“When Seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think Eddie’s Fishers of Men will be thrown into the sea.”

PaddockLad

just a personal opinion....

first visit for me to the amex yesterday  enjoyed me beers in the lansdown arms in lewes but was weird having to cut it short at 2pm to catch a train to the ground. makes you appreciate even more our own grounds location.

the ground is visually quite impressive from the outside, shame about the £10 burgers.

once inside I thought the away end was shite,  far too flat,  was stood half way down the stand but even moving to the back it was too low a viewpoint for me personally. I like to look down on a game more.

fucking chaotic afterwards at the station but train delays didn't help so maybe its not always that bad?

nice and sunny though!  :)

On 14/08/2022 at 11:31, thebrokendoll said:

just a personal opinion....

first visit for me to the amex yesterday  enjoyed me beers in the lansdown arms in lewes but was weird having to cut it short at 2pm to catch a train to the ground. makes you appreciate even more our own grounds location.

the ground is visually quite impressive from the outside, shame about the £10 burgers.

once inside I thought the away end was shite,  far too flat,  was stood half way down the stand but even moving to the back it was too low a viewpoint for me personally. I like to look down on a game more.

fucking chaotic afterwards at the station but train delays didn't help so maybe its not always that bad?

nice and sunny though!  :)

Even our fans were moaning about the trains. Unfortunately we are the mercy of one of the most incompetent train operators in Southern. When I used to use them I'd hang back, have a beer or two then saunter down straight onto a train back to Brighton. Now I get a door-to-door coach to one of my favourite micropubs in Hove. I'm usually supping at 10 to 6 on a 3pm ko. 

As regards the match I thoroughly enjoyed it for a 0-0.i thought the Albion should have taken all 3 points but I get that you will be annoyed at the scratching off of your 'goal'. I put that down to the new 'higher threshold' nonsense instructed to referees. I didn't see much in it to be honest (after seeing it on MotD) 

A decent contest but United still aren't the finished article by a long chalk and it shows (not in a really bad way, just that we know what's coming) 

I'm happy with our progress, we play some lovely stuff at times - a real joy to watch. I don't think we missed the to big sales either. Things are looking good for us. Still dreaming of trips to Germany, Spain or Italy without the missus 🤣 All the best for the rest of the season

• Like 7