Bruce's Dykes V Dyche's Burnley

trooper

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, Joelinton having a better game by his standards out wide and Almiron looking better centrally. We still have no final ball, think I’d like to see ASM come on. 

For sure, there's something about having a player with that spark to bring on, which is, I assume why Bruce didn't start him (or he's carrying a niggle). Dwight Gale has looked comfortably better than Joelinton up front, and Joe has been ok out wide. Still can't help but feel his skill set doesn't make him a good fit for any position in our team though.

1 minute ago, OTF said:

For sure, there's something about having a player with that spark to bring on, which is, I assume why Bruce didn't start him (or he's carrying a niggle). Dwight Gale has looked comfortably better than Joelinton up front, and Joe has been ok out wide. Still can't help but feel his skill set doesn't make him a good fit for any position in our team though.

Aye, I think Joelinton is clearly a wide player as he looks more comfortable there. As you say though there’s not really a natural fit, especially as ASM is better and Ritchies set pieces are sometimes pretty good. 

I really don’t think the commentators are watching the game. He just questioned playing Joelinton wide, while he’s having one of his better games for us, and keeps saying Bruce should try him through the middle. He then pondered if Southgate should pick Pope, Mee and Tarkowski together for England as they have a great understanding, in a game where they’re not looking great against Almiron and Gayle, but at the same time saying Almiron and Gayle aren’t working as a pairing. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

"Centre forward Dwight Gayle reporting for throw-in duty, SAH!"

Adobe_20200229_161409.jpg

Clark waiting patiently for his turn to shine.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Howay said:

The commentator mentioning Joelinton doing a decent job in a position he probably doesn’t favor, despite it being the type of position he played all of last season. 

Commentator must be drunk, it's the only thing that would explain his nonsense 

• Haha 1