Middle East Crisis

Rayvin

40 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Same when I posted earlier today :lol:  I cannot forget you have folks down there who are affected. 

I know I've said a lot above but I dont intend on a drawn out to and fro. It is what it is. I think at the very least when tens of thousands are dying its okay, within boundaries, to voice your concerns even if they wont matter much. If at any point I've exceeded these best guess boundaries between message board friends that have never met, I hope you'll excuse me. I do read everything you say with the intention of listening and not just responding. 

hey man, I should have read this latest post before I hit send on my previous reply. I am more than happy to leave it here 

• Like 1

So is Cameron saying today that Israel are going to escalate with Iran? This is going stunningly badly for everyone involved tbh. A sobering reminder of what the breakdown of interdependency means for the world.

Still, I suppose BAE and Lockheed are having a field day.

• Like 1

Watching the BBC report on a memorial being set up in Normandy.

Meanwhile these stupid little cunts are firing missiles backwards and forwards and we all just have to sit and take it. 

ISreal are really pissing me off. They got their win, Iran humiliated, but it wasn't enough. They are edging us to all out war. 

Really, we should now cut off supplying Israel and dare I say it actually sanction them like we do for other rogue states. Ban them from the olympics, boo them at Eurovision. 

• Like 2

The mediators need to step in now and tell both sides to chill the fuck out.

Though this response looks to be a response in inverted commas - just as Iran's was when they telegraphed their launch of 300 missiles against Israel. Sounds like it was limited face-saving strike, designed to not piss off Biden too much. The Iranians seemingly using media to take the piss out of how feeble it was and the hardliners in Israel up in arms that it wasn't a more destructive strike

Aye it seems a bit of facing saving symbolism from both sides than a proper menacing attack meant to start a war. Obviously the danger of a miscalculation leading to armageddon is always present.

Biden has made a spectacular hash of this. Not only plunged half the world on the brink of war but seemingly lost the control the US has exerted for so long in the region. Both Israel and Iran gave a sum total of zero fucks to his 'warnings' or whatever else he was trying to do to try and de-escalate. The incompetence in handling this crises is definitely not going to help his chances in the elections. What irony, if his ridiculous support for a madman abroad leads to another one being put in office at home. And what that will lead to this time who knows. 

• Like 1