SJW Snowflakes

adios

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Although i daresay he'll land on his feet as a critic of the SJWs and will end up earning more than he did at Google, given the perverse way these things work.

You're probably right. Failing upwards, the preserve of the truly downtrodden. :D

19 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

You're probably right. Failing upwards, the preserve of the truly downtrodden. :D

I like the term 'falling upwards', I'll have to remember that.

But yeah, I guess that's one of the benefits to having a counter culture in this sort of scenario. Well, for this guy at least.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Well into Eurovision, is forever posting Europop videos from (what looks like) the 80s (the most gay-friendly decade in music), can cook, takes really good care of his body, has a barbed tongue, is often the first to post that picture of Keane and van Nistelrooy...what more clues did you need?

You forgot keeps mentioning his 'girlfriend'. :D

1 hour ago, Park Life said:

You forgot keeps mentioning his 'girlfriend'. :D

He doesn't mention his girlfriend, that's meeeeeeewwwwaitaminute!

42 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If you reacted to fascism by blowing up the planet, would that be an overreaction?

FFS. The level of dialogue on this man :lol: 

you're right. let's get around the table with them and see if a consensus can be reached :lol:

maybe we can offer blood, see if they can compromise over the soil? 

give them the jews, see if we can keep the blacks

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you're right. let's get around the table with them and see if a consensus can be reached :lol:

maybe we can offer blood, see if they can compromise over the soil? 

give them the jews, see if we can keep the blacks

All I'm saying here, is that the media are becoming hysterical about these issues.

White nationalists haven't suddenly appeared. They've been going for ages. Where was the 'no such thing as an overreaction' rhetoric when they were all dossing about online?

As for the consensus, you know you're mischaracterizing my earlier points there. I've said repeatedly that there is no point in dialogue with out and out nazis. It's the one's they're trying to appeal to that we need to reach.

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

All I'm saying here, is that the media are becoming hysterical about these issues.

White nationalists haven't suddenly appeared. They've been going for ages. Where was the 'no such thing as an overreaction' rhetoric when they were all dossing about online?

As for the consensus, you know you're mischaracterizing my earlier points there. I've said repeatedly that there is no point in dialogue with out and out nazis. It's the one's they're trying to appeal to that we need to reach.

right, the people who weren't at that rally, in other words. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

right, the people who weren't at that rally, in other words. 

The ones whose families were horrified and appalled that their sons had attended, and have subsequently disowned them. They are people who weren't brought up as nazis, who ended up there due to their own insecurity, and who could have been (maybe still could be) turned around.

To assume otherwise is effectively to throw in the towel because it's easier to just hate people and draw a line under it. Fair enough if that's your view on it, but it isn't mine.

From the Guardian:

"Before the 2016 election, many white Americans felt marginalized – relegated in the country they once defined. Many, particularly those in post-industrial regions, had lost once stable jobs and their income has declined. Far worse for many, they felt like they had lost their sense of political clout and social status in American society.

During three years of polling and fieldwork in white working-class communities leading up to Trump’s election, I found this marginality anchored by three key sentiments – that many white Americans feel outnumbered, excluded and discriminated against.

In data from the nonpartisan, nationally representative American National Election Study (Anes) survey in 2016, white working-class people are more likely to deny the advantages that white people continue to possess, and express a sense that they are subject to unique disadvantages that reinforce their externality. A near majority of white working-class people – white people without university degrees – believed that being white made no difference to their fate in today’s society.

Rather, white working-class people were more likely than others to believe their whiteness hurt them. The sample of people were asked: “How many disadvantages do white people have that minorities do not have in today’s society?” Compared with the rest of those surveyed, white working-class people were far less likely to say “none”.

However, white working-class people reveal a greater sensitivity to discrimination in all forms – as it hinders their own pursuits, but also as it hinders other constituencies. Still, they perceived discrimination against blacks, Hispanics and women far less than non-whites, and perceived discrimination against whites and Christians more than all others.

When compared with non-working-class white people, a greater share of white working-class people believed that losing jobs to minority candidates was “extremely” likely. They were also more likely to believe that “whites working together” is “extremely” important."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/18/donald-trump-fire-steve-bannon-white-house-nationalism

Edited by Rayvin

33 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The ones whose families were horrified and appalled that their sons had attended, and have subsequently disowned them. They are people who weren't brought up as nazis, who ended up there due to their own insecurity, and who could have been (maybe still could be) turned around.

To assume otherwise is effectively to throw in the towel because it's easier to just hate people and draw a line under it. Fair enough if that's your view on it, but it isn't mine.

you really think you can turn these people around? 

landscape-1502716514-gettyimages-8312218

charlottesville-nazis-940x540.jpg

3d0a6db5-d0e6-4bff-a60d-3c9aa5693517.jpg

white-supremacists-charlottesville-ap-im

063_830755842-e1502559266162.jpg

Who the fuck knows man, I said maybe. You're sidestepping the overall thrust of my points here. I'm sure there are people out there who were once nazis and who now aren't fwiw.

Bannon says the constant talk about racism by the left will keep giving him political capital to edge out the democrats, the Alt Right say the exact same things. Then we see that in 4 years, white working class America suddenly cares a lot more about their racial identity than they have done previously. The whole dialogue has become poisonous. It's a cancer and it's spreading.

Eventually there is going to be a left wing climb down on this, culturally, or we're going to see a race war, hot or cold. The right wants a race war because they'll win it, they're not going to climb down.

We do not have to be outmaneuvered here. We can absolutely peg them back. But we need an inclusive approach ffs.

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

fuck that

No solutions then.

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It is indeed powerful. Hopefully it resonates, although how many Jews voted for Trump in the first place? Surely they can't have been blind to the sort of person Bannon is?

Israel seems to back Trump though.