Newcastle V Leeds // Friday 14th April // 7.45 KO

Anorthernsoul

NUFC V LEEDS  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good performance though. We'll have no bother with promotion if we play anything like that. 

Aye.

Would have been nice to battle to the end with Brighton, but promotion is all that matters.  Just want to see that asap now.

Let's get the fecking fucking fuck out of this cunt of a league with this officiating.  Would have been at least 2 to the good had the most blatant pen I've seen in a while been given.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he missed the tackle. As usual.

Absolute bollocks man, one of us needs to see the replay again.

Did he miss a tackle prior to taking him out?

Colback cynically took the lad down to kill the break which was right no issue with that what so ever.

lascelles being in no mans land leaving his man entirely free for the goal was the issue, just entirely switched off defending

Exactly.

Will be actively supporting anyone-but-Leeds in the playoffs.

Mitro was superb tonight btw.  If he could just become a 1-in-2 striker he'd be colossal.

Absolute bollocks man, one of us needs to see the replay again.

Did he miss a tackle prior to taking him out?

Yes the bloke danced past him - that's why he had to foul him. As usual.

Not happy again, but that's because we dropped 2 points after playing some really decent football for a change. Sad it had to finish that way but the fault really lies with the fact that we didn't bury them and make it impossible for them to gain anything from the game, heaven knows we had the upper hand and lots of chances.

Yes the bloke danced past him - that's why he had to foul him. As usual.

Seemed like he sprinted across and had one chance to take him out to me.

Aye.

Would have been nice to battle to the end with Brighton, but promotion is all that matters.  Just want to see that asap now.

Let's get the fecking fucking fuck out of this cunt of a league with this officiating.  Would have been at least 2 to the good had the most blatant pen I've seen in a while been given.

Honestly it would barely be a race if we hadn't been completely fucked out of about 10 points from shambolic referees all season long. Today shows exactly the sort of bollocks we've had to deal with all season, Huddersfield get a soft as fuck pen in the 96th minute to win the match, Brighton get an offside goal to end the first half, meanwhile our lot get wiped out numerous times by the same fucking players, grabbed round the throat and hoyed over, two handed grabs on one arm and dragged down in the box, all resulting in fuck all given.

None of that excuses the defending at the end for their goal but Leeds absolutely should have been down to 10 men, Bartley was a fucking disgrace for the whole game, and that was a stone wall penalty.

Don't know why Noelie is moaning, we had plenty of good chances but Green was actually excellent in goal today and the Leeds players were hoying themselves in front of it to block other attempts. As Billy Whitehurst is saying that was a good performance against one of the strongest sides in the league and if we play anything approaching that the last few games there's no danger of anyone catching us. Before Rafa come along we'd never control a game for 90 minutes like that, we'd get a decent 45 but never two halves like that.

Edited by Howay

Sure Lascelle's scored our goal, but I fault him for allowing Woods to score their equalizer.

Gouffran was a bit anonymous, but I expected that.

Mbemba is beginning to show his earlier promise

Nitro put in a good shift even if he didn't score.

Perez is still a lightweight and wastes good chances.

Good to see Yedlin is back in contention.

Good shift put in by Hayden, glad to see him back.

The tackle that Colback put in, is exactly what I would have done in the same situation.

All in all we played some much better than before stuff, just too bad we fucked-up in stoppage time and didn't get the 3 points we deserved.

Edited by Noelie

Sure Lascelle's scored our goal, but I fault him for allowing Woods to score their equalizer.

Mbemba is beginning to show his earlier promise, he caused their defense problems.

The tackle that Colback put in, is exactly what I would have done in the same situation.

All in all we played some much better than before stuff, just too bad we fucked-up in stoppage time and didn't get the 3 points we deserved.

That's more like it. Gouffran did put in a good cross which led to our goal to be fair to him. This is the best side we had left to play by an absolute mile, anything resembling that performance and we'll be comfortable over the next 4.

Mbemba is beginning to show his earlier promise

Totally agree with all of that, @@Noelie.

Fuck all point in Lascelles sticking them in at the other end if he can't get the basics right.

That's more like it. Gouffran did put in a good cross which led to our goal to be fair to him. This is the best side we had left to play by an absolute mile, anything resembling that performance and we'll be comfortable over the next 4.

Also had that effort off the post which he created well for himself.  Had forgotten about that.

Also had that effort off the post which he created well for himself.  Had forgotten about that.

Aye the one where that shitter with medical tape round his napper had tried to foul him just before it. 

After watching that I'll be rooting against them in the play-offs, dirty as owt that lot man.

The game should have been dead and buried, we absolutely battered them for the majority of the game but spurned chance after chance. They literally had one opportunity in the second half and took it.  It's safe to say Mitrovic will put a shift in every day of the week but he will never score the goals we expect for a forward player, he's a yard too slow and his instinct around the box just isn't there compared to Gayle.

Why did he take Hayden off? We had full control of the midfield until he went off, we were all over the place and nearly got caught on the break a few times in the last 10 minutes and paid the price for it. Also we were trying to score the second in injury time instead of holding the ball in the corner. It was 94 minutes and Mitro had it down there, that looked like it was game over. Somehow we conceded  :bag_on_head:  

The way the results are falling recently it's looking worrying, the luck and the very suspect officiating definitely aren't on our side.