St James’ Park

Craig

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the bloke was answering (ro refusing to answer) questions put to him on twitter like a true politician. but he's put St James' Park as a hashtag in his tweet. read into that what you will  

Aye but the council doesn’t own the land and the planning permission still stands. He probably wants the same as us but he’s relatively powerless even if the club have made it clear they’d like to purchase the land 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Aye but the council doesn’t own the land and the planning permission still stands. He probably wants the same as us but he’s relatively powerless even if the club have made it clear they’d like to purchase the land 

of course the council doesn't own the land, the developer does after the FCB sold them it. but they might now be more willing to sell up. like i said, the developers won't give a shit if the project collapses or not as long as they get the money they want

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Exactly. All he can do is object to the use of public funding and outline he rationale for doing so which is precisely what he has done.

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’d prefer something not made out of Meccano

i wasn't suggesting we put up a temporary structure, though some have suggested we do just that so we can completely rebuild sjp. 

it was the scale of it. i imagine the flag displays in a kop end that is almost touching the clouds. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

i wasn't suggesting we put up a temporary structure, though some have suggested we do just that so we can completely rebuild sjp. 

it was the scale of it. i imagine the flag displays in a kop end that is almost touching the clouds. 

As I said elsewhere, if it came to us being able to obtain that land and develop on it, I'd demolish the entire existing Gallowgate stand, including the corners and start again. And as you say make it a high banked kop like Dortmund & Spurs have got. :good:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Exactly. All he can do is object to the use of public funding and outline he rationale for doing so which is precisely what he has done.

well yeah, he's done his bit. removing the public money makes it more likely the developers sell up - good lad. 

it's a win win for the local economy as well a for the club tbh - an extra few thousand through the doors on match days means more money spent in bars and restaurants

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Craig said:

As I said elsewhere, if it came to us being able to obtain that land and develop on it, I'd demolish the entire existing Gallowgate stand, including the corners and start again. And as you say make it a high banked kop like Dortmund & Spurs have got. :good:

imagine wor flags getting to work with this kind of stand

image.png.6691025ed2854a39548ab98a5e657368.png

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

Annoying as Ashley sold it out of pure spite imo

Of all his crimes I've always thought that was the worst - even surpassing his treatment of Keegan which I'd happily see him die for. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

state of it man :lol:

image.png.2e52a85482d0753a4fa1e5fc6606abfa.png

I've been back row of level 7 and its a no from me........ sitting in the that top row would frighten the shit out of me

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the dortmand kop holds 25k. let's build one that holds 30k

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Mag behaviour that. Let’s make it 25,001

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

So basically the developer has less incentive to build on the land, which is clearly a good thing? 

I was never previously that bothered about the gorund size, having demand outstrip supply isn't always a bad thing. But that ratio is now way too high, and we have fallen from second in 2000 to 7th in 2023, which is no longer acceptable.

image.png.b7921c60dff84352113292350d366731.png

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

So basically the developer has less incentive to build on the land, which is clearly a good thing? 

I was never previously that bothered about the gorund size, having demand outstrip supply isn't always a bad thing. But that ratio is now way too high, and we have fallen from second in 2000 to 7th in 2023, which is no longer acceptable.

image.png.b7921c60dff84352113292350d366731.png

the gallowgate currently holds 9k. turn into a kop that holds 25k+ and suddenly we're back in second 

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

It isn't all about bragging rights, it's also an important generator of income for the club. 

• Like 1

Btw, the roof is starting to leak in the Leazes I think. I'd send MF to deal with it but he's too busy shitting into plastic bags and murdering prostitutes nowadays. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

It isn't all about bragging rights, it's also an important generator of income for the club. 

Yeah, I know. But income wise I bet there is quite a bit of elasticity on the seat price now, ticket prices can just go up. Hope they don't obviously, but this Gallowgate extension would be at least £300 million I reckon. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

it is a bit about whose dick is bigger. the smart business move would be to build more corporate hospitality but i want to be able to walk into a room full of dortmand, liverpool and spurs fan and say: look at the size of my kop

• Haha 1