Other Games 21/22: Talk about Actual Football

Ayatollah Hermione

11 minutes ago, Howay said:

Bruce doing an amazing job with West Brom I see. Wonder what excuses the media will come up with for him. 

It just won't be mentioned especially with them being in the championship.

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It just won't be mentioned especially with them being in the championship.

Agreed, 1 point from a possible 9 since he took charge :lol: play off contenders to mid table shite. If only his recent managerial record pointed to this happening. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Lingard starts for Man United. At least he's getting some game time. 

I think the reason the transfer was pulled was because of the Mason Greenwood carry on. Had he not done what he'd done, I think Man Utd would happily have let both Lingard and Van De Beek go out on loan.

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Seriously when is football going to take head injuries seriously? How was he allowed to carry on? 

What happened?  I missed the start and tuned in to see the lad on the deck.  Was doing something else and saw him back on the deck and getting subbed.  Has he basically gone back down with the same head injury?  That's fucking shocking if so. 

McTomminay went in clumsy and his shoulder he his head. Straight away a cut above his eye. Spent about 5 minutes sorting the cut out. Absolutely no HIA done at all.  They say it happens but it doesnt. You see it done properly in rugby. Football they dont give two fucks. 

In a few years we will have someone like Harry Kane doing a documentary on issues in retired pros caused by not taking head injuries seriously. 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Was it the head injury he went off for then?  Harry Kane came into football talking like a retired boxer..  He needs to be wearing a crash helmet. 

Aye

He just sat down about 10 minutes after the initial injury holding his head and then helped off the field looking groggy.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

If Leeds don't go down this season they will next year.  Bielsa won't stay at the end of this year.

Aye, Phil Hay, the Leeds "expert" at the Athletic seems pretty sure that Bielsa will walk at some point soon.

2-0.