New Phone

wykikitoon

Been looking at the specs coming out today about the upcoming LG V20.  Ticks every one of my boxes, but worried on price as the V10 was $700 :o

Hope it''s more reasonable.  If it is I'll forego the dual SIM I wanted from a Oneplus 3 and go that way.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/lg-v20-1328026/review

I can't answer your question because I simply cannot understand the argument of your many experts and why they would enforce DRM via hardware rather than a much simpler software solution.

Basically your many experts can suck deez nuts.

You can't download via Apple Music on to the phone and then play that via other apps that are designed for broadcast e.g DJAY. So ewerk is right, they do it via software as the hardware can't tell if it's for performance - it's just a connector and that connector can be domestic so they won't restrict it. They do restrict it when the music is going to be played publicly via software. These experts obviously dont know this as hey don't use the products and are not experts.

We'll see what happens the first time the Lifehacker sits in first class in his white suit and tries to play some tunes on his white noise cancelling Bose headphones and no sound comes through. There'll be nowt the matter.

Apple doesn't care (or they only do enough to secure the deals) it's the music companies that impose DRM. If the music is 'licensed' for home consumption then it's nonsense to suggest that the music companies will force Apple to do anything with the hardware. It is not possible for a device to know whether it is playing in a room to one person at home (allowed) or to one hundred people in a bar (not allowed). Even if the device knows what sort of playback system it is is connected to that system is irrelevant to DRM. Hence the so called experts are not experts. They are talking though their theoretical arses.

I will be dusting down the white linen suit for my trip to NY, going first class on the A380 to NY. I use Bluetooth headphone nowadays too so doesn't effect me. You do get Bose with the seat entertainment system on the 380 though.

Tbf, I told CT a tiny lie, Monday was the first days work I'd done since the 18th December last year though...we were at my parents over the weekend and the current Mrs PL drove them round the twist by leafing through the travel section of the papers; "ooh the Seychelles, looks nice there, shall we book it for Christmas?!" :lol:

Why are you taking Parky's missus to meet your parents????

Were all these camera features on the new iPhone expected?

2 back cameras. One Telephoto and one wide angle. 10 x Optical zoom.

Like the sound of them from a phone that slim.

The v20 has dual cameras front and back but not aware that any are telephoto.

"Apple Music has music that nobody else has"

Tim cook in his keynote.

Where DRM was previously used to stop iTunes music being played on other devices at the record companies insistence, why wouldn't aux removal be used for apples benifit to ensure this exclusive content is not played from any other source than Apple music?

Apple is going to stop me from playing music from my iPhone? :lol: What are you on about?

If you're listening to exclusive apple content without it having the exclusive apple content DRM why would they support your robbing from them?