TOT’s Titans vs Citeh

Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

It was either Dubravka’s ball or not and Clark should have been told what the decision was.

As a defender if you have any doubt whatsoever you clear that, you can’t let it pass over your head and into the 6 yard area unless you are sure your keeper is calling for it. You see it all the time where a defender has cleared a ball a keeper has blatantly been calling for. Clark deserves the lion share of the blame. 

• Like 1

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Can’t believe I’m now gutted about the fact we’ll lose Joelinton when we’re relegated :lol: 

Fuck that. Make him captain for the promotion push 

• Like 1

Just now, Howay said:

As a defender if you have any doubt whatsoever you clear that, you can’t let it pass over your head and into the 6 yard area unless you are sure your keeper is calling for it. You see it all the time where a defender has cleared a ball a keeper has blatantly been calling for. Clark deserves the lion share of the blame. 

I agree but a simple shout from the keeper was required before the ball reached Clark leaving him in no doubt what was to be done.

Just now, essembeeofsunderland said:

I agree but a simple shout from the keeper was required before the ball reached Clark leaving him in no doubt what was to be done.

Oh aye I agree Dubravka isn’t blameless. I just mean a competent defender isn’t leaving any chance there, Dubravka should have come and grabbed the ball too but Clark absolutely can’t just assume that’s what will happen. The clash where Wilson got hurt there showed how it should be done imo, the defender went for it and Ederson clattered them both. 

Just now, Howay said:

Oh aye I agree Dubravka isn’t blameless. I just mean a competent defender isn’t leaving any chance there, Dubravka should have come and grabbed the ball too but Clark absolutely can’t just assume that’s what will happen. The clash where Wilson got hurt there showed how it should be done imo, the defender went for it and Ederson clattered them both. 

Good post.

• Like 1