Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

Watched 25th Hour the other night. Edward Norton stars as a convicted heroin dealer and it's about his last 24 hours before he gets sent down. It's well written and the acting is superb. It's set in post 9/11 New York and it's a 'Spike Lee joint'. Well worth checking out.

• 3 weeks later...
A Very Long Engagement.

Touching.

34043[/snapback]

I just rented that. Not watched it yet though. Yesterday I watched Downfall, a German film about the last 10 days of world war 2 in Hitlers bunker. Excellent film. Mrs Goebbels is particularly shocking.

Took me mother to the flicks tonight to see Pride and Prejudice and I loved that too. Proper wifey film like but as a big fan of Moulin Rouge, that suits me down to the ground. I was never keen on Keira Knightley before, but I love her now.

Edited by Happy Face

A Very Long Engagement.

Touching.

34043[/snapback]

I just rented that. Not watched it yet though. Yesterday I watched Downfall, a German film about the last 10 days of world war 2 in Hitlers bunker. Excellent film. Mrs Goebbels is particularly shocking.

Took me mother to the flicks tonight to see Pride and Prejudice and I loved that too. Proper wifey film like but as a big fan of Moulin Rouge, that suits me down to the ground. I was never keen on Keira Knightley before, but I love her now.

42080[/snapback]

Pride and Prejudice is quite simply one of the best books ever written.

Not seen the film yet but heard mixed reviews. The BBC adaptation was a masterpiece mind you-can't believe it's 10 years old this year!

A Very Long Engagement.

Touching.

34043[/snapback]

42080[/snapback]

Not seen the film yet but heard mixed reviews. The BBC adaptation was a masterpiece mind you-can't believe it's 10 years old this year!

42646[/snapback]

:lol: tbh

A Very Long Engagement.

Touching.

34043[/snapback]

42080[/snapback]

42646[/snapback]

Got nowt on 'Wuthering Heights' like.

A Very Long Engagement.

Touching.

34043[/snapback]

42080[/snapback]

42646[/snapback]

42821[/snapback]

Thats horseshit tbh. FACT!

A Very Long Engagement.

Touching.

34043[/snapback]

42080[/snapback]

42646[/snapback]

42821[/snapback]

Thats horseshit tbh. FACT!

42823[/snapback]

I disagree, although 'Pride and Prejudice' is canny good.

A Very Long Engagement.

Touching.

34043[/snapback]

42080[/snapback]

42646[/snapback]

:lol: tbh

42818[/snapback]

Just not interested unless it's got a load of little men with big feet in it are you?

I s'pose role models are thin on the ground though. :huh:

Didn't have you down as a Jane Austen fan, Sammy!  :lol:

42824[/snapback]

I'm a bit of a devotee on the sly. Keep it under one of your (pink) hats though! :huh:

Actually I dont like all Austen. Mansfield Park for instance is utter shite, but Pride and Prejudice is just about the best characterisation you'll ever see in a novel. Talk about actually caring about the characters and wanting them to get it on.....!

Course neebodby could rip a good yarn quite like Dickens.

Didn't have you down as a Jane Austen fan, Sammy!  :lol:

42824[/snapback]

I'm a bit of a devotee on the sly. Keep it under one of your (pink) hats though! :huh:

Actually I dont like all Austen. Mansfield Park for instance is utter shite, but Pride and Prejudice is just about the best characterisation you'll ever see in a novel. Talk about actually caring about the characters and wanting them to get it on.....!

Course neebodby could rip a good yarn quite like Dickens.

42832[/snapback]

Tended to give his plots away by giving good characters names like 'Mrs Lovely' and the bad ones names like 'Mr Bastard' though.

I saw Pride and Prejudice the other week, I really enjoyed it. My future bride is as wonderful as ever, but I thought Donald Sutherland stole the show.

42829[/snapback]

Not to sound shallow or anything, (and I realise that this cant sound anything other than shallow), but I really do think an Austen hearoine (and Lizzie Bennett above all others) must have a thrusting bossom. Keira just doesnt deliver on that score. Also, whats her dimented grin about...?

'Great Expectations' is a great book, and the David Lean film with John Mills as 'Pip' is fantastic.

42833[/snapback]

Now you're talking.

A Tale of Two Cities is class an all.

Read Bleak House as well last summer. I think the BBC have just dramatised that one so i'm looking forward to seeing how that makes the transition.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times :lol:

42843[/snapback]

When I first read those opening lines my immediate thoughts were "Oh you complete gobshite!" but then when you get into the book you realise just how masterful they are.

Fancy a re-read of summat now.

I saw Pride and Prejudice the other week, I really enjoyed it. My future bride is as wonderful as ever, but I thought Donald Sutherland stole the show.

42829[/snapback]

Spot on.

Reminded me how amazing he is in JFK too so I went home and watched that. He's the only person that speaks for about half an hour when he meets Garrison in the park.

Absolute Legend!

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times :lol:

42843[/snapback]

When I first read those opening lines my immediate thoughts were "Oh you complete gobshite!" but then when you get into the book you realise just how masterful they are.

Fancy a re-read of summat now.

42846[/snapback]

Have you seen the adult version, 'A Tale of Two Titties'?

Taxi!