4-2-3-1

TheGingerQuiff

if either player leaves their full back exposed, which i'm not sure they would, they can switch flanks.

they've all been awful lately but i don't think sissoko deserves to be anywhere near the starting lineup on recent form, the gutless turd.

at least townsend has looked like he gives a shite when he's played. i'd start him, if he's fit.

Don't disagree with this, but playing wijnaldum out on the wing would, imo, expose Colback/Aarons and when they'd be facing MAhrez, I don't know if that's a good idea. At least with a 4231 there's more cover?

I dunno, I'm sure Rafa knows more about this sort of thing :D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Doumbia given a go. Even if he's not match fit, see what he can do and then replace him as he tired.

Not seen anything in him yet to make me think he's a better bet than Mitrovic/Perez up front. At least those two have shown, in glimpses at least, their quality/potential.

Don't disagree with this, but playing wijnaldum out on the wing would, imo, expose Colback/Aarons and when they'd be facing MAhrez, I don't know if that's a good idea. At least with a 4231 there's more cover?

I dunno, I'm sure Rafa knows more about this sort of thing :D

that's just the lineup i'd play.

i imagine rafa will stick with 4-3-2-1. his first mission will be to make us tough to beat and an away draw at the league leaders would be a decent starting point.

He hasn't started yet!! :lol:

... right, so why would you start him in a key game?

It's not like he's been coming off the bench and changing the game, is it?

... right, so why would you start him in a key game?

It's not like he's been coming off the bench and changing the game, is it?

He came off the bench with 15 mins to in the Chelsea hammering and 5 mins to go against Stoke :lol:

Have a word with yourself.

He's a player that can score goals that we haven't tried yet where as we have tried various combinations of Petez / Mitrovic with no success.

He came off the bench with 15 mins to in the Chelsea hammering and 5 mins to go against Stoke :lol:

Have a word with yourself.

He's a player that can score goals that we haven't tried yet where as we have tried various combinations of Petez / Mitrovic with no success.

You're not answering the question Hyacinth, what have you seen in his play that makes you think he's the man to lead the line away to Leicester? Does he hold the ball up better than Mitrovic, does he link play like Perez & Mitro? is he an instinctive finisher like Perez? What makes you think we should throw the dice on a OAP-looking chap who's done exactly fuck all? Is it that you think he'll play well alongside Sylvain Marveaux? :lol:

You're not answering the question Hyacinth, what have you seen in his play that makes you think he's the man to lead the line away to Leicester? Does he hold the ball up better than Mitrovic, does he link play like Perez & Mitro? is he an instinctive finisher like Perez? What makes you think we should throw the dice on a OAP-looking chap who's done exactly fuck all? Is it that you think he'll play well alongside Sylvain Marveaux? :lol:

He can score goals and we haven't tried him yet. We have the other two. ;)

Your not starting him because "you haven't seen anything from him yet" based on two short sub appearances. One in a hammering and one with 5 minutes to go. :lol:

How are you going to "see anything from him" if we don't give him a go. :lol:

There's probably a reason we have t seen much of him, CT, and I suspect it's the same reason we haven't seen much of Marveaux.

Benitez rates Perez so he's looking like starting.

Mitrovic and Perez at least have some experience. This doumbia 'kid' :lol: smacks of a Chucky type desperation signing. He's done fuck all in serie a where contrary to years gone by, it's easier to score over there than here.

He can score goals and we haven't tried him yet. We have the other two. ;)

Your not starting him because "you haven't seen anything from him yet" based on two short sub appearances. One in a hammering and one with 5 minutes to go. :lol:

How are you going to "see anything from him" if we don't give him a go. :lol:

Afonso Alves scored a shit ton of goals before Middlesbrough signed him. He scored the square root of fuck all for them. (I reference him because while Doumbia has a decent record in Russia, he's not guaranteed to score goals in the Premier League)

I'd choose to start one of (or both) young striker who've shown they can score goals in the Premier League and whose all-round play is greater than that I've seen Doumbia provide.

I'm hoping to see something from him by increasing the time he plays bit by bit. He's done nowt to deserve a start and he would have been risked for longer earlier if he was doing it in training. He didn't even get the nod ahead of Riviere for fucks sake and you want to throw him in away to the champions elect? :lol:

I get that you like the fringe players, but I fear you mistake sound assessment for hope.

Edited by The Fish

Mitrovic and Perez at least have some experience. This doumbia 'kid' :lol: smacks of a Chucky type desperation signing. He's done fuck all in serie a where contrary to years gone by, it's easier to score over there than here.

He had a shit time in his 13 appearances in Italy, previous to that he's over a goal every two games man.

Afonso Alves scored a shit ton of goals before Middlesbrough signed him. He scored the square root of fuck all for them.

I'd choose to start one of (or both) young striker who've shown they can score goals in the Premier League and whose all-round play is greater than that I've seen Doumbia provide.

I'm hoping to see something from him by increasing the time he plays bit by bit. He's done nowt to deserve a start and he would have been risked for longer earlier if he was doing it in training. He didn't even get the nod ahead of Riviere for fucks sake and you want to throw him in away to the champions elect? :lol:

I get that you like the fringe players, but I fear you mistake sound assessment for hope.

Barring 13 appearances in Italy he's a natural goal scorer.

Madness not to give him a go when scoring is such a big problem. :lol:

He had a shit time in his 13 appearances in Italy, previous to that he's over a goal every two games man.

In the Russian league, where Ferreyra looked a world beater.

Barring 13 appearances in Italy he's a natural goal scorer.

Madness not to give him a go when scoring is such a big problem. :lol:

So, barring a stint in a good league he's scored lots?
So did Alves
Edited by The Fish

The talk about Doumbia not being fit btw. :lol: He's been here about 6 weeks. That's like half a training camp for a world title fight. He must be absolutely shit, massively overweight when he arrived or both.

Why did he have a shit time? Why did he only start 13 times? Why did we get him on loan? Why start a player with that recent past history in our position?

The best players are the ones you've never seen? Or something

The talk about Doumbia not being fit btw. :lol: He's been here about 6 weeks. That's like half a training camp for a world title fight. He must be absolutely shit, massively overweight when he arrived or both.

The weight of CT's expectations have dragged him down.

Goal percentages.

Doumbia 56%

Mitrovic 41%

Perez 38%

Now I'm no Benitez, but in a team struggling to score I know what I would do.

goal percentages? Do you mean Goals per game? Or Goals per shots?