Jonas Gutierrez and Ryan Taylor released

Haydnator

Charnley is such a stupid cunt. With this one thoughtless act, he not only made the club look like idiots in the media yet again, he also made sure that the topic of idle conversation for the rest of the day at that course was how badly run NUFC is. It's infuriating to think how many well connected people in football ended up hearing that bit of gossip.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because up until then, the football community thought we were well run?

I'm with Makom on this. It's such a simple thing to get right, and after a statement from the owner, you'd think the priority would be to present the image that a new leaf has been turned. Even if it's not the case with regards to how the club is run, just don't release someone over somebody else's phone.

Biggest frustration with this club is how easy it would be to get 90% of the nonsense right, which would have a positive cumulative effect.

Just a thought. If you had been in a job for a few years and you were then told your contract would not be renewed due to your repeated illness would you expect a meeting /call/ letter with a) the owner B) The Managing Director c) Your immediate boss

If I was a soldier I'd say an injury or illness could be a medical risk associated with the job. If I was a footballer I'd say injury was almost a guaranteed aspect of the job at some point and would expect support. At the very least I'd expect the courtesy of a face to face chat explaining the reasons and to be wished well in the future. Are you a cunt in general or just in a working environment?

Why the B) after the word owner, by the way?

If I was a soldier I'd say an injury or illness could be a medical risk associated with the job. If I was a footballer I'd say injury was almost a guaranteed aspect of the job at some point and would expect support. At the very least I'd expect the courtesy of a face to face chat explaining the reasons and to be wished well in the future. Are you a cunt in general or just in a working environment?

Why the B) after the word owner, by the way?

putting a B behind a ) does that B)

Just a thought. If you had been in a job for a few years and you were then told your contract would not be renewed due to your repeated illness would you expect a meeting /call/ letter with a) the owner B) The Managing Director c) Your immediate boss

Too many variables to answer that. How many levels of management are there between me and the people you've mentioned? How sexy is my secretary? What sandwiches do they always run out of before I get to the on-site restaurant? Does Helen in HR have a picture of kitten accompanied by a trite phrase beneath it's doe eyes?

Edited by The Fish

In any normal job, you'd expect a face to face meeting with the person who has the power to renew your contract. I'm not seeing any good reason why it should be any different in a football club. In a top class company, you'd even expect a debrief so the company can learn from any feedback given by you as a departing employee, who is suddenly able to speak freely about how he sees the company.

any feedback given by you as a departing employee, who is suddenly able to speak freely about how he sees the company.

You're all a pack of cunts. May I have a written reference please?

Works every time.