PRE-SEASON

Anorthernsoul

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

For a player playing at the highest level he lacks speed, technique, flexibilty, he doesn't read the game very well and has a poor temperament . Basically he's winging it.

He lacks speed and isn't a natural finisher but I think he's got the rest in spades.

Oh and I agree his temperament isn't right.

1 minute ago, adios said:

Aye, and what the fuck was he looking at the linesman for afterwards?  Desperately hoping they'd rewritten the offside rule over the summer?

:lol: Aye, it's a shame as I do genuinely want the lad to somehow get it together and become a solid defender but it's not happening. I'm not saying we're fucked if he starts the season but it just needs addressed after this many seasons of him being there if we ever want to properly improve. 

Just now, The Fish said:

I can't think of a game that he's really shown his purported quality. 

Hopefully he'll be used sparingly as he doesn't really seem to add anything to our defensive system, or going forward. 

At least Colback works hard defensively, even if it's for scant reward.

He can score a goal from 30 yards a couple times a season.  Maybe Rafa will just play him for those two games.

17 minutes ago, adios said:

I hope he proves me wrong but Diamé continues to look like a bargain bin Sissoko.

Aside from miscontrolling it into the top corner against Brighton, he hasn't put a foot right since he joined. He is absolute shite. Partnering him with the equally as shite Colback is like starting the game with nine men.

2 minutes ago, adios said:

He lacks speed and isn't a natural finisher but I think he's got the rest in spades.

Oh and I agree his temperament isn't right.

He moves like he's crippled with arthritis, if the ball isn't directly on his foot he's knackered. Very easy to defend against. 

1 minute ago, Anorthernsoul said:

For a player playing at the highest level Mitrovic lacks speed, technique, flexibilty, he doesn't read the game very well and has a poor temperament . Basically he's winging it.

He did all right in his debut season, has curtailed his misbehaviour and was very good linking up with runners in the Championship season too.  He had an all right Goals to minutes ratio and would maybe have scored more had he got more game time, but unfortunately for him (fortunately for us) he was behind a prolific striker.

But you've made your mind up so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Aside from miscontrolling it into the top corner against Brighton, he hasn't put a foot right since he joined. He is absolute shite. Partnering him with the equally as shite Colback is like starting the game with nine men.

:lol: It is a total disaster of a central midfield. The main thing Diame has over Sissoko despite being about as frustrating is he doesn't think he's a world class talent. 

I know I say it a lot but I genuinely look forward to the day where we don't have to watch Colback play. The lad is absolutely fucking tragic, it's actually impressive he has lasted this long as a professional football player never mind spending his whole career in the top two divisions. 

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He did all right in his debut season, has curtailed his misbehaviour and was very good linking up with runners in the Championship season too.  He had an all right Goals to minutes ratio and would maybe have scored more had he got more game time, but unfortunately for him (fortunately for us) he was behind a prolific striker.

But you've made your mind up so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bullshit man, I've watched him more than enough times to form a balanced opinion, and that balanced opinion is he's a waste of a shirt and will never score the goals we need to do anything that will be classed as successful at this club. Fuck him off now while there will be a decent fee involved. Get a GOALSCORER in.

I'm starting to lose my respect for you here.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

16 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Bullshit man, I've watched him more than enough times to form a balanced opinion, and that balanced opinion is he's a waste of a shirt and will never score the goals we need to do anything that will be classed as successful at this club. Fuck him off now while there will be a decent fee involved. Get a GOALSCORER in.

I'm starting to lose my respect for you here.

You're being hypercritical and I think I'm part of the reason for that. Maybe if I wasn't so vocal in my defence you wouldn't feel the need to go over the top. 

I don't think he'll ever be a 20 goals a season striker for Rafa's Newcastle, but the lad is a proven goal scorer at international level, he scored 9 in a shit team, has a decent Goal to minutes ratio and his reading of the game will improve with experience, as will his behaviour.

Sell him now and we'll get, what, £15-20m for him? We should sign a proven GOALSCORER like... who? Assombalonga? that's the level of player we can afford. I'd rather have Mitrovic than an average-to-good Championship striker. At least Mitrovic is passionate for the club.

As it stands he's the second best striker at the club. Give him another season, he'll still be young (He's only a year older than Ivan Toney ffs), he may be useful and he may prove some of his critics wrong. If he still doesn't prove worthwhile, sell him, it's not like his value will change that much. But while he's here support him.

Edited by The Fish

Just now, Howay said:

Perez man :lol:

He seems to get the luck of the bounce in the box a good amount, but so often he panics when the ball comes back. He had time to take a touch and either take the shot himself or, if rushed by a defender, pass to the now unmarked Gayle or Atsu.