Film/moving picture show you most recently watched

Jimbo

What IS going on here today?

Chewing the fat over 19th century literature?

Mulling over Dickensian musings.

I'm not buying it.

The last film I watched was xXx.  :lol:

42852[/snapback]

To be fair, I did try and lower the tone.

Mulling over Dickensian musings.

I'm not buying it.

The last film I watched was xXx.  :lol:

42852[/snapback]

To be fair, I did try and lower the tone.

42853[/snapback]

Yes, you did. And just in time too.

Mulling over Dickensian musings?

I'm not buying it.

The last film I watched was xXx.  :huh:

42854[/snapback]

After a day of name calling us Northerners love nothing more than to kick back and emerse ourselves in the heavyweights of 19th century English literature.

Join us (if you can) you southern shandy drinking shithouse! :lol:

Eh, what's happened up there, a glitch in the space-time continuum?

42859[/snapback]

Maybe you're just clairvoyant and didnt know it. It would begin to explain the 'Mystic Meg' cape ensemble anyways.

I saw Pride and Prejudice the other week, I really enjoyed it. My future bride is as wonderful as ever, but I thought Donald Sutherland stole the show.

42829[/snapback]

Not to sound shallow or anything, (and I realise that this cant sound anything other than shallow), but I really do think an Austen hearoine (and Lizzie Bennett above all others) must have a thrusting bossom. Keira just doesnt deliver on that score. Also, whats her dimented grin about...?

42837[/snapback]

Hoorah! So it's not just me then! This bint is beginning to make a career out of that ridiculous 'grin'.

In the trailer for P&P (package and post? :lol: ) she must do that grimace around ten times!!!

42859[/snapback]

Maybe you're just clairvoyant and didnt know it. It would begin to explain the 'Mystic Meg' cape ensemble anyways.

42870[/snapback]

A tee-eem from the North-Ee-east will have a big win. Yeah right.

I saw Pride and Prejudice the other week, I really enjoyed it. My future bride is as wonderful as ever, but I thought Donald Sutherland stole the show.

42829[/snapback]

Not to sound shallow or anything, (and I realise that this cant sound anything other than shallow), but I really do think an Austen hearoine (and Lizzie Bennett above all others) must have a thrusting bossom. Keira just doesnt deliver on that score. Also, whats her dimented grin about...?

42837[/snapback]

Hoorah! So it's not just me then! This bint is beginning to make a career out of that ridiculous 'grin'.

In the trailer for P&P (package and post? :lol: ) she must do that grimace around ten times!!!

42878[/snapback]

Gorgeous eyes like.

42859[/snapback]

42870[/snapback]

42879[/snapback]

Actually, on reflection I'd say you're more Russell Grant.

42859[/snapback]

42870[/snapback]

42879[/snapback]

Actually, on reflection I'd say you're more Russell Grant.

42884[/snapback]

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Touching the void last night on More Four.

Documentary film about how a mountaineer survived against all odds to climb down a 20,000 foot mountain with no food, water, or cover with a shattered leg.

Brilliant film, totally awe inspiring and uplifting. The pain that man must have gone through to survive goes beyond words. I'm sure 99.999% of us would have given up and died in his position, I know I would have.

Touching the void last night on More Four.

Documentary film about how a mountaineer survived against all odds to climb down a 20,000 foot mountain with no food, water, or cover with a shattered leg.

Brilliant film, totally awe inspiring and uplifting. The pain that man must have gone through to survive goes beyond words. I'm sure 99.999% of us would have given up and died in his position, I know I would have.

45868[/snapback]

Wish I'd seen that. There were some fantastic documentaries on BBC Four a couple of years ago about Everest (for the 50th anniversary of the first summit). For every 6 people to have made a successful ascent 1 person has died trying.

Dog Soldiers again. Rarely watch a film more than once, but the lass hadn't seen it. Still quite canny ;) Some of the post production was done up here at a company next to where I used to work.

The bit where he's hammering the door shut is the best, cracks me up every time :razz:

Dog Soldiers again.  Rarely watch a film more than once, but the lass hadn't seen it.  Still quite canny ;) Some of the post production was done up here at a company next to where I used to work.

The bit where he's hammering the door shut is the best, cracks me up every time  :razz:

45875[/snapback]

Not a 'classic' but well funny.

Saw Platoon t'other night for the first time ever! :razz:

45879[/snapback]

It's a good film, but slightly overrated. I reckon Full Metal Jacket was better. Apocalypse Now was on again the other night. Now that is a film.

45879[/snapback]

It's a good film, but slightly overrated. I reckon Full Metal Jacket was better. Apocalypse Now was on again the other night. Now that is a film.

45880[/snapback]

Sorry, I meant Apocalypse now. ;)

45879[/snapback]

45880[/snapback]

Sorry, I meant Apocalypse now. ;)

45884[/snapback]

JWTBQFH

45879[/snapback]

45880[/snapback]

Sorry, I meant Apocalypse now. :icon_lol:

45884[/snapback]

JWTBQFH

45888[/snapback]

Schoolboy error.

Brando was fucking awesome in it to be fair. Stole the show for me. Excellent anti-war message. Can't wait for the educational computer game shoot em up simulator. ;)

Schoolboy error.

Brando was fucking awesome in it to be fair. Stole the show for me. Excellent anti-war message. Can't wait for the educational computer game shoot em up simulator. :razz:

45889[/snapback]

Glad you enjoyed it mate, probably one of my top 5 films ever. Excellent film with a great cast. Highlighted the madness of what was taking place in Vietnam.

Schoolboy error.

Brando was fucking awesome in it to be fair. Stole the show for me. Excellent anti-war message. Can't wait for the educational computer game shoot em up simulator. ;)

45889[/snapback]

Glad you enjoyed it mate, probably one of my top 5 films ever. Excellent film with a great cast. Highlighted the madness of what was taking place in Vietnam.

45894[/snapback]

Aye, I'd put it right up there myself an all.

Just one of those ones that had somehow passed me by all these years.

Could have used a Molly Ringwald cameo though if I'm being hyper-critical. :razz:

Edited by manc-mag

45879[/snapback]

45880[/snapback]

Sorry, I meant Apocalypse now. :D

45884[/snapback]

JWTBQFH

45888[/snapback]

Schoolboy error.

Brando was fucking awesome in it to be fair. Stole the show for me. Excellent anti-war message. Can't wait for the educational computer game shoot em up simulator. :icon_lol:

45889[/snapback]

Vietcong 2 is out shortly for Xbox and PC. Lets you kill gooks or yanks with equal impunity. Can't say fairer than that. And its so real you can almost smell the napalm, and if you play online, you might even be lucky enough to 'kill' someone from SE Asia. ;)

Aye, I'd put it right up there myself an all.

Just one of those ones that had somehow passed me by all these years.

Could have used Molly Ringwald cameo though if I'm being hyper-critical.  :razz:

45896[/snapback]

The documentary about the making of it - 'Hearts of Darkness' (the film is losely based on 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad) is also worth a watch. The amount of problems they encountered were ridiculous. Harvey Keitel was originally cast in Martin Sheen's role. After replacing Keitel, Martin Sheen had a heart attack. The film also went over budget and timescales massively (it was all filmed on location in S.E. Asia). The studio started pulling out and Coppola had to pour loads of his own money into it. Brando only turned up at the very end of filming and most of his scenes are in semi-darkness because he was so overweight. It all works beautifully in the end though.

Started watching that myself but after six months of getting up through the night to feed a baby there was no chance of me staying up to see it through.

Despite the brilliance of Brando and Duvall I still prefer Platoon. And I can't really get away with Full Metal Jacket at all. It starts off well and Vincent D'Nofrio and R Lee Emry are superb. But after the training section finishes it seemed to lack direction for me. But then I find that with nearly all of Kubirck's films.