Bruno Guimarães

wykikitoon

Yeah, like Gloomy says, to sell to a domestic opponent we'd need enough money to replace him (either directly or in the aggregate), enough money to ensure we don't look like soft touches and enough money to placate the fans. 

Bruno isn't just our best player, he's a symbol of the new Newcastle, he's adored by the fans, and by extension the owners and execs get credit for him. Sell him to a PL club and all that disappears. 

• Like 4

I’d love Paqueta in our team btw. 

If we signed Mbeumo (who could probably do a job as the third striker as well as winger) and him whilst picking up a couple of new defenders on the cheap (eg Tobin and Kelly) - then we’d be in with a top 4 finish. 

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

IMO, at least £150m

apparently the £100m release clause can only be activated by foreign teams already in the champions league and the fee has to be paid up front. So realistically, you’re talking PSG Real, or a Saudi club, which seems less likely given he’s at the peak of his powers. 

It would take an astronomical bid from an English club so it’s probably a nonstarter for Man City. 

if thats the case then you're right. a non-starter. good as he is we won't be paying 150m. i was shocked we paid 100m for jack.

Guess our interest would come down to the release clause. City do like a release clause.

I read somewhere that Newcastle might be willing to listen from 80m. but thats probably bollocks.

ps i have no real opinion but its probably better to balance the "we can get him" noise, with the toontastic "no chance" noise.

11 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’d love Paqueta in our team btw. 

If we signed Mbeumo (who could probably do a job as the third striker as well as winger) and him whilst picking up a couple of new defenders on the cheap (eg Tobin and Kelly) - then we’d be in with a top 4 finish. 

Paqueta has an ongoing investigation that put City off before, and possibly still will. City do like defending an investigation though.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

It’ll be a no brainer for him if Man City are involved.

and an instant ban for me no doubt. or maybe a suspension

8 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

if thats the case then you're right. a non-starter. good as he is we won't be paying 150m. i was shocked we paid 100m for jack.

Guess our interest would come down to the release clause. City do like a release clause.

I read somewhere that Newcastle might be willing to listen from 80m. but thats probably bollocks.

ps i have no real opinion but its probably better to balance the "we can get him" noise, with the toontastic "no chance" noise.

i can't remember who reported the release clause only being open to foreign clubs, so i can't guarantee that it is accurate. i hope it's true.

you could forgive him going to real madrid if they activated the 100m fee before the end of june but it would hurt to see him playing for another english club.

however, he would be a perfect fit for man city's midfield and f i could understand why his head would be turned - the chance to win at least a trophy or two every season and to play alongside world class players instead of miggy and longstaff every week, on an even bigger salary, i'm sure would be hard to resist. 

i just hope the story about the clause is true and we're able to extract a massive fee were he to end up going to another english club. it would have to be well north of £100m, i suspect, unless sone of the more alarming stories about our PSR struggles are also true and we really are looking to sell a prize asset to finance a squad rebuild. 

• Like 1

If Man City were to come calling then it would be difficult for any footballer not to be interested. Playing in one of the best teams in the world competing on all fronts is a draw for any player with ambition.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

you been reading the posts by one of the moderators on rtg?

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

you been reading the posts by one of the moderators on rtg?

not sure what rtg stands for so probably not.  think i read it on twitter and/or bluemoon so not necessarily a strong source.

he would be a good alongside Rodri and could replace him sometimes too. good energy and grit. my understanding is that he could play either 6 or 8 depending. Gundogan mark 2?

not sure of his goals and assists output. i'll bother to look if there turns out to be any legs to it.

7 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

not sure what rtg stands for so probably not.  think i read it on twitter and/or bluemoon so not necessarily a strong source.

he would be a good alongside Rodri and could replace him sometimes too. good energy and grit. my understanding is that he could play either 6 or 8 depending. Gundogan mark 2?

not sure of his goals and assists output. i'll bother to look if there turns out to be any legs to it.

rtg is the sunderland messageboard mate.

my post to you was a sort of private hoke, very probably only funny to me.   :)

mind you..... £80m is laughable.

I would definitely give this place a wide berth for a week or two if Bruno signs for your lot. :lol:

As I've said before though, if one of the two best teams in the world comes knocking for him, he'd he crazy not to go, and we're just gonna have to come to terms with that uncomfortable fact. 

Hope Gloom is right about the clause being for non-domestic clubs only, but I think we'd have a problem with Bruno if we put a £150m price tag on him domestically when there's a £100m one in his contract. I think he'd go for much closer to £100m domestically too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I might give this place a wide berth myself for a couple of weeks if Bruno goes in the summer. 

Gonna be a lot of this going on. 

Screenshot_20240501-100724.png.1ffb8df13da2a3df595c39214b240c2e.png

• Haha 3

If we (and I don't think we will) let him go for £80m we are fucking mental.  I think if he goes it will be c£120m

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

he could play both roles with aplomb, particularly in your midfield alongside world class players.

he played "number 8" in his first half season after signing in the january window and scored a bunch of goals. they have dried up since then as he's played the deeper role since. but the numbers don't tell the whole story. everything goes through him. he is head and shoulders our best player, picking up the ball from the centre backs, always looking to receive it and dictating play from deep. 

he'd be a massive loss for us. we should be able to build our team around him and we have the money to do so. it's only the bullshit psr nonsense stopping us, which which is why we would be crying out for an astronomical transfer fee. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I might give this place a wide berth myself for a couple of weeks if Bruno goes in the summer. 

Gonna be a lot of this going on. 

Screenshot_20240501-100724.png.1ffb8df13da2a3df595c39214b240c2e.png

it'll be devastating. 

we should be building a team around him, just as man city were able to do with david silva and yaya toure. 

we shouldn't be forced to sell him because of some bullshit rules - arbitrary lines in sand drawn to protect the established clubs who were able to spend their own money with impunity, build their squads and grow their brands without having to contend with these bullshit rules

it's the most newcastley thing ever that when it finally is our turn, all this shit is put in place to stop us. 

• Like 3

If Man City or Real Madrid come in for him, it won't be PSR that's causing him to leave. It'll be the immediacy of success that those teams can offer vs the promise of it here. 

Totally agree PSR is absolute bullshit though. Whether you believe it's been set up to protect the elite doesn't really matter, what matters is that that's how it's now working. Preventing perfectly sustainable clubs from progressing. 

The idea that a constantly changing group of 20 clubs gets to decide how it all works is fucking mental too. 

• Like 3

at this point i wish there was an independent regulator to say "no lads, this psr is barmy, and we the government aren't having it"

2 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

at this point i wish there was an independent regulator to say "no lads, this psr is barmy, and we the government aren't having it"

It wouldnt be allowed in normal business life.  It's fucking corrupt.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

it's anticompetitive, protectionist bullshit. the whole thing stinks and you're right it wouldn't be tolerated elsewhere. 

• Like 3

You've got teams at the top who don't want the teams below catching up with them, and teams towards the bottom who don't want the teams above getting away from them. It should be self evident that you can't allow the league to self govern. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

we've been saying this for over 10 years. it's only now that clubs other than city are being affected that people are saying its wrong. 

52 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

we've been saying this for over 10 years. it's only now that clubs other than city are being affected that people are saying its wrong. 

it hasn't really hindered man city though, has it? you were able to spend your oil millions before the proper punishments came in snd are now closing in on a fourth successive title.

we have the richest owners in the world but they are being denied the chance to grow their club the same way that man city and chelsea owners were able to because of the bullshit psr rules. 

• Like 3