Things you like...

Scottish Mag

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Techno, mainly because people don't really understand the term and assume it's all 2Unlimited type shite.

7911[/snapback]

tbh I'm in that group, care to enlighten us Alex?

what's the difference between techno, house, Hard house? ;)

Techno, mainly because people don't really understand the term and assume it's all 2Unlimited type shite.

7911[/snapback]

tbh I'm in that group, care to enlighten us Alex?

what's the difference between techno, house, Hard house? ;)

7931[/snapback]

No, to be honest I like the way the genre is esoteric. It's underground appeal helps set it apart from lots of other stuff :second:

B)

7911[/snapback]

Speaking of Techno, I started my prestigious DJ career with Happy Hardcore (Dougal, Vibes, Seduction et al) which now, I understand, has been pretty much replaced by Techno.

Which gives me another one to add to my list.

Being a D... um... turn-tableist!

No, to be honest I like the way the genre is esoteric. It's underground appeal helps set it apart from lots of other stuff :second:

B)

7933[/snapback]

I suffer from similar snobbery when it comes to music, I am one of these idiots who tramp around the country to watch the "next big thing" but tire of them as soon as they release their second album, declaring that they've sold out to fat cats and have lost the essence of their music.

it's all pretentious bollocks like, I just like to be the cool guy who knows all the new bands before anyone else. ;)

7911[/snapback]

To be fair alot if us realise its not like 2Unlimited but is if anything far, far worse to listen to! ;)

7911[/snapback]

Speaking of Techno, I started my prestigious DJ career with Happy Hardcore (Dougal, Vibes, Seduction et al) which now, I understand, has been pretty much replaced by Techno.

7934[/snapback]

Techno was around a long time before Happy Hardcore. As for Happy Hardcore being replaced by Techno, I don't think anyone has told the charvas yet.

7911[/snapback]

To be fair alot if us realise its not like 2Unlimited but is if anything far, far worse to listen to! ;)

7938[/snapback]

Wrong B)

7911[/snapback]

7938[/snapback]

Wrong B)

7940[/snapback]

Alright then, equally as shite as 2Unlimited :second:

B)

7933[/snapback]

I suffer from similar snobbery when it comes to music, I am one of these idiots who tramp around the country to watch the "next big thing" but tire of them as soon as they release their second album, declaring that they've sold out to fat cats and have lost the essence of their music.

it's all pretentious bollocks like, I just like to be the cool guy who knows all the new bands before anyone else. ;)

7937[/snapback]

To be honest, it's hard to define Techno as it can be anything from pretty ambient stuff to really hard music with lots in between. If you are genuinely interested in the History of DJ-ing/Dance Music 'Last Night A DJ Saved My Life' by Bill Brewster and Frank Broughton (I think) is an excellent book. Apparently Jimmy Saville was the first DJ ever to come up with the idea of using two turntables to reduce the gap between records.

7911[/snapback]

7938[/snapback]

Wrong B)

7940[/snapback]

Alright then, equally as shite as 2Unlimited :second:

7942[/snapback]

Shut it shortarse! ;)

too much music is just dumped in to the genre of Techno when it's something totally different

a bit like defining a song as "Dance"

how to annoy a DJ instead of requesting a song just say "can you play something good", it really pisses me off ;)

7911[/snapback]

7934[/snapback]

Techno was around a long time before Happy Hardcore. As for Happy Hardcore being replaced by Techno, I don't think anyone has told the charvas yet.

7939[/snapback]

Perhaps replaced was the wrong word to use. They're becoming much more similar. The cheesy vocals in happy hardcore seem to be disappearing and the basslines are getting alot harder.

You can't beat old school happy hardcore though. Orca - 4am, pure class.

;)

7911[/snapback]

7934[/snapback]

7939[/snapback]

Perhaps replaced was the wrong word to use. They're becoming much more similar. The cheesy vocals in happy hardcore seem to be disappearing and the basslines are getting alot harder.

;)

7947[/snapback]

Wouldn't that just be hardcore/techno rather than happy hardcore then? B)

too much music is just dumped in to the genre of Techno when it's something totally different

a bit like defining a song as "Dance"

how to annoy a DJ instead of requesting a song just say "can you play something good", it really pisses me off  ;)

7946[/snapback]

Yep, you're not wrong there!

When I used to regularly DJ at the local pub, I had one twat come up to me one night and ask if I was going to play anything decent tonight, so naturally I replied with "no, I intend to play crap all night thanks".

7911[/snapback]

7934[/snapback]

7939[/snapback]

;)

7947[/snapback]

Wouldn't that just be hardcore/techno rather than happy hardcore then? B)

7950[/snapback]

Well if you want to put a specific label on it. Smart arse! :second:

I get ripped for....

supporting the toon and torquay

Liking phil collin's songs

Being attracted to ginners ;)

Having a thing about plumping cushions up, straightening curtains and the coasters on the coffee table B)

I get ripped for....

Liking  phil collin's songs 

Being attracted to ginners  :P

Having a thing about plumping cushions up, straightening curtains and  the coasters on the coffee table  :blush:

7976[/snapback]

Liking phil collin's songs ;)B):second:;);):P:P

I get ripped for....

Liking  phil collin's songs 

Being attracted to ginners  :P

Having a thing about plumping cushions up, straightening curtains and  the coasters on the coffee table  :blush:

7976[/snapback]

Liking phil collin's songs ;)B):second:;);):P:P

7980[/snapback]

lol...yes, thats the usual reaction :blush:

I must add i dont like ALL of his music :blush::D