Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

good old british common sense is going to save the day, apparently 

You mean like the Tory landslide, Brexit, and VE Day street parties? 

We’re fucked then :lol:

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Only just turned it on.  What's been said?

Starmer:  In the nicest possible way “ You haven’t got a clue what you’re doing, have you?”

Johnson “ Haa-ahh- Aaaarumph- well now-aaah-mmmph”

• Haha 3

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Only just turned it on.  What's been said?

he forensically tore apart the new guidelines, on issues such as transport, childcare, diversion with the devolved administrations. johnson bumbled his way through his response - putting his faith in good old british common sense while trusting employers to be reasonable

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he forensically tore apart the new guidelines, on issues such as transport, childcare, diversion with the devolved administrations. johnson bumbled his way through his response - putting his faith in good old british common sense while trusting employers to be reasonable

Starmer was given the paper detailing it all an hour before this live statement- as you say, he took it apart with clinical precision
Johnson’s lot wrote the fucking thing and he was treading water. :lol:

They've just had a taxi driver interviewed on the BBC. Here's the quote: "I looked at the stats myself and I worked it out to be about 0.1% chance of dying for people without underlying conditions of a certain age."

Another fucking maths whiz taxi driver. 

• Haha 3

I mean, has anyone at any point, over the past six weeks of lockdown, considered that what they really might be missing was the freedom to visit a fucking garden centre? 

• Haha 1

Good idea to send reception and nursery classes back first like. Because they are the least capable of understanding how to social distance and they are the most likely to not show symptoms whilst spreading the disease. It’s like a piss-take, man. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I mean, has anyone at any point, over the past six weeks of lockdown, considered that what they really might be missing was the freedom to visit a fucking garden centre? 

Well, not personally, but they’ll be fucking rammed when they open. I mean, a few of the people on the tills might die but as long as people can buy a new water feature, some fence paint and overpriced chutney it seems like a small price to pay

• Haha 1