Other Games 22/23

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I did not know that Smalling played for Roma.

It's a depressing feature of today's game that you can no longer believe the frantic arm wave when a player goes down. That used to be a cast iron guarantee of a really bad injury, now it's usually just some cunt wanting a lie down.

Smalling has been there a few seasons now I think 

• Like 2

It was nice to see him get precisely what his tactics and pitch side antics deserved last night mind. Playing for penalties for more than half the match (including extra time). And him and his bench contesting practically every (even minor) decision like one of their players had been chopped in half by waist-high tackle. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I did not know that Smalling played for Roma.

It's a depressing feature of today's game that you can no longer believe the frantic arm wave when a player goes down. That used to be a cast iron guarantee of a really bad injury, now it's usually just some cunt wanting a lie down.

141 games for them over 4 seasons. Easy missed 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

141 games for them over 4 seasons. Easy missed 

On the evidence of last night he’s still a good defender and better than a certain England international still at Man Utd 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

I don't know what he's moaning about. It went to penalties and they got beat. The penalty incident he's talking about did look like a pen in real time, but it wasn't and it got overturned.

The disgrace was the match. It was fucking awful.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

On the evidence of last night he’s still a good defender and better than a certain England international still at Man Utd 

Mad that players like Maguire, Dunk and Mings get in ahead of Smalling and Tomori. Top 6 Serie A players with plenty of CL/EL experience. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Mad that players like Maguire, Dunk and Mings get in ahead of Smalling and Tomori. Top 6 Serie A players with plenty of CL/EL experience. 

And that's one of the reasons that good English players don't test themselves overseas when they should. 

That and the fact that a second language is difficult when you can't even speak your first language, of course.

tonight show nbc GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

:smile:

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I don't know what he's moaning about. It went to penalties and they got beat. The penalty incident he's talking about did look like a pen in real time, but it wasn't and it got overturned.

The disgrace was the match. It was fucking awful.

He comes across as a pissed up parody of his former self these days. I know those comments about Spurs / Levy were funny (because it’s Spurs), but he only said it because he was a failure there. It’s always someone else’s fault 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alex said:

He comes across as a pissed up parody of his former self these days. I know those comments about Spurs / Levy were funny (because it’s Spurs), but he only said it because he was a failure there. It’s always someone else’s fault 

angry kid GIF

Basically 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Casemiro should be in bother for this. Of course he isn't. :lol:

Was about to post it should’ve been a red based on the current rules 

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was about to post it should’ve been a red based on the current rules 

Think it’s fair to say that the rules are enforced when it suits. Almost feels like they pick and choose so as to influence the NARRATIVE as an exciting, marketable product. That’s probably giving them too much credit though 

• Like 2