Daryl Janmaat

Christmas Tree

That's the club's attitude. My answer would be to address the reasons they want to leave. Assure and prove to them that we can match their ambitions etc.

And how would you address a 28 year old's desire for Champions League football immediately, exactly? Do we just bung UEFA? Ask the other CL teams if they can let us take their place, and turn on the waterworks if we say no?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can, but won't is more accurate. And that's why I'm not lending them my enthusiasm on these deals. The cunts.

No - we wont compete with some clubs but we can't compete with Arsenal or PSG.

It's economics - fair enough PSG have cheated but a year ago Arsenal had cash reserves of about £200m...

And how would you address a 28 year old's desire for Champions League football immediately, exactly? Do we just bung UEFA? Ask the other CL teams if they can let us take their place, and turn on the waterworks if we say no?

Where did I say we could? Are you suggesting they're making strides to address these kinds of desires long term? Because I can dig out some quotes from a fans forum meeting that will tell you otherwise, friend!

No - we wont compete with some clubs but we can't compete with Arsenal or PSG.

It's economics - fair enough PSG have cheated but a year ago Arsenal had cash reserves of about £200m...

I was more referring to the club having ambitions that match the players. If he was in two minds, coming out and saying that we're not interested in winning things probably swayed him. Not signing anybody for a year and a half and those quotes should have left nobdy in any kind doubt about what kind of club they're at. How we're still managing to sign anybody of any quality at all baffles.

Where did I say we could? Are you suggesting they're making strides to address these kinds of desires long term? Because I can dig out some quotes from a fans forum meeting that will tell you otherwise, friend!

You didn't say we could, but that we should. Semantics, like. It wouldn't make any odds in this case anyway, he's 28 and he wanted an immediate move to a club competing in the Champions League. We couldn't provide that in a workable timeframe, even if we wanted to, so he left and we replaced him.

Edited by Inochi

i think most of acknowledge that we are a selling club under ashley. every player has his price as long as the fat cunt is in charge.

but most of of us would be more prepared to accept this position when done in the right way. in other words, don't sell a player without bringing in a replacement that looks capable of filling his shoes, or not replacing him at all. like last season's cabaye debacle.

so far in this window, we seem to have gone about our business in the right way. players signed before the season starts for once. players that were sold - or are about to be sold - slowly starting to be replaced by some promising looking international players.

i have no idea why he's actign now? did he listen to supporters' complaints about the lack of activity in the january window? i doubt ashley listens to anyone tbh, otherwise he'd have sacked pardew by now. but hopefully this transfer activity trend will continue until the end of the window and we won't be left with a wafer thin squad. but you never know with ashley. i've given up trying to predict his next move.

If the players that come to us then decide to leave because we don't match their ambitions, then who's fault is it? I mean, if they are as ambitious and as good as they make out then they should be helping the club into the ambitious position they desire.

What the players really mean is, they are not prepared to stay and achieve their ambition because they prefer to find bigger clubs that pay much higher wages, or in some cases , smaller clubs.

I mean, was Sammi Nasri being ambitious when he left Arsenal for Man city or just a greedy little bastard?

I want players at Newcastle united who are prepared to give their last breath for the time they are here and to nail their colours to the mast to help the club achieve a better standing.

I couldn't give a shit if Messi signed for us, then bailed out in short order. He would be a shithouse to me, unless he stipulated that he was here short term to help us out.

We knew that with Remy. We also knew that with Ba...so I wasn't arsed when they went, even though they done the business for us short term. If their minds are elsewhere, then they cease to exist for me, once they deck out.

I want players like Coloccini and Jonas in terms of loyalty and mindset and obviously the required quality. I want to see that type of player who actually remains a fan after leaving the club on the right terms.

Obviously the big clubs are going to tempt players away at certain times...and when that happens, we have to play hard ball and get the best possible price...which we do.

Years ago under Shepherd, we would have let those players go for peanuts.

One thing about Newcastle, now...is...we don't get messed around or fleeced. If clubs don't play ball either transfers in or out, we simply stand fast. It might not be a perfect fans policy, because it means we lose out on some players whilst gaining on outgoings...but over the long term by hook and by crook, we will ultimately end up as a true strongarm club in the premier, whilst the money no object star chasing clubs are shaking their piggy banks for scraps.

Edited by wolfy

You didn't say we could, but that we should. Semantics, like. It wouldn't make any odds in this case anyway, he's 28 and he wanted an immediate move to a club competing in the Champions League. We couldn't provide that in a workable timeframe, even if we wanted to, so he left and we replaced him.

He said he missed the Champions League. What's to say if we'd signed players in the last two windows and addressed gaps in our squad that he might not have been more optimistic about achieving his goals here? The club how shown, as well as openly admitted, that it isn't ambitious. If there is a way of keeping players with these kinds of ambitions, NUFC has shown us the exact opposite really, hasn't it?

Not that it matters but Debuchy is 29 in a few days. This is very shrewd business based on what I've heard and read.

Shame some have to spin (pun intended) everything to portray it as negative as possible.

That effects his sell on value, not his ability. He's just coming into his prime. He's going to play his best couple of years at a different club. Good 'business' though. ££££ :thumbup::happygirl::bloodywank:

We were very close to the Champions League (and relegation...) not too long ago. I'm sure new players are aware of this, however fortunate we were to get to that position.

The quality we're bringing in so far for once at least hints at a little ambition.

There are few players in the league who'd say no when a club like Arsenal comes calling. I'd wager that if Debuchy was at Man Utd and Arsenal were interested he'd still be tempted. Purely because he's more or less 29, at the peak of his powers, and is desperate to be playing in Europe at this stage.

They aren't addressing that problem and we know they aren't interested in that. But we can still be happy enough that these deals might well improve on the dross we had to suffer last season.

It's not about praising Ashley, Pardew or anyone. All they are doing getting out of a situation they put us in. It's just about trying to get some enjoyment out of the club.

He said he missed the Champions League. What's to say if we'd signed players in the last two windows and addressed gaps in our squad that he might not have been more optimistic about achieving his goals here? The club how shown, as well as openly admitted, that it isn't ambitious. If there is a way of keeping players with these kinds of ambitions, NUFC has shown us the exact opposite really, hasn't it?

Spurs are edging ever nearer the CL but have spent 132m, 62m, 32m and 87m the last four seasons while recouping about 70% in outgoings (Mainly Bale and Modric).

They still have 5 clubs above them in the CL pecking order now that there is a resurgent Liverpool.

From our standing position we'd have to spend around 100m to just get close to where Spurs are. Not happening.

They aren't addressing that problem and we know they aren't interested in that. But we can still be happy enough that these deals might well improve on the dross we had to suffer last season.It's not about praising Ashley, Pardew or anyone. All they are doing getting out of a situation they put us in. It's just about trying to get some enjoyment out of the club.

Absolutely.

We were very close to the Champions League (and relegation...) not too long ago. I'm sure new players are aware of this, however fortunate we were to get to that position.

The quality we're bringing in so far for once at least hints at a little ambition.

There are few players in the league who'd say no when a club like Arsenal comes calling. I'd wager that if Debuchy was at Man Utd and Arsenal were interested he'd still be tempted. Purely because he's more or less 29, at the peak of his powers, and is desperate to be playing in Europe at this stage.

We're selling players for more than we're signing them for man :lol: It's not ambition it's a no brainer. Their ambition is to make a profit on them. Christ.

If Janmaat is as good as Debuchy (based on world cup performances seems reasonable) and we've held on confirming his departure to Arsenal until we secured the replacement and he is half the cost, then its good business.

We're selling players for more than we're signing them for man :lol: It's not ambition it's a no brainer. Their ambition is to make a profit on them. Christ.

They could be shit journeymen like what Villa are signing. That's what I was getting at. They're good players regardless of what they cost.

They aren't addressing that problem and we know they aren't interested in that. But we can still be happy enough that these deals might well improve on the dross we had to suffer last season.

It's not about praising Ashley, Pardew or anyone. All they are doing getting out of a situation they put us in. It's just about trying to get some enjoyment out of the club.

Selling one of the few positives from last season and replacing with a cheaper player, unproven in the league isn't going to improve the dross.

If Janmaat is as good as Debuchy (based on world cup performances seems reasonable) and we've held on confirming his departure to Arsenal until we secured the replacement and he is half the cost, then its good business.

That Villa defender looked a top player in the same team. I don't think it's reasonable to draw that conclusion from a handful of games in a different environment.