The First Time you Flew

Pilchard Chops

I trust Rob's opinion on this one, who can doubt that he hasn't experienced death in a plane crash ??

Lets face it, he's done everything else !

:icon_lol:

86532[/snapback]

Yes - and I'm in a Limbo where every year people say "we're going to win the Cup" and we don't...

Groundhog Day has nowt on this....................... <_<:):scare:

God knows what I did wrong in my last life - the one where I was Ozymandias King of Kings :P:steamtrain:

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During those 4 seconds thought Rob, do you claim they didn't feel a thing?

86533[/snapback]

I understand that the pilots last words in most accidents is "Ah SHIT!" -

I used to say that statistically you are more likely to die from a coconut falling on your head. But then when I was sunbathing in St Lucia last year, a coconut fell from a tree and missed my head by about 6 inches. Judging by the weight of it, I reckon a direct hit could have killed me!  :icon_lol:

Now I'm scared of coconuts as well.  :steamtrain:

86530[/snapback]

So the list of things you're scared of so far is:

Planes

Coconuts

Mice that emerge from video recorders. :P

Owt else? <_<

I used to say that statistically you are more likely to die from a coconut falling on your head. But then when I was sunbathing in St Lucia last year, a coconut fell from a tree and missed my head by about 6 inches. Judging by the weight of it, I reckon a direct hit could have killed me!  :icon_lol:

86530[/snapback]

Planes

Coconuts

Owt else? <_<

86539[/snapback]

Showers.

86530[/snapback]

Planes

Coconuts

Owt else? <_<

86539[/snapback]

Showers.

86541[/snapback]

Forgot about them, the griftin little get!

86530[/snapback]

Planes

Coconuts

Owt else? <_<

86539[/snapback]

Showers.

86541[/snapback]

86543[/snapback]

Fuck off, we shower the same amount, just at different times! Just because I don't suffer from night sweating and bed wetting like you....

86530[/snapback]

Planes

Coconuts

Owt else? <_<

86539[/snapback]

Showers.

86541[/snapback]

86543[/snapback]

Fuck off, we shower the same amount, just at different times! Just because I don't suffer from night sweating and bed wetting like you....

86545[/snapback]

No nightsweats here daft lad. You stink - FACT!

Well it happens bloody quickly - they know this from actual incidents - like that business jet that flew right across the USA  before crashing - fighter pilots  could see the crew slumped in the cockpit ........ they reckon you've only got a few seconds at high altitude

86472[/snapback]

Was that the one with the golfer on board, Payne Stewart?

You're statistically more likely to die showering than you are flying :steamtrain:

86549[/snapback]

My brothe was once electrocuted in the shower because the stupid plumber put a nail straight through the power cable. Fortunately, the fuse blew immediately.

I've been a bit scared of electric showers since.... :P

You're statistically more likely to die showering than you are flying :icon_lol:

86549[/snapback]

My brothe was once electrocuted in the shower because the stupid plumber put a nail straight through the power cable. Fortunately, the fuse blew immediately.

I've been a bit scared of electric showers since.... :steamtrain:

86553[/snapback]

What was your brother doing showering with the plumber? :P Not the only nail he drove home that day tbh.

"There is evidence (medical data) that at least some of the astronauts were still alive after the Challenger Space Shuttle exploded after take-off...."

Christ man - it disintegrated in 4 seconds

http://history.nasa.gov/rogersrep/genindex.htm

http://science.ksc.nasa.gov/shuttle/missio...docs/events.txt

Shows the fire was noticed at around 73 secs, the last radio transmission was at 74.1 seconds and the whole thing disintegrated in a fireball at 78 seconds with major bits (like the wings) going all over the place

It was travelling at Mach 1.8 at 46,000 ft  - no-one survived that...............

86531[/snapback]

Aye, cos NASA are going to officially admit that they were still alive after the explosion... :steamtrain:

It was the same mole who exposed the fact that he told them if you launch the shuttle with the temperature so low, it'll blow up who stated he'd seen the medical readings which proved that some of them were still alive for a period afterwards...

Many reckon that the cockpit of the shuttle actually remained intact as it decended to earth and think they can see it on the footage...

Seeing as he was right about the low temperatures fucking up the O-rings in the SRB, I believe him over you Rob... :P

How would NASA have even the remotest idea that they were alive after the explosion though? Presumably the explosion caused everything to......explode.....preventing them from knowing anything about what was going on up there?

How would NASA have even the remotest idea that they were alive after the explosion though?  Presumably the explosion caused everything to......explode.....preventing them from knowing anything about what was going on up there?

86560[/snapback]

NASA have powerful telescopes. FACT. They pointed Hubble towards the plumpeting cockpit and the crew were still alive, quite happy and not suffering in the slightest. Rob will back me up on this one.

"There is evidence (medical data) that at least some of the astronauts were still alive after the Challenger Space Shuttle exploded after take-off...."

Shows the fire was noticed at around 73 secs, the last radio transmission was at 74.1 seconds and the whole thing disintegrated in a fireball at 78 seconds with major bits (like the wings) going all over the place

It was travelling at Mach 1.8 at 46,000 ft  - no-one survived that...............

86531[/snapback]

Aye, cos NASA are going to officially admit that they were still alive after the explosion... :steamtrain:

It was the same mole who exposed the fact that he told them if you launch the shuttle with the temperature so low, it'll blow up who stated he'd seen the medical readings which proved that some of them were still alive for a period afterwards...

Seeing as he was right about the low temperatures fucking up the O-rings in the SRB, I believe him over you Rob... :P

86558[/snapback]

There was a documentary on this just a week or two back. It said the crew survived the expolsion as the cockpit is designed to break away after an accident. Think the impact of the 'pod' hitting the sea killed them (I'm guessing if it had something like emergency parachutes they were too badly damaged to deploy).

How would NASA have even the remotest idea that they were alive after the explosion though?  Presumably the explosion caused everything to......explode.....preventing them from knowing anything about what was going on up there?

86560[/snapback]

If the capsule survived maybe it was still transmitting vital signs for a period?

86560[/snapback]

Rob told them :P

Well for starters the astronauts all wear bio-med sensors and their medical stats are analysed by the flight surgeon in Mission Control.

In addition to that:

".... at least some of the crew were not only alive, but conscious, for at least a few seconds after the orbiter broke up. The forces of the breakup were not violent enough for a high probability of lethal injury, and some of the emergency-escape air packs had been turned on manually."

Source: http://www.fas.org/spp/51L.html

:P

86531[/snapback]

Aye, cos NASA are going to officially admit that they were still alive after the explosion... :icon_lol:

Seeing as he was right about the low temperatures fucking up the O-rings in the SRB, I believe him over you Rob... :steamtrain:

86558[/snapback]

There was a documentary on this just a week or two back. It said the crew survived the expolsion as the cockpit is designed to break away after an accident. Think the impact of the 'pod' hitting the sea killed them (I'm guessing if it had something like emergency parachutes they were too badly damaged to deploy).

86564[/snapback]

Fucking hell! :P

86560[/snapback]

Rob told them :steamtrain:

86567[/snapback]

:P

86531[/snapback]

Aye, cos NASA are going to officially admit that they were still alive after the explosion... :)

Seeing as he was right about the low temperatures fucking up the O-rings in the SRB, I believe him over you Rob... :icon_lol:

86558[/snapback]

86564[/snapback]

Fucking hell! :steamtrain:

86570[/snapback]

Renton's going nowhere near a shuttle now! :P

Keep this up lads, we'll make him a hermit! <_<