Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Which is in turn paid for by the tax payers ...

Tax payers of the future, all this is going on tick.

I'm not  complaining, it's the right thing to do under the circumstances. But it should also be mentioned that all public sector workers are still required to work. So I'd hope we have less criticism from private sector workers "paying the wages" of public sector employees in future, considering we are paying them to take a 6 month holiday! 

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Unique, personal branding from the chancellor - and possibly tory leader in waiting. 

That hurts my eyes. Are the letters supposed to be 2m apart or what?

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Unique, personal branding from the chancellor - and possibly tory leader in waiting. 

No doubt about it I reckon....women like him & he’s a good communicator. Mind I wonder what hes like delivering bad news?  🤔

I think the absolute fuckin coating the Government has received since Sunday changed what he was going to announce today. Almost as if Bunter doesnt want to be unpopular. Who’d have thought?  🙄

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Tax payers of the future, all this is going on tick.

I'm not  complaining, it's the right thing to do under the circumstances. But it should also be mentioned that all public sector workers are still required to work. So I'd hope we have less criticism from private sector workers "paying the wages" of public sector employees in future, considering we are paying them to take a 6 month holiday!

:lol:

I wish!

There's fucking loads of non public sector workers already gone back or have never stopped in the first place. Can't believe this could be turned into a public Vs non public sector argument? :lol:

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

I wish!

There's fucking loads of non public sector workers already gone back or have never stopped in the first place. Can't believe this could be turned into a public Vs non public sector argument? :lol:

I'm not referring to you good hard working private sectors lads that have rolled up your sleeves and got on with it, like us good hard working public sector folks. I was referring to these lazy arsed, tax payer sponging, furloughed staff who are having beers and BBQs, and probably sex orgies, right now, at our expense! 

• Haha 1

My mate has just been put on furlough. He was sent home around six weeks ago because he was 'at risk' but was being paid by his company. Now he's been told he's furloughed and his company will top his 'govt wage' up to 100%. What happens if they stop the scheme? Will they put him on the sick? Expect him to go back to work? Would his work be liable if he croaked it if they made him go back? 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm not referring to you good hard working private sectors lads that have rolled up your sleeves and got on with it, like us good hard working public sector folks. I was referring to these lazy arsed, tax payer sponging, furloughed staff who are having beers and BBQs, and probably sex orgies, right now, at our expense! 

Sounds canny. Where can I sign up? :D

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

My mate has just been put on furlough. He was sent home around six weeks ago because he was 'at risk' but was being paid by his company. Now he's been told he's furloughed and his company will top his 'govt wage' up to 100%. What happens if they stop the scheme? Will they put him on the sick? Expect him to go back to work? Would his work be liable if he croaked it if they made him go back? 

Well he can relax until October at least I guess. Could be a lot worse. 

Just now, Renton said:

Well he can relax until October at least I guess. Could be a lot worse. 

He's trying to get back tbh. He's suggested an isolated role very similar to what he's already doing but they're not having it last I spoke to him?

34 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That hurts my eyes. Are the letters supposed to be 2m apart or what?

looks like he's going frankie goes to hollywood-style 80s chic

RISHI SAYS

RELAX

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

What people haven't mentioned is it's all fine and well announcing a furlough extension but some companies might not be able to last another 4 months with zero productivity.

Maybe we should consider telling coronavirus to shut up and go away.