol: :lol: Have another check. He replied to your post, in which you mentioned religion.

I have nothing against the queen but should we be asking God to save the queen when so many people in the world need gods help more than the kraut

Why not get god to write the new anthem?

Why not get god to write the new anthem?

I reckon Queen could pen a decent anthem.

The original line-up though, just get Carver to get in touch with Freddie.

• 2 weeks later...

Do what the Scots have done - steal a thrid rate maudlin folk song.....................

I propose "When the Boat comes in..."