Bruce back in for Butt?

Scottish Mag

My favourite memory of Nicky Butt is him shitting his pants after David Batty lifted him up by the neck in the 5-0 win over the Manc cunts 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nicky Butt has a reputation in Manchester/amongst Man Utd fans as a real and I mean real life hard man. Apparently he is from a proper hard family, might have shown it for us on the pitch if he could catch any fucker the slow cunt

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Butt:

“It took about six months for me to get the right club. City, Tottenham, and Arsenal all asked me, but I just wasn’t interested. I was interested in joining Newcastle because I’d played there for England Under-19s and loved the atmosphere.”

“It wasn’t too far from Manchester, there was no real hatred between the fans, Sir Bobby was a god and the first team was very good. They should have qualified for the Champions League, but it wasn’t to be.

“I had a tough start. I was injured when I first signed – I just didn’t tell the club that. But I was Newcastle’s captain for two years. It wasn’t too bad.”

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nicky-butt-no-regrets-leaving-23555644

Another old thread:

That positively reeks of Paul Stretford and Kenny Shepherd. Souness,  for all his blatant faults,  suffered from players being brought into the club to make money for the company the Chairman's son was working for. And obviously the Chairman's son got his cut too :cuppa:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

That positively reeks of Paul Stretford and Kenny Shepherd. Souness,  for all his blatant faults,  suffered from players being brought into the club to make money for the company the Chairman's son was working for. And obviously the Chairman's son got his cut too :cuppa:

Aye, wasn’t Streftford also Rooney’s agent? That bid for him in the summer of 2004 smacked all sorts of making Man Utd play their hand with no real intention of us signing him ourselves. Weren’t we managerless at the time as well?

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Aye, wasn’t Streftford also Rooney’s agent? That bid for him in the summer of 2004 smacked all sorts of making Man Utd play their hand with no real intention of us signing him ourselves. Weren’t we managerless at the time as well?

No, Robson was manager I'm sure. I seem to recall Bellamy not being too happy in an interview after the game about it and Robson being hard to read, whether he knew it was bollocks or genuinely thought we might get him?

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

No, Robson was manager I'm sure. I seem to recall Bellamy not being too happy in an interview after the game about it and Robson being hard to read, whether he knew it was bollocks or genuinely thought we might get him?

The game you’re talking about was the home draw against Norwich - Bellamy talking about himself in the 3rd person IIRC. 

Just looked up and that was the one before the Villa game (which was Robson’s last) so you’re right. Although I’m sure it was protracted and we allegedly put in a second bid AFTER Robson had gone. Rooney signed for them on 31st; Robson was sacked on the 30th. Typical NUFC. Sack a manager the day before the transfer window closes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig said:

who’s saying it didn’t? Plenty of players have joined new clubs when injured. The medical is there to identify underlying long term conditions that can affect the insurance premiums.

Craig ROUNDING ON wykiki again. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 5