survival sunday™ - Newcastle crowned North East Top Dogs™ for the 4th year in a row!

'Ere a dinnit narr what ye tarkin abuuut man. Suuunlun peypul geev the Narth Eyst a good nayum. Yeeyz mags are scooom.

:lol:

Bit too convincing.

Truthfully, how many times since you moved have you had dairy products on your chips?

;)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You tell me. I honestly couldn't tell you, because it's pure shite. I can only assume it's because I've pissed them off or otherwise embarrassed them over something or other (such as in here with this Burnley nonsense), and they've assumed that by calling me a mackem it will annoy me and count as some kind of victory for them. Psychology of the Playground and all that.

Well use your phone or computer to record your voice on here, and seeing I'm the only one from the West End originally on here, I'll tell you where you're from.

I feel for you though Steve, you couldn't pay me to live in SS. I came close to ending up in NS for work, but thankfully didn't have to go there in the end. Over on Newcastle Online, I've been abused by some cunt calling himself Wallsend Mag, which I think is a fucking cheek.

:lol:

Bit too convincing.

Truthfully, how many times since you moved have you had dairy products on your chips?

;)

Nen, but the Nook is 5 mins away from wor place and I swear to god, they actually do cheesy chips. £2 a gan. Nearest chippy to the worlds scruffiest pub on the main road.

Well use your phone or computer to record your voice on here, and seeing I'm the only one from the West End originally on here, I'll tell you where you're from.

Fuck off man, I'm not that sad. Sending a recording of your voice over the net so you can be verified as a west side boy - Jesus man.

Fuck off man, I'm not that sad. Sending a recording of your voice over the net so you can be verified as a west side boy - Jesus man.

Well you're getting emotional because people don't believe you're from the toon. Everyones put their voice up on here at some point, you rabbiting for 30 seconds would prove you're not some tramp from Pallion which is what people clearly think.

Well you're getting emotional because people don't believe you're from the toon. Everyones put their voice up on here at some point, you rabbiting for 30 seconds would prove you're not some tramp from Pallion which is what people clearly think.

I haven't.

mmmmm at a guess well spoken version of David Dunn?

Spoke to him at Amsterdam Airport on the way back from Den Haag a few years back. Friendly as you like but he sounded like he had a gob full of Lancashire hot pot...spoke to Morten Gamst Pedersen too..hes a bit light on his feet him like...

Spoke to him at Amsterdam Airport on the way back from Den Haag a few years back. Friendly as you like but he sounded like he had a gob full of Lancashire hot pot...spoke to Morten Gamst Pedersen too..hes a bit light on his feet him like...

I wonder if Dunn ever had the chance to come here. He was decent.

I wonder if Dunn ever had the chance to come here. He was decent.

He destroyed us playing for Birmingham one year, think Dugarry came on as sub too? There must have been bigger clubs looking at him like. Might have been the same week Partizan put us out the CL on pens..

He destroyed us playing for Birmingham one year, think Dugarry came on as sub too? There must have been bigger clubs looking at him like. Might have been the same week Partizan put us out the CL on pens..

I mind that game 0-1 home loss to Birmingham. Totally deserved too. Right near the start of the season, SBR got a lot of stick for it.

This obsession with being right never, ever ends well.

It does for me.

I do have the advantage of being devastatingly correct in my every utterance. Maybe its not fair, but as the great Australian philosopher Ned Kelly said, 'Fuckin' deal with it, ya cunts!'

This isn't solely about Ings, this was originally about Burnley's inability to score enough goals to stay up, which for whatever reason people seem to be doggedly trying to prove isn't the reason they went down, against all available evidence. When it's widely acknowledged that they were having no difficulty either keeping clean sheets or in creating chances, then frankly I can't see why Ings, as their main forward in a one upfront formation, isn't largely to blame. Not solely of course, but from a player contribution perspective, which was the whole point of the players wages thread, he definitely is. And it's precisely because he will be able to walk away from that team and walk into another PL club, while most of his team mates have to stay at Burnley, that shows quite conclusively that there is currently no real relationship between what happens in the real world, and what happens in football (which was also the premise of the wages thread).

If my company goes bankrupt despite me performing brilliantly, I wouldn't expect to join the dole queue, I'd expect to move to another company who is performing well...

What if an unfashionable Northern team is rock bottom of the league at Christmas no points, scored 0, conceded 19, their star Algerian striker hasn't been bothered so far and so departs at Xmas to join a more attractive London side. That's fine right? I mean despite him being guilty of the very thing you'd punish a 'keeper who'd been the player of the season for the relegated side, he can move with impunity because the team has not yet gone down?

Put it this way QPR conceded 73 goals despite Rob Green's best efforts (2nd highest number of saves in EPL, 3rd in Europes top 5 Leagues). He's an experienced 'keeper and proven Premier League quality, should he not be allowed to leave QPR to join a Premier League side? He's done his job to the best of his not inconsiderable ability and he's unable to fashion chances, to control the tempo, to score goals or win the ball back in the middle of the park...

It is inconceivable to me that you think it's reasonable to restrict the free movement of an employee when relegation is not likely to be a personal failure on their part. I understand you want to punish poor performance and reward contribution, but your suggestion is unlawful, unfair and unworkable.

As I've said a few times, and to which you've yet to give a satisfactory response, is it not more reasonable to apply performance related pay across the board? With the increased reliability of statistics from OPTA and their counterparts, it is possible to more accurately judge whether a player is performing in their role efficiently. Be they marked on yards covered and tackles attempted/made or dribbles attempted and chances created, or whatever.